Camden and Cheatham Co

wmatlock1

jeeeez you guys are thin-skinned, PSSSSST....(whisper)...it's just high school football,

IF Milan makes it to Camden and IF Camden could some how beat Milan, (bad refs, Milan's

bus breaks down, etc..) all of this smack talk I'm doing would make your victory that

much better. Lion's fans you gotta start coming up with some better stuff if your

gonna keep up with the Alcoa guys, IF and I say IF you make it that far.

Good Luck

Milan at Camden.....WOW.....game of the year in West TN

I'm not one of "you guys",just a football fan who checks Camdens posts once in awhile. I got curious after a few weeks of clicking on the Lions topics and,without fail,there's good 'ole swingjuice buttin'into Camden vs. fill-in-the-blank's forum by disrespecting their strength of scedule(stronger than Milans)or pointing out something that Gary Bertier said weakened their chances(he's got them ranked ahead of Milan),or bringing up games from 10 years before these kids were born,so I took the liberty to check Milans last topic....no swingjuice on there!!! Too busy harassing other people to comment on the hometown kids on their own forum? You're right about it being "just high school" so why run down Camdens team,after all they're just high school kids. P.S. get the bus checked out before the trip, the reason that the 'Dawgs'll be on it is 'cause one of those weak teams that Camden beat put you on it.

I'm not one of "you guys",just a football fan who checks Camdens posts once in awhile. I got curious after a few weeks of clicking on the Lions topics and,without fail,there's good 'ole swingjuice buttin'into Camden vs. fill-in-the-blank's forum by disrespecting their strength of scedule(stronger than Milans)or pointing out something that Gary Bertier said weakened their chances(he's got them ranked ahead of Milan),or bringing up games from 10 years before these kids were born,so I took the liberty to check Milans last topic....no swingjuice on there!!! Too busy harassing other people to comment on the hometown kids on their own forum? You're right about it being "just high school" so why run down Camdens team,after all they're just high school kids. P.S. get the bus checked out before the trip, the reason that the 'Dawgs'll be on it is 'cause one of those weak teams that Camden beat put you on it.

Good ole fashion mud slinging. I love it. Buildup for a good game if it happens. Better just worry about Cheatham County this week though. Lions 48 Cubs 13.

48 - 27 Camden finally waking up!!!

Camden needed a game like this late in the season. Congrats to the Cubs who gave Camden all they wanted and more. Great game planning on Coach Finley's part...took advantage of a Camden defense that likes to push hard and gets caught overpursuing at times. Finally the defensive adjustments were made (a little later than us Camden fans would have liked) and they shut the Cub offense down. For a while there I thought it was going to be last team to get the ball wins. Hopefully the Lions got the wake-up call they needed to realize they weren't going to just breeze through the playoffs. Good game Cheatham, you guys have a very good team.

Hope #11 wasn't hurt too bad, but it didn't look good ...let us know Hdik2.

Very good game. Not the thrashing that myself and many others predicted. The Cubs cane to camden to play and did that very well. Hats off to #10 who did what hasn't been done this year, outran Camdens secondary for some long touchdowns. We hope that #11 is has only minor injuries. The tandam play of those two #10 and #11 was impressive. In the end Camden stepped up the Defense and does what Camden does, put up points. Camden has a lot of fine athletes and we are very proud of them and what Coach Ward has accomplished this year and in the past years since coming to Camden. We are proud of our team. Go Lions. Next up Creek Wood.

Guest Termite

Hey Howdy, I hardly ever get to see any teams west of Nashville play. I'm just a little curious, after seeing Camden and Smith Co. both play Cheatham Co., how do they compare?

First off I want to say congrats to Camden Central on a great win last night. You guys were gracious hosts and our fans, players, and coaches were treated with the upmost respect. The Cubs did come to Camden looking to win the game and for 3 quarters it looked like that was going to be a major possibility. The injury to Potts was a major blow and took the wind out of the Cubs sails in the fourth quarter.

Potts broke 3 bones in his foot and is going to miss the remainder of the season. He ends his sophomore season with more than 1,300 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns in just under 8 games.

After seeing both Camden Central and Smith County play I would say the Owls have a much better defense but the Lions are much more explosive on offense. That would definitely be a game well worth the price of admission if it takes place down the road.

Good Luck to the Lions the rest of the way! The Cubs have to regroup and get ready for the challenge ahead against a hungry bunch of Waverly Central Tigers! This week's game is an absolute MUST WIN if the playoffs are going to be reached!