South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

First of all this powerp guy is probably not affiliated with the football team at all.

BigSwo, why do you say such bizarre things? Those teams in west Tennesseee like Gleason, Bruceton, West Carroll, Lake County, South Fulton, are GOOD? Are you kidding? South Pitt got beat by a GOOD 3A team. Period! BTW, South Pittsburg only has a handful on seniors as well. They are primarily juniors and sophomores.

Middle of road 3A team? :roflol::roflol: Past Tiger you are funny. Will Polk County win it all in 3A? NO they won't. They would have to play Alcoa before that happened. They would however be considered a top TEN 3A team. Middle of the road would put them around 30th. You make yourself sound bad with comments like that one.

I will tell you that Lake Co has got a real solid football team. The falcons will make some noise come playoff time.Lake Co is quietly flying under the radar and will be a tough out against any team they face. By the way Lake Co is 1 and 1 against the mighty pirates.

I garuntee you I tried to tell Howie that those Polk boys were real good. I had read about them in my Murphy Fair book. PowerP, Howie, and others needs to respect some of these teams like Gordonsville and Copper Basin. I have read about them in my book and they are real good too. Grider better get our boys strong for the playoffs or we will go home the first round. That was a bunch of mess last night. Polk was knocking holes in our line every play. I garuntee you that you better read about these Copper boys and Gordonsville before we play them. They are just as good as us. You think im joking but im not.

Does SP have a strength and conditioning program?

You are right uncle! We wont be in the hunt this year . We only have 3 seniors on the team. We will be playing for it all again in a year or 2.but If we played the cupcakes yall play (in your district that is) we would be In the middle of it again. Its MAN SIZED FOOTBALL.

SP is very young this year...I think 7 or 8 seniors...and a senior quarterback that is playing well even though this is his first year as a starter. He had an off night but what player does not during the season. SP can not help who is in their region, it is not like we dictated to TSSAA who we wanted in our region. Just notice that we are not afraid to play bigger, established programs. We have two loses against the #1 team in 2A and a good 3A team....nothing to be ashamed of at all. Can I ask who Union City has lost to this year?

MAN SIZED is playing for a state title in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s...with 4 state titles to show for the efforts while being one of the smallest schools in Tennessee.

Edited by UncleDave
  • Upvote 1

i think gordonsville beats sp.

Thats your opinion and everyone is entitled to one..like I said I think SP will get em I have seen all I needed...we will see in 3-4 weeks though..scoreboard don't lie...that may not be a good crowd game though because that is possibly the week TC and Signal would play...all depends on the scenario of course

Edited by powerp

Thats your opinion and everyone is entitled to one..like I said I think SP will get em I have seen all I needed...we will see in 3-4 weeks though..scoreboard don't lie...that may not be a good crowd game though because that is possibly the week TC and Signal would play...all depends on the scenario of course

was it the watertown game you said you went to? so tell us, what did you see? break that game down for us if you please.

I want to congratulate PC on a great victory. Your team know's how to play football the tough way. I like that you all play old tough,hard nosed football like it's suppose to be played. Frankly our boy's were outmanned,outcoached,out hustled,out spirited and if there's anything I left out that also. I as a alumni of SP want to appologize to you PC fan's for us not bringing our A game to a highly talked about game. I know we were better than last night but when you hit our boy's in the mouth they layed down,not all of them but quite a few. I wish it wasn't so far away bc I would like to come see a hardnosed football team like your's in the playoff's. You have a chance to go along way if you play the rest of the season like you did against SP. Goodluck from here on out. This is one SP fan that will be rooting for you all. By the way,you all have a great stadium!!!