Bearden vs Farragut

sports19

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ty was banged up lat week so they held him out. He had his arm in a sling but look for him to be ready against the Bulldogs. Should be a great matchup. From what I can recall it seems the Young has had trouble against the Farragut defense, so it will be intersting to see how he responds. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks for info on Perez. His speed will be needed. I think a key for Farragut will be to hit Young hard and often. I look for Young to get more than 16 carries Friday night.

Edited by Former44

Farragut has done a good job vs. Young in previous meetings. I think he got some yards, but was kept out of the endzone last year. I think the key is to minimize his long runs, like Maryville did. It's almost impossible to shut him down completely, but if you keep him off the sidelines you can keep his big play potential down. If Farragut can keep him between the tackles they have a good chance. Pressure on the QB will be just as important. Farragut has struggled most of the year applying pressure. Hopefully they will come out of their shell and run some of the blitzes they never run.

Farragut must also negate Young's big-play ability in the return game. Kickoffs need to reach the endzone. Ponce really frustrated him last year. Hopefully, King can do so as well.

At the same time, the offense needs to convert and stay on the field. Young is just as dangerous returning punts.

I thought Hannay looked pretty good at nose against Heritage. He adds some quickness, along with pretty good size.

I still am not a big fan of the three man front. My uncle, who was a very succesful high school and Div.III coach, always said "I don't like the three man front on the high school level. I can't stand being a gap under every play." I tend to agree with him, although I do believe it can be quite useful in certain situations.

Edited by Former44

I look forward to this game and seeing the outcome.. i think farragut is getting better and figuring things out as the season goes on! They havent played a athlete or player like young yet so we will see what they can do... all the post above stated it well and if u can contain young you can beat bearden! I see this being a veri competivie game and i think bearden pulls it out because they are going to use young a lot after a bad performance against maryville! close game....