AP POLL Oct. 18 1a/2a

BDF36

Croz. This SP team isnt the greatest, but is in NO WAY similiar to that garbage 2006 team they had. That team QUIT on the season after they lost one game that year. South Pittsburg is ALOT more talented this season than in 2006 as well. Gordonsville was good in 2006 and got SP pretty good. In 2007 Gordonsville was even better, but SP won the game. That 2006 SP team is one of my least favorite of ALL TIME because they could have been so much better.

Lol I hope people think this years team is like the 2006 team!!! That team was pitiful!! TrainTracks says to have that much talent and to just lay down and take it and quit literally after the Temple game shows a lack of maturity and leadership...That team had zero heart and desire and didn't deserve to represent SP....Grider should have just forfeited the rest of the season that year after Temple....To their credit they righted the ship in 07 but man there were some losers on that team...TrainTracks wouldve lost the farm in 07 just because of how pathetic that team was....Biggest underachievers in school history....This team is def not the 06 team and has plenty of fight in them....lol hope everyone thinks like that though

I was mainly referring to the youth of the 2006 SP team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it basically the same players on the 07 team?

I think we're better than our 07 team, I think we're a little tougher.

I remember your 06 team had athletes all over the field, and I thought we were going to get killed after watching ya'll warm up, but you're right, they quit when they got down. There was no reason athletically for us to beat ya'll that night, but discipline and heart won out.

You are correct. It was much the same team. The grew up over the summer and the lines spent a lot of time in the weight room. Also, a couple of assistant coaching legends came out of retirement and helped them out, Coaches Baxter and Hale.

All of Gville's coaches graduated from Gville, so I wouldn't say they're Lebanon's holdovers. The Offensive Coordinator took Gville to the state game twice, winning one, before he ever coached at Lebanon.

As far as SP being superior, the same thing was said in 06, and I feel these teams are similar to the teams then.

Either way, we won't know til November.

One thing I'll say about the 2009 and this years Pirates, they don't quit.

This is what the new poll should look like.

Class 1A Record Pts Prv

1. Jo Byrns (15) 9-0 188 2

1. Perry County (7) 8-1 169 3

3. Gordonsville 7-2 119 5

3. Wayne County 8-1 111 6

5. South Pittsburg (1) 7-2 202

6. Copper Basin (1) 8-0 145 4

7. Greenback 7-2 71 7

8. Nashville Christian School 6-1 65 8

9. Lake County 7-2 43 9

10. Coalfield 8-1 19 NR

This is what the new poll should look like.

Class 1A Record Pts Prv

1. Jo Byrns (15) 9-0 188 2

1. Perry County (7) 8-1 169 3

3. Gordonsville 7-2 119 5

3. Wayne County 8-1 111 6

5. South Pittsburg (1) 7-2 202

6. Copper Basin (1) 8-0 145 4

7. Greenback 7-2 71 7

8. Nashville Christian School 6-1 65 8

9. Lake County 7-2 43 9

10. Coalfield 8-1 19 NR

This is how it should look

1. Jo Burns

2. Perry County

3. Wayne County

4. Nashville Christian

5. Copper Bassin

6. Gordonsville

7. South Pit

8. Greenback

9. Lake County

10. Coalfield

Im sure Sunbright would have been ranked around 7 or 8 if it wouldnt had been for oleTiger, his attitude and mouth

really killed them on the rank table, its so bad even the real Sunbright fans dont like him.

subright should not be close to 10 in the state i mean heck who do they play that is of the same caliber as trousdale gordonsville south pitt i mean who do theyy play ? personally i dont seem them that high in the state they will get beat 1st round maybe make it to 2nd no further i belive they should level out some teams schedules make were everyone play bout the same difficulty schedule

Sorry buddy but NC is not as good as SP nor GV regardless of the 2 losses.....

The only loss NCS has is to Hillwood (by only 1 point,) a 5A school who has won 3 or 4 games against 5 and 6A schools. NCS out played them the whole game, they went for a 2 point conversion instead of kicking the extra point trying to win the game. If I am right, and I do believe I am South Pit just got beat 42-7 against a 3A school.