Bledsoe in the AP top ten……HOW?

automatic

Polk is probably the best of any in the two districts but 7-AA has at least 3 stronger than any of the rest in 5-AA. Chattanooga Christian, the likely #4 could also give them a run for their money, too.

I agree, and 6-AA is the strongest in the state. Not to change the subject,but this is why I hate the way we do the playoffs. To many of the best teams are gone by the second round because the best teams are playing each other.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As confusing as it can be, this latest attempt does make an effort to help that.

Anything further you'd have to pair teams from all over the state in the first round, say a Chattanooga Christian (example) being the #32 team and being shipped to a top-seeded Camden. (Yes, I know Alcoa would probably be 1, before anyone starts crying).

As confusing as it can be, this latest attempt does make an effort to help that.

Anything further you'd have to pair teams from all over the state in the first round, say a Chattanooga Christian (example) being the #32 team and being shipped to a top-seeded Camden. (Yes, I know Alcoa would probably be 1, before anyone starts crying).

I understand, but I wish that they could put in one simple rule being - district teams cannot face each other until the quarter finals, then have the final four go to Tech.

I agree, and 6-AA is the strongest in the state. Not to change the subject,but this is why I hate the way we do the playoffs. To many of the best teams are gone by the second round because the best teams are playing each other.

Sorry- but 6AA is not the strongest in the state. 10AA has 4-4A schools and has 5 of 7 teams that will make the playoffs with Top 10 4A Maplewood and David Lipscomb in the district.

CPA4Ever - I thought the same thing when I read it. 10AA is one of the best for sure. Region 4 is also tough.

I am looking at this from a 3-A prospective not 4-A. The 6AA includes Alcoa, CAK, Kingston, Scott Co., and Loudon. I can gaurantee that most of the bottom teams from this district could beat many of the #2 district teams from almost all the districts in the 3-A class. I was refering to Bledsoe being ranked. I feel most of the teams in this district could beat Bledsoe. Top 2 teams in this districts would beat Bledsoe with no problems. 3rd and 4th teams would be pretty good games with Bledsoe, but I still feel these bottom 6-AA teams would win.

I am looking at this from a 3-A prospective not 4-A. The 6AA includes Alcoa, CAK, Kingston, Scott Co., and Loudon. I can gaurantee that most of the bottom teams from this district could beat many of the #2 district teams from almost all the districts in the 3-A class. I was refering to Bledsoe being ranked. I feel most of the teams in this district could beat Bledsoe. Top 2 teams in this districts would beat Bledsoe with no problems. 3rd and 4th teams would be pretty good games with Bledsoe, but I still feel these bottom 6-AA teams would win.

Those teams are in District 4. I think that's why people are disagreeing with you. District 6 are all the Chattanooga teams; Howard, Tyner, etc.

Faith didn't want to play this year, so i'm sure Jason got who he could...and this schedule was made by Hubert before he was replaced with Jason.

Speaking of easy schedules...look at Signal Mountains schedule. Who have they played? WOW! :roflol: One team maybe and that is South Pitt. So don't always dis Bledsoe because other teams have easy schedules too. :thumb:

Since we both got such easy schedules and ain't very good, we might as well play each other.

Recon we might next year. Might even be in the same district.:thumb::shock:

And.....Signal Mountain could even come play some of you guys in the strong districts. smiley-cool05.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

Those teams are in District 4. I think that's why people are disagreeing with you. District 6 are all the Chattanooga teams; Howard, Tyner, etc.

You are correct, and I do apologize. With that being said is Howard not the top team in this district? Alcoa handled them pretty easy if I am not mistaken.

Listen, I am not on here trying to get people upset. I just see a major flaw in the whole system. I think that if the state would look at trying to pair 2 districts we would have the better teams in the playoffs in the latter rounds. I felt this same way when I think Sequatie(spelling?)County was district champs in their district and was beaten easily by McMinn Central who was the #2 team in 5-AA district. I watched as they went farther in the playoffs because of a much weaker region. I would like for the state to help recognize that some districts are much more competitive and give them an opportunity to advance deeper into the playoffs.

Example: District 5-AA vs. 4-AA first round region game taking the 4 top teams from each district

1vs.4, 2vs.3

Take the 4 winning teams from this game and play 4 winners from another region maybe district 1-AA and 2-AA. Take the highest seed from each of these games and pair them with the lowest. If both top teams from each district win, the 1 would vs. 2, you get the picture. Use the same system matching teams with another region. This would allow a stronger district not eliminating each other until the later rounds.

Last year Loudon County got the shaft, and trust me I am no Loudon fan. They finished 2nd or maybe even third in their district. Beat Polk Co., which were champs for their district, easily second round then had to play Alcoa which was in their district. CAK, who beat 2nd place team from 5-AA had to face their district foe Alcoa 2nd round so they got the shaft as well. I gaurantee Loudon and CAK last year would have beaten most anyone else in 3A besides Alcoa, yes I think they could have given Milan, state runner-up all they wanted.

I just want to see kids rewarded for being a better ball team than their finish shows.

Let me tie this into Bledsoe in the top ten. We will never know how good the Bledsoes are until we can change our system. I root for these communites such as Bledsoe and love to see their success. I love the community bond that comes with a good football season and all that and honor their efforts. I just hate the fact that so many schools get the shaft early in the playoffs from being in a strong district.

I would like for the state to help recognize that some districts are much more competitive and give them an opportunity to advance deeper into the playoffs.

Example: District 5-AA vs. 4-AA first round region game taking the 4 top teams from each district

1vs.4, 2vs.3

Take the 4 winning teams from this game and play 4 winners from another region maybe district 1-AA and 2-AA. Take the highest seed from each of these games and pair them with the lowest. If both top teams from each district win, the 1 would vs. 2, you get the picture. Use the same system matching teams with another region. This would allow a stronger district not eliminating each other until the later rounds.

There are currently 16 district and only half of them are composed of 4 or more 3A teams. TSSAA would have to re-restructure the districts (which needs to be done) for this system to work.

TSSAA has watered down the playoffs so much with the extra classification. There are 53 3A schools, 60% of those schools make it to the playoffs. IMO, that is way too many... TSSAA may as well cut the regular season down to 9 games and have 6 rounds of playoff football with all 53 teams competing.

Last year Loudon County got the shaft, and trust me I am no Loudon fan. They finished 2nd or maybe even third in their district. Beat Polk Co., which were champs for their district, easily second round then had to play Alcoa which was in their district. CAK, who beat 2nd place team from 5-AA had to face their district foe Alcoa 2nd round so they got the shaft as well. I gaurantee Loudon and CAK last year would have beaten most anyone else in 3A besides Alcoa, yes I think they could have given Milan, state runner-up all they wanted.

Loudon finished 3rd in their district last year with Alcoa 1st, CAK 2nd, and Kingston 4th. In the old region system, there were 8 regions statewide and the top 4 teams from Region 1 faced the top 4 teams from Region 2. If the top 3 teams of Region 1 are better than all the teams of Region 2, then #1 and #3 of Region 1 would face in the second round… and the winner of that game would face #2 of Region 1 in the third round. When you have a tough region/district somebody is going to get put out early. Everybody can’t make it to the semifinals unless all 32 teams were seeded without regard to geographic location.