Batmans top 5 NET poll

BatmanDB

I've watched a lot of teams this year and heard a lot of talk on this subject.Instead of talking about it on every thread,let's do it here.Trying to be as non-biased as possible,here is my top five for this week.{{Number 1 Dobyns-Bennett}}.I've seen them play and seen Greeneville play more then once .I've seen them go at it in a scrimmage.I've got big ties to both schools and just think the better team plays it's home games at J Fred.Dobyns-Bennett has the most overall team speed in NET and speed kills.{{Number 2 Greeneville}}.They have size and speed.Probably the fastest football player in this part of the state is on the Devils roster.Speed kills and the Devils are loaded with it.Greeneville is a great white swimming in a fish hatchery this year.{{Number 3 Sullivan South}}South has played a tough schedule and has losses to the top two.They pounded my number 4 team and based on that they get the nod here with a 3-4 record.{{Number 4 Boone}}They have good size and athletes.Coming off a big win against Science Hill last night,they are my number 4.{{Number 5 Hampton}}I'm placing them here simply because they are 7-0 and that's special

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched a lot of teams this year and heard a lot of talk on this subject.Instead of talking about it on every thread,let's do it here.Trying to be as non-biased as possible,here is my top five for this week.{{Number 1 Dobyns-Bennett}}.I've seen them play and seen Greeneville play more then once .I've seen them go at it in a scrimmage.I've got big ties to both schools and just think the better team plays it's home games at J Fred.Dobyns-Bennett has the most overall team speed in NET and speed kills.{{Number 2 Greeneville}}.They have size and speed.Probably the fastest football player in this part of the state is on the Devils roster.Speed kills and the Devils are loaded with it.Greeneville is a great white swimming in a fish hatchery this year.{{Number 3 Sullivan South}}South has played a tough schedule and has losses to the top two.They pounded my number 4 team and based on that they get the nod here with a 3-4 record.{{Number 4 Boone}}They have good size and athletes.Coming off a big win against Science Hill last night,they are my number 4.{{Number 5 Hampton}}I'm placing them here simply because they are 7-0 and that's special

:thumb: I agree about Hampton,I say theyd give some of these Bigger schools around here a run for there MONEY.Good top 5

I talk about DB's speed a lot,but our athletic line was a handful for Tennessee High last night.The Hall vs Downs matchup was great in the Greeneville vs Tennessee High game but last night ! I think props were given to Cory Hall on the radio and I zeroed in on University of Tennessee recruit Crowder vs Dobyns-Bennett's D1 prospect Ty Hayworth on both sides of the ball.I'll say this,Ty lived up to everything that's been written.I'm sure any scout at the game was ready to ink him on the spot.It takes five and our whole front was gashing the TH front four.

I believe coach Lundsford (SP) is one of the best coaches around here. I'm surprised a bigger school hasn't scooped him up yet.

I would love to see DB play Greenville! That would be a great game i bet!

The scrimmage was one of the best football days that I've been to this year.You had it all,including blood running off of a player or two's face.DB got out to a three to one touchdown lead and then Greeneville pounded it's way back to tie it at three with the starters.Chris took one straight up the middle for about sixty and big plays were DB's game all day,while small chunks was Greeneville's.

Not that it matters in other parts of the state,but Dobyns-Bennett is the only undefeated 6A team left and Greeneville is the only undefeated 4A team left in the state.Strenth of schedule has something to do with that but it's still interesting for this poll any way

Hello Batman. Oakland is also undefeated I believe. They play Blackman this week and I will take Blackman but they are probably the underdogs. The predictions in 6A is Oakland vs Marynille. I think DB has a legitimate shot and I wish them the best.

Edited by compusatman

Hello Batman. Oakland is also undefeated I believe. They play Blackman this week and I will take Blackman but they are probably the underdogs. The predictions in 6A is Oakland vs Marynille. I think DB has a legitimate shot and I wish them the best.

Thanks Comp.I read that off of a coacht article and thought I'd missed Oakland getting beat somewhere.It's at the bottom of the big front page article that reads tssaa rankings.I see they had Oakland listed as 5A as well

Edited by BatmanDB

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Greenville

3) South

4) Daniel Boone

5) Theres only 4

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree. I was thinking there is really no good choice for the No. 5 spot as I read the first few posts and then saw your post. I've seen Elizabethton and I don't think they're even as good as they were last year. I've seen these four teams and I believe they are the top four teams and this order is correct. I have not seen Science Hill but their drop off the last few weeks makes them suspect.