CAK Vs Kingston

WarriorFan74

Sorry to hear about your kicker. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Good luck against the Jackets. Preston King is a hard runner.

We will "drop in" for some pudding next Friday.

See you then.

I'll pass along your well wishes to the family, I'm sure they will appreciate it. We better get use to the hard runners cuz we're going to see several of them from here on out. We'll be sure to save you some nanner pudding next week.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be great weather for a football game tonight (if the wind will lay down just a bit). Kingston should be a good challenge for the Warriors. Interested to see if CAK will come out rejuvenated after a much needed off week, or if we will be a bit out of sync. Also interested to see if the D will man up and stand toe to toe with the wingT. Go get'm Warriors!!!

Disclaimer: this is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. No insults intended, just for fun.

Real football weather has arrived in East TN and jackets & blankets will color the bleachers when Kingston & CAK clash tonight in Warrior Stadium. The Orangish Yellow Jackets will bring their wingT style of physical play to face off against a Warrior defense that has been very good at times and suspect at others. On the other side CAK's air attack has been impressive, but the run game has been very efficient as well when called upon. This could be a very interesting & entertaining game. Grab a cup of Joe and hang on.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK: 33 Kingston: 14

Disclaimer: this is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. No insults intended, just for fun.

Real football weather has arrived in East TN and jackets & blankets will color the bleachers when Kingston & CAK clash tonight in Warrior Stadium. The Orangish Yellow Jackets will bring their wingT style of physical play to face off against a Warrior defense that has been very good at times and suspect at others. On the other side CAK's air attack has been impressive, but the run game has been very efficient as well when called upon. This could be a very interesting & entertaining game. Grab a cup of Joe and hang on.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK: 33 Kingston: 14

Kingston's Band beats CAK's band by 21............... :ph34r:

I sure hope the d does man up the wing t poses a few problems but with the 5 guys that roll on the front line they should make some plays. One thing with a running team there is usually a double team which will leave one linebacker open to make a play. How is the health of the team anyone besides the kicker hurt or out? Another question is the kicker out of the hospital? Were praying for him to get back soon. Cak should win so here's hoping for a good and injury free game

Kingston's Band beats CAK's band by 21............... :ph34r:

truer words were never spoken. I was very impressed with that band.

I was not impressed with the CAK defense in the first half. Slant route killed us (not sure if that was the CB or the OLB fault) and the front 7 was getting pushed around. Offense wasnt great but they kept us in the game. 2nd half was a different story. the defense came to play with 2 picks and a ball jarring hit from the secondary and the front 7/8 played much better and basically shut down the kingston running game. Kingston scored late against the CAK 2's.

We'll hafta come out a little more loose and excited next game. It seems like we're sometimes, especially on defense, a little tight and almost scared to mess up.

Just a thought: the defense's best games have come in the pre-season, when it didnt really matter and they were just out there having fun and playing to prove themselves. Havnt played that way since, but they need to. They looked darn good then but havnt really been "themselves" since then. Any thoughts on what needs to happen to get the attitude back like it was? Or am I totally wrong?

truer words were never spoken. I was very impressed with that band.

I was not impressed with the CAK defense in the first half. Slant route killed us (not sure if that was the CB or the OLB fault) and the front 7 was getting pushed around. Offense wasnt great but they kept us in the game. 2nd half was a different story. the defense came to play with 2 picks and a ball jarring hit from the secondary and the front 7/8 played much better and basically shut down the kingston running game. Kingston scored late against the CAK 2's.

We'll hafta come out a little more loose and excited next game. It seems like we're sometimes, especially on defense, a little tight and almost scared to mess up.

Just a thought: the defense's best games have come in the pre-season, when it didnt really matter and they were just out there having fun and playing to prove themselves. Havnt played that way since, but they need to. They looked darn good then but havnt really been "themselves" since then. Any thoughts on what needs to happen to get the attitude back like it was? Or am I totally wrong?

I don't necessarily have any solutions to the question, but I think your observations are on target. Another thing I've noticed is that, on the first possession of every game, it seems our defense gives up a lot of yardage. They might ultimately stop the other team's offense short of a score, but the D always seems to give up a drive into its own territory on the first possession. It also seems the D usually plays better in the 2nd half, after "adjustments" are made perhaps? The run defense needs to get more consistent.