HV @ HAMPTON

BDF36

A man has to do whats best for his kids. i am kinda in a similar situation. i went to cloudland and love the school dearly. because of the way my job and my wifes job it has always been easier for us to take our kids to avery county to school. i want my boy to go to cloudland but i have decided to leave it up to him and he is not completely sure which he wants. he is an 8th grader and i have told him he has to decide by the start of his freshman year but i dont want to make him go to one that he dosent want to go to. he says he will go to cloudland but carter county high school games, and mostly only cloudland, are all i take him to so that may be why he says that. but if i thought his decision was a mistake i would make the choice for him but i dont see either decision as a mistake.

I know bunches of these kids at Avery Co,coached lots of them and played againt the others,If they do things right over there,good times could be in their future. Little Jerry could blend in at any of thes schools, He's played with kids from Elizabethton ,Hampton Avery Co and several teams in western NC Got friends all over the place.Another thing to me is baseball.Like him to have a chance to play where they have a good program. Not sure who you are ,but I bet I know you're son. Good luck with whatever desision you make. Only got 1 chance.

I know bunches of these kids at Avery Co,coached lots of them and played againt the others,If they do things right over there,good times could be in their future. Little Jerry could blend in at any of thes schools, He's played with kids from Elizabethton ,Hampton Avery Co and several teams in western NC Got friends all over the place.Another thing to me is baseball.Like him to have a chance to play where they have a good program. Not sure who you are ,but I bet I know you're son. Good luck with whatever desision you make. Only got 1 chance.

yeah little jerry played baseball with my kid one year at avery county. the 8th grade group in avery county is more basketball oriented and are very good at basketball. my son has always been small but has now hit his growth spurt and it has really helped him. he generally started in football even as the lower grader but not always on a good team. the thing that really hurts avery most in high school is the coaching the kids get before they get there. good people just not good coaches. they do not teach blocking and tackling very well. they only work on plays in practice and stop plays in practice at the first touch. thats what i like about the cloudland 8th grade group, very few missed tackles and fundamentaly strong.

I seen cloudland play HV.And i seen hampton play unaka one thing is hampton will have to throw it to stay in it.Hv is big up front and they are the fastes line i have seen there lb are very good.cloudland couldnt throw on them so they just out numberd us up front and sent the house and we couldnt move it on them.I will be at the game but aint pulling for either team.just hope no one gets hurt in this one and both teams play hard.but HV just is to good in my eyes they looked to good for cloudland and thats even hard for me to man up and say about my landers.HV by 3 TD 14 to 35 but if hv dont show up it could be a nail biter.

Happy Valley is a good team, but their not the monsters Cloudland made them out to be.Hampton can play with um, just got to play to their potential. It'll be a game. I always check stats from all these games and things are not always what they appear. The one thing I really like is the way Hampton played the other night,don't expect to see that again. These boys will be ready.

yeah little jerry played baseball with my kid one year at avery county. the 8th grade group in avery county is more basketball oriented and are very good at basketball. my son has always been small but has now hit his growth spurt and it has really helped him. he generally started in football even as the lower grader but not always on a good team. the thing that really hurts avery most in high school is the coaching the kids get before they get there. good people just not good coaches. they do not teach blocking and tackling very well. they only work on plays in practice and stop plays in practice at the first touch. thats what i like about the cloudland 8th grade group, very few missed tackles and fundamentaly strong.

Their youth club and even Jr High football is pretty much a joke. I agree, they don't teach them to be physical.

I do think I've figured out who you are,good luck to you're son. I think he would like Cloudland.

I seen cloudland play HV.And i seen hampton play unaka one thing is hampton will have to throw it to stay in it.Hv is big up front and they are the fastes line i have seen there lb are very good.cloudland couldnt throw on them so they just out numberd us up front and sent the house and we couldnt move it on them.I will be at the game but aint pulling for either team.just hope no one gets hurt in this one and both teams play hard.but HV just is to good in my eyes they looked to good for cloudland and thats even hard for me to man up and say about my landers.HV by 3 TD 14 to 35 but if hv dont show up it could be a nail biter.

muddog, The performance at Unaka was very much sub-par for Hampton....and was a good wake-up call for Hampton to get ready for the remainder of the season. The DOGS will be ready for HV....I will respectfully disagree with your projection for this game...I dont believe there is a team in the area thats 'three' touchdowns better than Hampton. If the DOGS come to play and HV brings their game, it will be a close one with Hampton getting the 'W'.... :thumb:

muddog, The performance at Unaka was very much sub-par for Hampton....and was a good wake-up call for Hampton to get ready for the remainder of the season. The DOGS will be ready for HV....I will respectfully disagree with your projection for this game...I dont believe there is a team in the area thats 'three' touchdowns better than Hampton. If the DOGS come to play and HV brings their game, it will be a close one with Hampton getting the 'W'.... :thumb:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but there are a couple of teams that are three touchdowns bettre than hampton. There are some pretty good teams in this area. I do think hampton will give them a fight but HV will win this one. Prob by three TDs I hate to see it though cause I hate HV with a passion. Always have and always will. But anyways good luck Fri hope you guys do prove me wrong.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but there are a couple of teams that are three touchdowns bettre than hampton. There are some pretty good teams in this area. I do think hampton will give them a fight but HV will win this one. Prob by three TDs I hate to see it though cause I hate HV with a passion. Always have and always will. But anyways good luck Fri hope you guys do prove me wrong.

You very well might be right...but I will have to see it to believe it. IF Hampton's on their game, (playing every down), with Lunceford on our sideline I feel good about our chances....We will play a our game and IF we fall short, it will be less than 7 points...May I ask what other team you feel is three touchdowns better than Hampton? And do you see this because of Hampton's depth or what?

You very well might be right...but I will have to see it to believe it. IF Hampton's on their game, (playing every down), with Lunceford on our sideline I feel good about our chances....We will play a our game and IF we fall short, it will be less than 7 points...May I ask what other team you feel is three touchdowns better than Hampton? And do you see this because of Hampton's depth or what?

DB and Greenville, both look pretty strong to me.Glad neither is on our schedule.

If both teams play the best they can,either team could win. Happy Valley would have to be the favorite, but they won't have alot of room for era. Turnovers ,penalties and field position will probably be the difference in this game.If Hampton will play like WARRIORS,, they will have a chance.

Well, I didnt consider them "area" teams....I was speaking more in the line of our reg schedule and/or other Carter Co teams!!! :D If we are including such power houses as those, then I agree! My bad -_-

NET is usually considered area teams. But I understand where you are coming from.