White House @ Macon Co.

geo1126

LARRYBIRD33 I did read it wrong. Brett Boone is still on the team and should be playing but for some reason is not. One of several good players standing on sidelines not playing. I don't get it. That's what I meant by personnell not where they should be.

Most of all freshman squads go undefeated or only lose a game. This one is not doing anything that has not been done many times before.

PITCHFORK IS PROBABLY SCRATCHING HIS HEAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE SAID THE (2ND TEAM) FROM PORTERS SQUADS NOT TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS. DID YOU READ THAT WRONG OR AM I STUCK IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE? IS BRETT BOONE STILL PLAYING? I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE FRESHMAN , IM SURE THEY ARE GOOD AND I HOPE THEY CONTRIBUTE ALOT THE NEXT 3 YEARS , BUT YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE STILL FRESHMAN AND LOTS OF THINGS COULD CHANGE THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

Guest Termite

i just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread. yall post something worth reading. antwan, you ought to go up to this game and watch it with the ole duct man. you could hold his water bottle during the game. it'd be just like when yall were playing in highschool. :thumb:

Hey Snowy, is the ole Ductman, who I think it is?? I believe you had some kin called that sometimes.

i just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread. yall post something worth reading. antwan, you ought to go up to this game and watch it with the ole duct man. you could hold his water bottle during the game. it'd be just like when yall were playing in highschool. :thumb:

That ole duct man could fly...would have started @ UT if he had stayed...no doubt. No better athlete has ever played @ SC.

Edited by Antwan

What up 079? I didn't say it would be the ONLY team. I said it would only be the SECOND team to not make the playoffs. I believe that the only team that has not was the '91 edition. Read it right before speaking! Besides I have confidence that we WILL make the playoffs this year and I think our turnaround starts Friday night!

Did I hurt your feelings with the freshmen comments? Next year, well maybe later this year, several of these freshmen will be taking varsity spots. As good as they are now, they are only going to get better with age and maturity. I will agree that I don't understand why some players aren't seeing the field, but that's a coaches decision and I, for one, trust Coach Porter and his staff. No one sees their effort, attitude, and abilities other than the coaches in practice. I support them all. BDP!

Pitchfork - get out your history book.....if this team doesn't go to the playoffs, it won't be the only team under Coach Porter's tenure to not go to the playoffs. Look it up before speaking! Personnel could be the issue since the line that got us to 3-0 is not starting or taking many downs. The "new and improved" young or mostly sophomore line is 0-4. Maybe we need to go back to the line that got us to 3-0.....just saying... and by the way.....this is not the first freshman team to go undefeated. Freshman play is different than high school play....

From what I hear, Boone isn't coachable to all. He is lazy and has had an attitude. He was a captain this past week for the SC game but stood at the end of the sidelines, with the freshmen, with his helment off. He seemed disinterested in what was going on...so, I don't see him playing too much from here on out. WH has some good young talent and by what I can tell, only start three seniors!! I'm not seeing much leadership from the older guys. I hope things change this week at Macon.

I'm not trying to throw Boone under the bus, just stating my beliefs!

I've heard the same thing. A player has a choice when he is in the doghouse, he can either get sully and crawl back further in the house or he can re-assess his effort and attitude and try to work his way out. A lot of players think just because they are seniors that they are "owed" a starting position and that isn't the case at WHHS.

Hey Snowy, is the ole Ductman, who I think it is?? I believe you had some kin called that sometimes.

that's him mite

That ole duct man could fly...would have started @ UT if he had stayed...no doubt. No better athlete has ever played @ SC.

i wish i coulda seen him play. i once heard that after a game between tc and sc that jim b. told sc's coach that if you had 10 more guy's like him, you couldn't be beat by anyone in the state. great guy, humble, modest and would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. i'm proud to call him uncle duct! :thumb:

that's him mite

i wish i coulda seen him play. i once heard that after a game between tc and sc that jim b. told sc's coach that if you had 10 more guy's like him, you couldn't be beat by anyone in the state. great guy, humble, modest and would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. i'm proud to call him uncle duct! :thumb:

i heard he pitched a little game one time with a broke arm and won the game.i also heard he was a very good football player as well at s.c.. i do know 1 thing he is a great person.

i heard he pitched a little game one time with a broke arm and won the game.i also heard he was a very good football player as well at s.c.. i do know 1 thing he is a great person.

that's true, he broke his left arm (he was a righty) when he fell off a tobacco setter. his future brother-in-law was the ss and after every picth the catcher would throw it back to the ss who would then hand it back to the pitcher. he'd be embarassed if he knew he was getting this kind of attention on the internet. :blush:

i think i'll give hima call. :lol: