White House (4-4) AT Springfield (6-2)

BDP2003

Mr. Rock..you sir make little sense...your Blue Devils have beaten the following;

Portland Panthers 0-7/0-5

Westmoreland Eagles 1-7/1-3

Station Camp Bison 1-7/1-4

Macon County Tigers 3-5/1-3

Your Devils have been beaten by the following;

Greenbrier Bobcats 6-3/3-1

Beech Buccaneers 7-1/5-0

Goodpasture Cougars 7-1/3-0

Smith County Owls 8-1/4-0

White House has beaten teams with a combined record of 5 wins and 26 losses...and have not beaten a single team with a winning record...(yes, the Devils had a "good showing" against Goodpasture losing on Thursday Night Lights)..Springfield will have the speed of Beech and the physical nature of Goodpasture...not saying they would beat either head to head...not saying they wouldn't...however, your Blue Devils have a steep hill to climb if they expect to upset the Jackets in Springfield this week! Springfield is deep..fast..physical..and play fairly solid defense while extremely explosive when they have the ball!...the only thing that haunts the Yellowjackets is they like to hit after the whistle..which often extends drives of their opponent putting the Springfield defense in impossible situations even after big stops! I suspect in a "rivalry game"..this might happen often..but I can see where companied with the atmosphere of the Springfield homers..and the dangerous offense of the Jackets..it's gonna be a long night for the Blue Devils!

Thanks for your schedule breakdown on WH. Now, let's talk about the Yellow Jackets. White House's opponents have combined to win 33 games, as you have shown us. According to you, you are saying that the Jackets have played a tougher schedule because of the 4 WH wins have been over teams with 5 total wins. However, if my math is correct, Springfield opponents have combined to win 30, which is less than WH. Last time I checked, 33 is more than 30. WH has played three teams that are ranked in the State Top 10, Springfield with two I think, HC and DC, but I'm not for certain. Springfield did beat a good Greenbrier team but they just lost to a winless Westmoreland until Friday. Yes, Springfield has more wins than WH, 6-4, but the schedules just don't even out. Bottomline though, WH needs to win Friday and all is solved, LOL!

It's going to be a great game! Next time when you wanna point out weak opponents of WH or their combined wins, be sure you do the homework on your own team first.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your schedule breakdown on WH. Now, let's talk about the Yellow Jackets. White House's opponents have combined to win 33 games, as you have shown us. According to you, you are saying that the Jackets have played a tougher schedule because of the 4 WH wins have been over teams with 5 total wins. However, if my math is correct, Springfield opponents have combined to win 30, which is less than WH. Last time I checked, 33 is more than 30. WH has played three teams that are ranked in the State Top 10, Springfield with two I think, HC and DC, but I'm not for certain. Springfield did beat a good Greenbrier team but they just lost to a winless Westmoreland until Friday. Yes, Springfield has more wins than WH, 6-4, but the schedules just don't even out. Bottomline though, WH needs to win Friday and all is solved, LOL!

It's going to be a great game! Next time when you wanna point out weak opponents of WH or their combined wins, be sure you do the homework on your own team first.

First..my homework is complete...the Yellowjackets are 2-2 versus the 4 best teams in District 10-AAA..plus a win over Greenbrier..a team that your Blue Devils couldn't overcome!!..also..close losses (which are still losses) to Henry County and Dickson County were highly contested while 2 wins over Clarksville High and Clarksville Northeast are quality wins..I can assure you that while the Blue Devils could play with the Wildcats..they want no part of the Northeast Eagles regardless of how close you played Goodpasture. Springfield is playing for a 4..possibly a 3 seed in the 5-A playoff bracket. At the end of the day..you are 4-4...average...Springfield is 6-2/5-2 and will not lose a non-district game this season!

Secondly..Springfield is not "my own team" as you put it BUT..I'm very impressed with the way they have improved not just on the field..but the attitude about becoming a viable program over the long term thus strengthening District 10-AAA in the process. The Yellowjackets are nobody's door mat...and won't be for some time!

Lastly..before "beating my chest" about the "history of this rivalry" then prodicting a beatdown of Springfield...it might be wise to assess your own team's acomplishments and talent then compare them logically to Springfield's....I highly doubt you'll fine any situation where White House "puts it to" Springfield this week...and I bet your coaches know this!

Edited by QBClubPrez

First..my homework is complete...the Yellowjackets are 2-2 versus the 4 best teams in District 10-AAA..plus a win over Greenbrier..a team that your Blue Devils couldn't overcome!!..also..close losses (which are still losses) to Henry County and Dickson County were highly contested while 2 wins over Clarksville High and Clarksville Northeast are quality wins..I can assure you that while the Blue Devils could play with the Wildcats..they want no part of the Northeast Eagles regardless of how close you played Goodpasture. Springfield is playing for a 4..possibly a 3 seed in the 5-AAA playoff bracket. At the end of the day..you are 4-4...average...Springfield is 6-2/5-2 and will not lose a non-district game this season!

Secondly..Springfield is not "my own team" as you put it BUT..I'm very impressed with the way they have improved not just on the field..but the attitude about becoming a viable program over the long term thus strengthening District 10-AAA in the process. The Yellowjackets are nobody's door mat...and won't be for some time!

Lastly..before "beating my chest" about the "history of this rivalry" then prodicting a beatdown of Springfield...it might be wise to assess your own team's acomplishments and talent then compare them logically to Springfield's....I highly doubt you'll fine any situation where White House "puts it to" Springfield this week...and I bet your coaches know this!

If you add up the win totals of the teams that Springlfield BEAT they are as follows

Greenbrier 6 wins (shut out win by SHS)

Clarksville NE 4 wins

Clarksville 3 wins

Rossview 2 wins (6-A school)

Kenwood 3 wins (one less win than White House has)

Clarksville NW winless

Totaling 18 wins versus 5 wins for the teams White House defeated.

First..my homework is complete...the Yellowjackets are 2-2 versus the 4 best teams in District 10-AAA..plus a win over Greenbrier..a team that your Blue Devils couldn't overcome!!..also..close losses (which are still losses) to Henry County and Dickson County were highly contested while 2 wins over Clarksville High and Clarksville Northeast are quality wins..I can assure you that while the Blue Devils could play with the Wildcats..they want no part of the Northeast Eagles regardless of how close you played Goodpasture. Springfield is playing for a 4..possibly a 3 seed in the 5-AAA playoff bracket. At the end of the day..you are 4-4...average...Springfield is 6-2/5-2 and will not lose a non-district game this season!

Pretty sure I didn't PROdict a beatdown nor did I predict a beatdown of WH over Springfield. I don't see 28-17 as a beatdown. I also said in a previous post on the thread that Springfield has more speed and talent than WH but I believe this game means more to WH than the Jackets because the Devils aren't guaranteed a playoff spot yet. WH will be the more disciplined football team and will be poised for the upset on the road. I'm sticking with my so called beatdown prediction and hopefully I am right.

If you add up the win totals of the teams that Springlfield BEAT they are as follows

Clarksville NE 4 wins

Clarksville 3 wins

Clarksville NW winless

Correct but Prez and myself were looking at the schedule as a whole. Our 5 will jump to 11 after Friday night.

Correct but Prez and myself were looking at the schedule as a whole. Our 5 will jump to 11 after Friday night.

That might be a little wishful thinking on your part. And to quote you from an earlier post even if your win total does jump to 11 Springfield's win total will still be 18. In Robertson County, 18 is greater than 11.

Edited by TheCommissioner

That might be a little wishful thinking on your part. And to quote you from an earlier post even if your win total does jump to 11 Springfield's win total will still be 18. In Robertson County, 18 is greater than 11.

Commish...are you planning on attending a game on Thursday AND Friday night??????hint..hint...

Commish...are you planning on attending a game on Thursday AND Friday night??????hint..hint...

My Mother just had knee replacement surgery so I better stay close to home: BUT, I would love to be in Dickson Thursday night. This game will be a High School Football Fan's dream match-up. I look for this to be a pretty low scoring game with each team using their ground game to eat up the clock and get the upper hand. I will be glued to the TV set.

Clarksville NE 4 wins

Clarksville 3 wins

Clarksville NW winless

you beating greenbrier isn't very impressive which leaves you with two other teams on your schedule with winning records to white house's 5 and station camp which is a good team stuck in a very tough district. i would say white house has had a much tougher schedule.

you beating greenbrier isn't very impressive which leaves you with two other teams on your schedule with winning records to white house's 5 and station camp which is a good team stuck in a very tough district. i would say white house has had a much tougher schedule.

Funny how our beating Greenbrier isn't an impressive win; BUT, you losing to Greenbrier is an impressive LOSS. There goes that Sumner County logic again or should I say illogic.

Edited by TheCommissioner

Funny how our beating Greenbrier isn't an impressive win; BUT, you losing to Greenbrier is an impressive LOSS. There goes that Sumner County logic again or should I say illogic.

No one said it was an impressive loss? So I have no clue where logic has anything to do with any of that.