Bledsoe at Grundy.

DelTavian

It can all be shaken up again next Friday, too, but right now I'm looking at the #3 quad like this-

1-Goodpasture 2-Smith County 3-Bledsoe 4-Grundy 5-Sequatchie 6-East Literature 7-Pearl-Cohn 8-? (York lost and is probably out of it, didn't look at anybody else yet)

I have Bledsoe three due to guessing they will beat Rockwood and CCS, who knows now. I have Grundy over Sequatchie, even with the head-to-head game, guessing both will be 7-3. Grundy will pick up tiebreaker credit playing Bledsoe, a minimum 6-win team, while Sequatchie played Notre Dame and the next two weeks opponents have losing records. Grundy has Chattanooga Grace and Notre Dame, both with losing records, so you might need to go way down the tiebreaker list. If Chattanooga Central can't post a winning record it will hurt Sequatchie's tiebreaker numbers playing them, even though they're a 4A team.

If East Literature can upset Lipscomb plus win their other game they would probably jump to fourth, and if Bledsoe loses either of the next two games EL could go to third.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I just looked it up, it Doesnt matter if BC losses or wins next week they have locked up the title with strength of schedule. BC has played 6 teams with a winning 50% or more of their games. SC and GC are tied at 5. So it looks like Grundy and Sequatchie are CCS fans. Also it looks to be shaping up a Grundy and Sequatchie first round rematch. The host as of right now would go all the way to the 6th tiebracker where Grundy gets a big boost for beating a 6 win team. So Seq travels to Grundy in the first round. In my honest opinion I think Seq and Grundy fans would perfer that, a very winnable game for both teams.

The way I just looked it up, it Doesnt matter if BC losses or wins next week they have locked up the title with strength of schedule. BC has played 6 teams with a winning 50% or more of their games. SC and GC are tied at 5. So it looks like Grundy and Sequatchie are CCS fans. Also it looks to be shaping up a Grundy and Sequatchie first round rematch. The host as of right now would go all the way to the 6th tiebracker where Grundy gets a big boost for beating a 6 win team. So Seq travels to Grundy in the first round. In my honest opinion I think Seq and Grundy fans would perfer that, a very winnable game for both teams.

Bledsoe has not locked up the district, they still have CCS to play. And Grundy isn't CCS fans, we would win that tiebreaker if CCS was to beat Bledsoe, since we beat them. I have a real problem if Grundy is seeded over us when they couldn't beat a poor Marion team and we did, but that's life.

I was saying if BC was to loose to rockwood but beat CCS they win the district. Thats why we are CCS fans. Also for playoff seeding Grundy would host if CCS beats BC. So yes they are CCS fans. Also bratt there is no more head to head so it doesnt matter if we beat Grundy or not.

Edited by DefMinded

I was saying if BC was to loose to rockwood but beat CCS they win the district. Thats why we are CCS fans. Also for playoff seeding Grundy would host if CCS beats BC. So yes they are CCS fans. Also bratt there is no more head to head so it doesnt matter if we beat Grundy or not.

I will admit this is complicated at best, but the way i understand the rules from TSSAA web site say different. This is part of the rules "If at any point when the following tiebreaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that

team shall be rated above the others". http://www.tssaa.org/handbook/football.pdf Now if I am misunderstanding this and I may very well be, I wish someone that truly knows would enlighten me.

Edited by bratt22

i hate to say it but ...... i told you so :roflol: !!!! i've been to many gc games, never have seen them that fired up before, during, and after the game. great game coaches,players and fans! :thumb:

Well they could use some more fans in the stands. For a team on a win streak and as big as last night's game the Grundy bleachers still had way too many empty seats. Hope some more come out and support the kids the rest of the way.

DL.

Well they could use some more fans in the stands. For a team on a win streak and as big as last night's game the Grundy bleachers still had way too many empty seats. Hope some more come out and support the kids the rest of the way.

DL.

I think Grundy has a great 4 years ahead! There Jr Jackets team has alot of great athletes coming up. :thumb: