Smith County @ Cannon Cannon

scooter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I can confirm that...the HORN BLOWER WILL BE ON THE SC SIDE FOR THE GAME....i understand the AD and principal are trying to intercept the horn when he tries to enter the game....but the horn blower has already hid it on the visitor side today....actually had a local police help him break into the field today.....

I would think nobody wants to set close to him. That thing has got to be full of dust, being it hasn't been used any this year. They may have to stop the game and let the air clear so eveyone can see the first time he jars down on that thing.

Scoring 58 points and giving up 339 points in 8 games and being 0 for 2010, I would probably hide that thing too. :roflol:

Smith Co. has given up 39 points in 8 games. To their credit,Cannon Co. HAS held 2 of the 6 teams they played UNDER 39 points.

But, a blind squirrel does find an acorn every once in a while, right pattypeepers?

Guest Termite

SC fans need to get there early if they want a good seat close to "Horatio the horn blower" , heard he has already has staked out a seat on the visitors side :angry:

I don't blame him. Who would want to set on the CC side. :roflol:

I thought you had a better eye for football as well and understand that the less proficient an opponent is passing the ball the more you can sell out on the pass rush. SC's depth (they have exploited teams in the 2nd half by being fresher on both offense and defense - look how their running game and Scurlock did late against WH)and loading up against the run against teams that don't throw well has be the key to their success.

I give them credit and their coaches for understanding that is their strength and making it work.

We can argue all day, but you will never convince me the teams they have played could throw the ball despite the pass rush. I didn't see the Cheatham Cty. game or the Macon Co. game, but the others I saw and, except for WH, those teams had NO passing game. Maynord is smart. He defends the run, sells out on the rush (look how many times SC's linebackers are pressuring the passer), and forces poor passing teams to try to throw. I credit him for that.

I agree that we have not played 4 or 5 teams who have real strong passing - but we have played teams that can beat you throwing the ball if you don't defend the pass. We have stepped up to defend the pass all year and that is all we can expect. When, and if, we play a strong passing team, I am sure the coaching staff will set up a gameplan to slow down the pass. I am sure the coaches are not shaking and shivering saying: "Oh me, I hope we don't play a strong passing team". :thumb: