Batmans top 5 NET poll

BatmanDB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old Hampton co-worker thought it might be a little more then they deserve.If however they were to go undefeated and win the state,I bet no poll would have them outside of NET's top 5.I'm just rewarding a small school for some big wins so far.

Elizabethton should be playing Hampton every year as a natural rival. After all Betsy is only playing as a 3A. Give the little guys a chance to flex their muscles. Do you think Witten is afraid of them?

Elizabethton should be playing Hampton every year as a natural rival. After all Betsy is only playing as a 3A. Give the little guys a chance to flex their muscles. Do you think Witten is afraid of them?

It would of course be a lose-lose game for Elizabethton.Happy Valley is a couple of weeks away and they are pretty good.If Hampton were to lose that game,then we could just say they are one of the best pound for pound in NET.BUT

Well I'm a big Hampton fan ,but I'm also a big fan of all the teams in NET. I think we have a few teams who can make some noise this year.Pretty good brand of football being played in this area. The ranking thing don't matter to me,every team has to play the teams in their respective class. Good luck to ALL

Well I'm a big Hampton fan ,but I'm also a big fan of all the teams in NET. I think we have a few teams who can make some noise this year.Pretty good brand of football being played in this area. The ranking thing don't matter to me,every team has to play the teams in their respective class. Good luck to ALL

What's the outlook for Hampton in the playoffs.Who is the teams to beat for you guys ? It looks like your killing schools your size right now but I'm not as up to date as with Greeneville and Dobyns-Bennett.I told somebody today when they ask about the Devils chances," if they don't win it all after blowing an unexpected trip last year",it would be just terrible for them and NET football.

Greeneville will win State. ( Barring a disaster )

Dobyns Bennett has the best chance in years to win State if they get over the Maryville hurdle.

I don't know much about Hampton.

The "also rans" this year in East TN appear weaker than normal, so it is hard to judge East TN teams based on in-conference performance.

What's the outlook for Hampton in the playoffs.Who is the teams to beat for you guys ? It looks like your killing schools your size right now but I'm not as up to date as with Greeneville and Dobyns-Bennett.I told somebody today when they ask about the Devils chances," if they don't win it all after blowing an unexpected trip last year",it would be just terrible for them and NET football.

I watched Greenville last season and they definately should have won the state,the game was theirs,looks like they have a very good chance again this season.

As far as Hampton goes, hard to say how far they go ,but they would have to play who I consider the best team in 2a in the 4th round. The 2 teams who look like they are improving the most would be Danial Boone and Hampton. Happy Valley should be a stern test.

DB looks strong this year. In 6a ,I don't think there is as much room for era,you either bring the A game or you go home.

I'm not much of a SH fan,they consistantly get the least, with the most of about anyone in the state. That bunch should be absolutely loaded every year. And why they play youth club ball with little school's the size of Cloudland is beyond me.

Greeneville will win State. ( Barring a disaster )

Dobyns Bennett has the best chance in years to win State if they get over the Maryville hurdle.

I don't know much about Hampton.

The "also rans" this year in East TN appear weaker than normal, so it is hard to judge East TN teams based on in-conference performance.

I think the 2006 and 2008 teams were in as good if not better shape to compete for a state title.Besides great ball players,there was no Maryville hurdle plus a lot of teams west of here look really good this year.

I watched Greenville last season and they definately should have won the state,the game was theirs,looks like they have a very good chance again this season.

As far as Hampton goes, hard to say how far they go ,but they would have to play who I consider the best team in 2a in the 4th round. The 2 teams who look like they are improving the most would be Danial Boone and Hampton. Happy Valley should be a stern test.

DB looks strong this year. In 6a ,I don't think there is as much room for era,you either bring the A game or you go home.

I'm not much of a SH fan,they consistantly get the least, with the most of about anyone in the state. That bunch should be absolutely loaded every year. And why they play youth club ball with little school's the size of Cloudland is beyond me.

I thought Greeneville had blown a once in a million chance last year,but if they finish the task it will tie 2009 and 2010 together as a great little two year run.It would be nice to see several teams from three or four classes go to the state semi's this year.If what I'm reading is correct,DB will not see a Maryville type team until the fourth round.While it looks like the perfect storm for the Tribe to roll into the semi's,nothing is a given and fingers are crossed this year.I think Science Hill in the next few years will change the local perception of just being a basketball school.

I thought Greeneville had blown a once in a million chance last year,but if they finish the task it will tie 2009 and 2010 together as a great little two year run.It would be nice to see several teams from three or four classes go to the state semi's this year.If what I'm reading is correct,DB will not see a Maryville type team until the fourth round.While it looks like the perfect storm for the Tribe to roll into the semi's,nothing is a given and fingers are crossed this year.I think Science Hill in the next few years will change the local perception of just being a basketball school.

Batman we have the team this year to make it to at least the simi's, and with some luck and a few breaks along the way we might even find ourselves in that championship game. There are some things we really need to shore up on the defensive side though before we hit the playoffs. If we run up against a good passing team that can protect their quarterback we could be in trouble. Im sure every team we meet in the playoffs will go after our soft spot. Not taking anything away from this years team but I do think our best chance will be in the next two years. Im also hearing that one of ours that we had lost will be moving back to Kingsport and will be a Indian next year.

Batman we have the team this year to make it to at least the simi's, and with some luck and a few breaks along the way we might even find ourselves in that championship game. There are some things we really need to shore up on the defensive side though before we hit the playoffs. If we run up against a good passing team that can protect their quarterback we could be in trouble. Im sure every team we meet in the playoffs will go after our soft spot. Not taking anything away from this years team but I do think our best chance will be in the next two years. Im also hearing that one of ours that we had lost will be moving back to Kingsport and will be a Indian next year.

How far away does he live? I've heard some things but we were not on the receiving end on that one just yet