Tornadoes travel to Falcon Country

JungleJim125

Lake County is good but not that good. They can score and have speed but their defense isn't THAT good. If your defense is good...you do not allow 40 points with a 60 point win. Make Sense??

I was most impressed by their QB. He can throw, fast and quick. They are good..do not get me wrong but I really don't think they can handle a Wayne Co. or South Pitt type team!!

Good luck Falcons....

I agree with you but I think all Falcon fans know that. It is obvious and if anybody is saying otherwise then they are either being facetious or not playing with a full deck. I haven't seen any Falcon fans talking about bringing home the Gold ball but I am loving the improvement. That is all that I am asking for.If we keep stability at coaching especially with the coach we have now I think we will be alright. I guess we will have just do our best outscoring the teams we play. I will take a win anyway we can get it. I have been through an 0-10 season. It is only up from there. Thanks for wishing us good luck...we will probably need it...pride ain't in my vocabulary.....you know it goeth before a fall. One step at a time.....................

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Union City football team having 60 points put on it by another 1A team is ridiculous...That's no disrespect to Lake County...It was ridiculous back in 2005 for Trousdale to put 52 on them in the state championship game...Again, no disrespect to Trousdale....

Union City's players need to suck it up and take pride in that uniform they are wearing...Sometimes kids take it for granted all the things they have...That stuff was paid for by a long line of Union City player's desire, determination, dedication, blood, sweat and tears....Hopefully Coach Bowling can impress on his team's noggins what it means to put that uniform on this week and they come out and play more like Tornadoes...I told a close friend of mine last night that this loss wasn't as embarrassing as the Gleason loss back in Jimmy Fishel's last season but the fact they had 60 put on them is pretty close...

Again, Falcon fans don't take this post personal...It's not about you...It's all about Union City...For UC fans don't get all hot under the collar...If you played for Union City you know what I'm talking about...You just have to tip your cap to the Falcons..Their kids came out and took care of business and took the Purple and Gold to the woodshed..No excuses...This was Week 9...There are no more young guys...The "young guys" have 9 games under their belts plus all the scrimmages and all the practices...Step up now...I hope someone took a picture of that scoreboard and frames it and presents it to the team so they can display it in the weight room and use it for motivation to get better and work harder...

Great post!

You pieced it together pretty well..Union City scored very quick and Sam Hays threw an interception that Union City eventually scored on..I believe it was 13-0 in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the game.I thought Bowling from Union city hurt us about all night.Lake Co seemed to stop Union City when it was 3 and 2..4th and 2..actually had a big stop late that for sure sealed the win when Union City went for it on about a 4th and 3..Missed by inches..But the most disaapointing thing was Union City made several 1st downs to keep drives alive when facing 3rd and 12 and 3rd and 15..Once Ricky Boyd got past the line in the secondary..it was all over..And he liked to have scored a couple more times but 1 person would seem to have the angle.Sam Hays played well..had an interception and a fumble that stopped a Falcon drive..The interception was a break braker for Union City at that time..But ..Union City had nobody that could cover Cris Mills and Rafhael Tyler..Lake Co hit Tyler with a pass out in the flat and I told my McKenzie buddies..look at the Union City defender..Tyler is going to burn him in the next few plays..About 4 plays later it happened..I also told them later in the game that Tyler had the slant..Boom..a slant for a touchdown..On one play Lake Co split Bledsoe out wide with Tyler on the inside..The Union City defenders didnt know which player to put on who and had #52 on Tyler..Tyler was 10 yards past the Union City secondary ..would have been an easy touchdown but Sam didn't see him..Too many weapons for Lake Co with Sam running the ball himself and throwing the ball..Also having to cover Rafhael Tyler,Cris Mills and Bledsoe..Plus that opens it up for Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones.Ricky Boyd was hurt earlier in the year with an ankle sprain but you could see the speed he had once he hit the secondary.He pulled away from the Union City backs.!Boyd scored on two long runs..Once about 75 yards and the other about 60..

Dang bigster, you're amped up over the game a little aren't you!!! LOL It was a lot of fun to come over with Butchie last night and meet up with you again and a bunch more CoachT'ers. It would have been good if some of the UC posters could have come to the concession stand to meet some of us at the half. I even saw a couple of UC fans at "The Pit" when we stopped to eat before the game. UC is a WIP and will come around in time but, need to work more on the passing aspect of the game on both sides of the ball. Lake Co. has some awsome athletes and it really showed out last night. Congrats Falcons on a big win and good luck in the playoffs!!!

The Falcons showed great balance in their attack offensively and that is what you need to go deep in the playoffs but, the D could present problems unless they come together and turn their part of the game around. It's never too late as long as they are still in the hunt. They need to first learn how to stop a right handed offensive run game. I have no clue why UC moved away from that in the late first half and all the second half pretty much.

Anyway, I'm glad we came to the game. It was fun and always like visiting Lake Co. Ya'll come see us sometime and bring Granny bigster!!!! You can leave the deet at home!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Lake County is good but not that good. They can score and have speed but their defense isn't THAT good. If your defense is good...you do not allow 40 points with a 60 point win. Make Sense??

I was most impressed by their QB. He can throw, fast and quick. They are good..do not get me wrong but I really don't think they can handle a Wayne Co. or South Pitt type team!!

Good luck Falcons....

Like Speller said in his posts..Most of us at Lake Co know the defense gives up yardage.As for the 40 points..that's just the second game that Lake Co has given up 40 points.Humboldt was in the 30's and that was overtime.Trenton had 31..Probably not a whole lot of Single a teams any better than those two.Also..Union City has been saying nobody could stop the Veer..So was anyone counting on Lake Co to not give up points?Also..Union City scored the last touchdown with about a minute and 30 seconds left in the game.Was it against the subs?Lake Co has another starter on the line that moved back from Dyer Co.He may help plug a hole and maybe be able to move someone else or others around.Also ..Lake Co only has 4 seniors.The running back that scored the two long touchdowns is a junior..Lake Co's best receiver,Rafhael Tyler is a junior..Devon Jones,a 6'3 speedster that scored another touchdown is a sophomore.So all or a lot of the offensive weapons will be back..And Lake Co middle probably has the beat player in a long time there that plays linebacker and a running back.But back to the defense.A lot of teams may not have the running game that Union City and Humboldt have.There are maybe some Single A teams.But still..Lake Co scored 60 points on Union City and Lake Co isnt very good..They have played a weak schedule.That's all we heard from a lot of the Union City fans.But Lake Co beat Trenton,a team that beat Union City.Could have beaten Humboldt,a team that beat Union City.Yes..they have played some weak teams..But the thread was about defense.You want to talk about defense..Well..what do you think Union City's chances are if they make the playoffs?How do you think they would do against Wayne Co.or Jo Byrnes?For real..You want to talk about defense and Union City gave up 60 points.!Trigg Co didn't do that..Obion Central didnt do that..Trinity didnt do that.Humboldt didnt do that..Union City let a Single A ..supposedely weak team put 60 points on the borad..And you want to talk about defense..lol

Bigster, the final score was against the subs and the Union City offense was held to 6 points in the decisive third quarter with a couple of big 4th down stops when LC basically put the game away. Game over lets move to Greenfield and the Falcons go for win 8. Hate to look back but LC is a blocked PAT vs Humbolt and a defensive stop against S. Fulton from being undefeated. This team has played hard everygame and had an opportunity to win in the 4th quarter of everygame. That is all you can ask from ANY team. Keep working hard and good things will come your way LC!!

Bigster, the final score was against the subs and the Union City offense was held to 6 points in the decisive third quarter with a couple of big 4th down stops when LC basically put the game away. Game over lets move to Greenfield and the Falcons go for win 8. Hate to look back but LC is a blocked PAT vs Humbolt and a defensive stop against S. Fulton from being undefeated. This team has played hard everygame and had an opportunity to win in the 4th quarter of everygame. That is all you can ask from ANY team. Keep working hard and good things will come your way LC!!

Hey Dawg, dont explain your muddle huddle aka swinging gate, because obviously they havnt been at all the games! we have scored several times on quick snaps with the D sleeping! :thumb:

Good luck Falcons....

Shhhhhh.......I hear something??? oh thats the keys UCs gym :roflol:

Good luck Falcons....

Lake County needs work on their defense i agree but so does alot of teams in this area! Wayne County has a good football team. Wayne County has played a pretty tough schedule. Lake County is playing pretty well right coming off a win against Peabody. Which just whipped a good South Fulton team which beat Lake County how i don't know! No disrespect to South Fulton! But my way of thinking is Lake County has alot of speed! Speed can make up for alot of things in the game of football! South Pitt is South Pitt year in and out no doubt always good! But i may be wrong but i think LC can play with Wayne County and the speed of the Falcons can carry them a long way! Falcons also have the athletes at the skilled positions! I'm not saying Lake County will just waltz into Cookville. I'm not saying they will even get there but their chances are as good as anyone i have seen played! Good Luck to the Falcons! :thumb:

Lake County needs work on their defense i agree but so does alot of teams in this area! Wayne County has a good football team. Wayne County has played a pretty tough schedule. Lake County is playing pretty well right coming off a win against Peabody. Which just whipped a good South Fulton team which beat Lake County how i don't know! No disrespect to South Fulton! But my way of thinking is Lake County has alot of speed! Speed can make up for alot of things in the game of football! South Pitt is South Pitt year in and out no doubt always good! But i may be wrong but i think LC can play with Wayne County and the speed of the Falcons can carry them a long way! Falcons also have the athletes at the skilled positions! I'm not saying Lake County will just waltz into Cookville. I'm not saying they will even get there but their chances are as good as anyone i have seen played! Good Luck to the Falcons! :thumb:

I agree totally. :thumb:

You're right Zebra.A lot of people questioned Lake Co as weak.But weak or not.they've beaten or had a real chance of beating everyone on their schedule.And Lake Co has been on the field with Humboldt,Trenton etc that have been on the field with Milan,McKenzie etc..Humboldt played McKenzie pretty tough and McKenzie played Camden tough.So..Lake Co wasnt run off the field.And I dont think any of the Single A teams will be much better than any of those teams.Last time I looked,Humboldt was ranked and so was McKenzie and Camden.Union City scrimmaged Wayne Co but was abruptly ended.So..if I remember correctly,Wayne Co was ahead at the time but a lot of the Union City people thought the Tornadoes were better.Funny how Union City can say we're weak..we cant beat Wayne Co but yet Lake Co beat Trenton,played Humboldt as tough as any Single A team and our defense is so bad but yet Union City has given up at least 20 points a game in all their games and 60 points against Lake Co..But ..I believe they still think they could beat Wayne Co if they played.!And they might could.Sometimes it's about matchups.!

I'm also a believe in weather conditions.Lake Co is more of a finesse team so if the weather is 20 degrees,dont think we are the same team.This may just be my thinking..If the weather had ben cold.I think it would have played into Union City's hand..We dont have the physical backs..more of the kind of backs that have to get past the line of scrimmage.May not be able to throw a ball in the cold as well..fingers numb..fumbling..I know it'll be cold on both sides..but think it's a disadvantage to Lake Co and their speed and weapons.