Grins and Chuckles

owlbooster

owlbooster you are correct I did misspeak. You never said MUS would beat Alcoa by 3 to 4 td's last year. It was a couple other posters from MUS, West Tn and Middle Tn. I should have check before I wrote that post so my bad. However in doing a little research I found out a few things. Most of the post that are started about Alcoa on coacht are from other schools posters. Other than the games coming up (I would say about 80%). Example: Open zone schools-Rankin must be looking-The Alcoa Challenge-etc...This is why some of the Alcoa posters to be on the offensive because of some things that are said in these threads. Also you have brought up the thread "Is Alcoa the best team in any classification." which was started by an Alcoa fan. If you noticed he ask the question is Alcoa the best team in any classification not counting the private schools because he didn't know enough about them. However you keep on dragging out this thread like we disrespected your owls?? Like in 4 or 5 different post..... The truth is the West Tn posters started that argument. That thread had nothing to do with DII schools but there were several that posted their opinions. Which is OK that's what this forum is all about but to complain about that thread in 4 or 5 post is silly. Especially when the Alcoa posters didn't even bring up your beloved owls. After looking at that thread again I don't remember more than 1 Alcoa fan stating that we would beat MUS last year. I don't get it??????

So make your call to MUS and get your tails up to East Tn to play in the BC Bowl. MBA is in if Baylor doesn't come we will need to get another team. Here's your chance to show your dominance over the pathetic Blount County teams. :lol: This would be a good gauge on where we stack up against the big boys....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owlbooster you are correct I did misspeak. You never said MUS would beat Alcoa by 3 to 4 td's last year. It was a couple other posters from MUS, West Tn and Middle Tn. I should have check before I wrote that post so my bad. However in doing a little research I found out a few things. Most of the post that are started about Alcoa on coacht are from other schools posters. Other than the games coming up (I would say about 80%). Example: Open zone schools-Rankin must be looking-The Alcoa Challenge-etc...This is why some of the Alcoa posters to be on the offensive because of some things that are said in these threads. Also you have brought up the thread "Is Alcoa the best team in any classification." which was started by an Alcoa fan. If you noticed he ask the question is Alcoa the best team in any classification not counting the private schools because he didn't know enough about them. However you keep on dragging out this thread like we disrespected your owls?? Like in 4 or 5 different post..... The truth is the West Tn posters started that argument. That thread had nothing to do with DII schools but there were several that posted their opinions. Which is OK that's what this forum is all about but to complain about that thread in 4 or 5 post is silly. Especially when the Alcoa posters didn't even bring up your beloved owls. After looking at that thread again I don't remember more than 1 Alcoa fan stating that we would beat MUS last year. I don't get it??????

So make your call to MUS and get your tails up to East Tn to play in the BC Bowl. MBA is in if Baylor doesn't come we will need to get another team. Here's your chance to show your dominance over the pathetic Blount County teams. :lol: This would be a good gauge on where we stack up against the big boys....

Thanks for actually reading what I said. I wasn't aware that "Is Alcoa the best team in any classification..." didn't include DII. Apparently, a lot of other people weren't aware either. I'll go back and see how we all missed this important(?) distinction. When this thread appeared, I thought it was basically stupid and a little arrogant. I saw no reason to participate, especially with so many already saying it all. But after 7 pages, when somebody tried to diminish the MUS victory over South Panola for a laughingly absurd reason, i.e., that they weren't one of the top teams in MS, I had to add my 2 cents worth (post #101). Many of these types of posts proved to even be more absurd at season's end. For the record, nobody from MUS predicted any of those "scores." I certainly agreed with those that thought they were overreaching.

As to who starts threads about Alcoa, I don't know. I made a one-time mistake of starting this one (which was really meant to be a referral to another thread on "Zoning") and tried to undo it. Having failed, I apologized - twice. I do know that certain Alcoa fans are all over the DII and 5A/6A threads, and NOT to add meaningful comments. As I pointed out, "the thread" was the only 3A/4A thread I entered last year. I'm not familiar with the others you name. I spend almost zero time on 3A/4A and just look at responses. Are you implying that DIIers are starting them? What does it matter if it is a legitimate topic? How do you tell unless their "name" gives you a clue? Is there a directory? The 3 most vocal advocates for MUS on "the thread" were GCPioneer, OmahaVol, and BigValVenus. Were these all "901" shills for DII or MUS? Are there DII schools in Gibson County (or Nebraska or Venus)?

I never said or even thought the Owls were disrespected. That's the sounding horn of the other side. My problem has always been with those BC fans that think anybody that disagrees with them personally is somehow "disrespecting" their teams.

"Here's your chance to show your dominance over the pathetic Blount County teams." I trust this an attempt at humor. Coming from some, that would be a completely serious comment.

Good luck with the "Whatever" Bowl. If you pull it off, it will be good for TN football.

Edited by owlbooster

STOP IT.....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP, I'M BEGGING

I have no fingerprints left to identify me when I die from exhaustion. The "dead horse" is no longer identifiable as a horse. It will stop soon. I actually had stopped before but then posters kept popping up with remarks I needed to challenge. If they disappear, so will I.

:roflol: .. You might be the biggest wimp on here because you can't even admit when your wrong. That thread wasn't even about DII. That was the distinction. You just distort the truth as always. If you don't like Alcoa folks then don't talk about us. I would say 20% of your 300 post was a remark about the Tornadoes or their posters. Seems a little high for someone thats an MUS fan not an Alcoa fan. I personally believe you just like to stir the pot. Just look at your first few post on this site. That tells me all i need to know. :popcorneater:

:roflol: .. You might be the biggest wimp on here because you can't even admit when your wrong. That thread wasn't even about DII. That was the distinction. You just distort the truth as always. If you don't like Alcoa folks then don't talk about us. I would say 20% of your 300 post was a remark about the Tornadoes or their posters. Seems a little high for someone thats an MUS fan not an Alcoa fan. I personally believe you just like to stir the pot. Just look at your first few post on this site. That tells me all i need to know. :popcorneater:

I just now had a chance to go back and carefully read post #1 which stated "nonprivate schools." That's an oversight by me and a whole lot of other people, not a "distortion of the truth." So we both stand corrected. On these sites, "truth" often is in the "eye of the beholder," not beholden to any actual facts. And if some posters repeat the same misperceptions or lies often enough, people will believe them to be the truth, as you did with the "score." For this reason, I dare say that 90% of what you think you know about me is false. An opinion is an opinion. I entered that thread around post #100. Somebody brought up MUS on the first page and everybody ran with it, didn't they? So I guess we're all careless idiots, eh? I didn't notice anybody "correcting" the situation. The thread title didn't read "Is Alcoa the best team in D1?" did it?" I wonder if you even knew that "distinction" until you went back and read it over...

I've already apologized twice for the way I worded the start of this thread. I simply should have said "Go read this interesting & informative thread" (Alcoa Zoning Restrictions). But I was pissed off at the comments directed at MUS in it. I tried unsuccessfully to change it right after I posted it, but apparently thread topics can't be edited or deleted the same way as simple posts. Outside of this thread, every "Alcoa" post I have made has been in response to certain posters known all over Coach T for their gratuitous "iconic" comments. At the start of this season, I wanted nothing to do in 2010 with anything "Alcoa", BUT some of you came over to the 6A and DII threads and "stirred the pot up" anew in a hateful way. I'm a sucker for confronting bad behavior.

Whether it's 5% or 20%, what difference does it make? All of them involving the actual team were either neutral or complimentary. Anybody who cares about TN football is going to look twice when "Alcoa" is mentioned. And they are mentioned a LOT.

My life was just fine before joining Coach T in 2008, and it will be better after leaving it behind me now. Poof! I'm gone. Too much rancor and irrationality here for me. Ya'll have fun now!

Edited by owlbooster

CoachT would be a lot better off if it was as carefully monitored for trolling as it was for cursing.

Ya , you're right !! Then maybe this thread " Grins and Chuckles " ( which it's only purpose is to try and get support from other DII posters to attack Alcoa ) wouldn't be allowed !! :thumb: