Cheatham @ Waverly

howdoitknow

Both teams are coming off a loos but I believe Waverly has the advantage going in. If Cheatham can look past the injury and play some smash mouth football like we know they can, it will make the game more interesting. Good luck to both teams.

Even with the injury to potts cheatham county comes out ahead in this one.waverly will not match cheatham countys intesity level.espically since SC killed there playoff hopes last friday.cheatham needs this win lookin at there disrict standings

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's got real sad here the sc. game was a trash of the tssaa officials and fines will be sent out to wqmv..

would you waverly fans let that dang Stewart county game go.my goodness refs were bad but nothin was givin 2 SC.there defense took care of buisness all night.and #20(clayton eaton)33 carries on 41 snaps come on thats all the tigers had 2 do was shut him down.not 2 mention SC with out startin running back and starting qb comin away with W

This week's contest can be heard (audio) and viewed (video) both through WQSV AM790 and iHigh by visiting the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page and clicking on the link titled "Cubs Friday Night" under the Main Menu.

I'm very glad that we've had so many fans tuning in to get the scoop on Cubs Football every Friday night and I hope that the trend continues this week :thumb:

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey TSSAAFBALLFAN im pretty sure tonythetiger is not talking about the game. More like the way the Wqmv1060 radio station was bashing the refs the whole game. Yes your exactly right all they had to do was shut #20 down. But obviously they could not, if im wrong tonythetiger let me know. Im almost positive though your talking about the crying everyone heard on the radio station wqmv1060. And yes i also heard something about a fine going out to that station soon.

it's got real sad here the sc. game was a trash of the tssaa officials and fines will be sent out to wqmv..

First of all, you show your intelligence by the fines thing. They can't do that, it is a broadcast and opinions are given. Second, you are the one who trashes the football coaching staff at Waverly. A very good coaching staff might I add. Coach Graves and his staff are very good at what they do. And for all of you who don't want to listen, don't listen. I know there are plenty who want to. In fact two years ago I gave it up until I was begged to come back by a large majority of fans and by Coach Graves himself. So please you and this fake ccubs8 go cry somewhere else. I know for a fact he isn't from Cheatham Co. What you guys are trying to do is tear down a program.

I so enjoy HS Football. This is High School football, and a great game it is. We all know that mistakes are made by the officials, by coaches and by players. Cheatham Co. has a good football team. We at Camden are so sorry to hear that Potts broke three bones in his foot. We wish only the best for him. As for being a playmaker as a sophmore, he can only get better. Cheathams #10 is who you better watch out for this week Waverly. He fast and can break a game open quickly and they have a Giant of a kid at tight end with soft hands. You had better watch him too. Cheatham Co. you will need to watch very carefully Waverlys QB. If he gets hot and his recievers hold on to the ball, Waverly has the potential to make the game very interesting. Have a good safe injury free game and enjoy it without hard feelings to anyone. Can't predict this one. If Cheatham plays to their potential they should win but don't count Waverly out till the game is over.

I know for a fact that Ccubs8 is not from Cheatham County and does not speak on the behalf of the Cubs Football Nation. I heard from howdoitknow2 that he is actually a Stewart County assistant football coach, who graduated from Waverly, who goes to Austin Peay and has a class with the real #8's father, who coaches at Cheatham Middle. That makes sense also seeing as how Stewart County needs Cheatham County to lose this game for tiebreaker purposes.

First of all, you show your intelligence by the fines thing. They can't do that, it is a broadcast and opinions are given. Second, you are the one who trashes the football coaching staff at Waverly. A very good coaching staff might I add. Coach Graves and his staff are very good at what they do. And for all of you who don't want to listen, don't listen. I know there are plenty who want to. In fact two years ago I gave it up until I was begged to come back by a large majority of fans and by Coach Graves himself. So please you and this fake ccubs8 go cry somewhere else. I know for a fact he isn't from Cheatham Co. What you guys are trying to do is tear down a program.

we know there are no fines but if there were alot of your comments would be different. Nobody is trying to tear down the program the program has not lived up to expectations.you know the talent is there what's up.The kids put all they're heart into it and year in year out same thing.I just think your bashing the refs was a little too much.This program needs to step back and correct the problems would you start a new offense past mid-season sure you wouldn't.Alot of people enjoy having a chance to listen in to your gamecast but lighten up on the refs.The tigers should have taken care of business so they weren't in the situation to blame the refs.So where do you put the blame? Unfortunatly it falls on the coaches, Look our middle school program and chargers and wavo j.r. pro are successful but it's not comming over so what gives? Every program in trouble can't blame the kids or the ref's. We need to step back and have a new approach next year.. Nothing personel against you .. But we need to get this ship moving on course and change things.. Let's bring WAVO back to the status they once were......

we know there are no fines but if there were alot of your comments would be different. Nobody is trying to tear down the program the program has not lived up to expectations.you know the talent is there what's up.The kids put all they're heart into it and year in year out same thing.I just think your bashing the refs was a little too much.This program needs to step back and correct the problems would you start a new offense past mid-season sure you wouldn't.Alot of people enjoy having a chance to listen in to your gamecast but lighten up on the refs.The tigers should have taken care of business so they weren't in the situation to blame the refs.So where do you put the blame? Unfortunatly it falls on the coaches, Look our middle school program and chargers and wavo j.r. pro are successful but it's not comming over so what gives? Every program in trouble can't blame the kids or the ref's. We need to step back and have a new approach next year.. Nothing personel against you .. But we need to get this ship moving on course and change things.. Let's bring WAVO back to the status they once were......

I like you would love to see Waverly have the program that Camden does for example. And one would think that victories at the junior high level and Chargers, Waverly Jr. Pro. would relate to high school. When I was in the 8th grade at Waverly Junior High, we won the State Championship. ONly 8 pts scored total in all the games. Not an average, that was a total. So you would think by my senior year we would be awesome. We went 6-4 and almost lost to McEwen (score 6-0). Was it the coaches fault? Well, head coach was RAy Hampton with Tommy Corbitt coaching the defense and we know their fine reputation. Unfortunately these don't give us a predictor. In Jr. Pro especially you have 12 yr olds against 10 yr olds for example. Sure they can run over them. There is a huge difference. Some kids grow faster than others, it usually evens out in high school or others pass them. Also, when some of these kids get in high school they lose interest, find girls more interesting, don't develop like other kids, begin to drive, find a thing called alchohol or drugs, etc. Now I'm not saying that all do this but there have been some good athletes that I could if I wanted to name, that are one of all these examples. I don't know where to turn things around, but a lot of the kids aren't into football like they need to be if they want a successful program. It takes their commitment. I've talked to several administrators and coaches in Camden and their kids are in the weight room basically year round, not because the coaches make them, because they want to get better. OUr kids need to develop that drive and want it.

Second, would I change the offense in mid season. Probably not, but I'm not a football coach either. I talked with Coach Graves and some of the other coaches and they were trying to find a spark to help the Tigers. It was a risk. But sometimes you have to take risks. We needed to do something. They didn't change totally, as if you were there at game, you noticed they ran the old offense too. They were trying to catch the SC team off guard. If you listen to any of the postgame shows we do, you will hear me interview Coach Graves each week. And you will hear him say, it begins with us coaches, we always need to do better to help the kids. He has never thrown any kid under the bus. I know for a fact he cares not only about winning football games, but he cares about those kids. Is he Nick Saban? No. But we ain't Alabama either.

Third, as far as the referees, if you were there you would have seen the way the game unfolded. I expect the best out of anyone no matter what they do. Those officials are paid to do their best and they didn't. And when they don't they risk kids getting hurt and keeping the kids from having a chance for victory. Did it keep the Tigers from winning. We'll never know, but I think it definitely affected the outcome. Sometimes you have to overcome inadequacies in order to win. We didn't. Yes, I get really emotional especially when it comes to people who treat kids or the elderly wrong. It gets my blood boiling. Football as with anything is about living right in life. I hope this helps. I don't think most of us in Waverly have that much of a different opinion. Would I love to see WCHS undefeated. You bet. But I don't think we would be undefeated if we had Coach Ward of Camden coaching us either.

It begins at home. If you sow discord and discontent about the coaches, teachers, etc. in front of your child at home, it affects the way he or she feels about the them and the team. We all should stay positive and want the best for these kids.

Edited by papatiger

I like you would love to see Waverly have the program that Camden does for example. And one would think that victories at the junior high level and Chargers, Waverly Jr. Pro. would relate to high school. When I was in the 8th grade at Waverly Junior High, we won the State Championship. ONly 8 pts scored total in all the games. Not an average, that was a total. So you would think by my senior year we would be awesome. We went 6-4 and almost lost to McEwen (score 6-0). Was it the coaches fault? Well, head coach was RAy Hampton with Tommy Corbitt coaching the defense and we know their fine reputation. Unfortunately these don't give us a predictor. In Jr. Pro especially you have 12 yr olds against 10 yr olds for example. Sure they can run over them. There is a huge difference. Some kids grow faster than others, it usually evens out in high school or others pass them. Also, when some of these kids get in high school they lose interest, find girls more interesting, don't develop like other kids, begin to drive, find a thing called alchohol or drugs, etc. Now I'm not saying that all do this but there have been some good athletes that I could if I wanted to name, that are one of all these examples. I don't know where to turn things around, but a lot of the kids aren't into football like they need to be if they want a successful program. It takes their commitment. I've talked to several administrators and coaches in Camden and their kids are in the weight room basically year round, not because the coaches make them, because they want to get better. OUr kids need to develop that drive and want it.

Second, would I change the offense in mid season. Probably not, but I'm not a football coach either. I talked with Coach Graves and some of the other coaches and they were trying to find a spark to help the Tigers. It was a risk. But sometimes you have to take risks. We needed to do something. They didn't change totally, as if you were there at game, you noticed they ran the old offense too. They were trying to catch the SC team off guard. If you listen to any of the postgame shows we do, you will hear me interview Coach Graves each week. And you will hear him say, it begins with us coaches, we always need to do better to help the kids. He has never thrown any kid under the bus. I know for a fact he cares not only about winning football games, but he cares about those kids. Is he Nick Saban? No. But we ain't Alabama either.

Third, as far as the referees, if you were there you would have seen the way the game unfolded. I expect the best out of anyone no matter what they do. Those officials are paid to do their best and they didn't. And when they don't they risk kids getting hurt and keeping the kids from having a chance for victory. Did it keep the Tigers from winning. We'll never know, but I think it definitely affected the outcome. Sometimes you have to overcome inadequacies in order to win. We didn't. Yes, I get really emotional especially when it comes to people who treat kids or the elderly wrong. It gets my blood boiling. Football as with anything is about living right in life. I hope this helps. I don't think most of us in Waverly have that much of a different opinion. Would I love to see WCHS undefeated. You bet. But I don't think we would be undefeated if we had Coach Ward of Camden coaching us either.

It begins at home. If you sow discord and discontent about the coaches, teachers, etc. in front of your child at home, it affects the way he or she feels about the them and the team. We all should stay positive and want the best for these kids.

I'll say Ray would always be competitive.6-4 is better than3-7. But a different world exists too your right but the majority of the kids want to play but need more motivation ..

The Junior High School schedule is rather weak.