Jackson County first winning season in years.

SpecialTeamer

Jackson County is on the verge of having its first winning season in many, many years. Congratulations to the Players and the COACHING STAFF for the hard work and dedication. Also, thanks to the many parents who get their kids to practice.

Good Luck Friday night. Stay hungry boys. Still have work to do!

Does anyone know when the last time JC had a winning record?

Congrats to all the players and the community. Big ups to Coach Loftis (and staff) for the turn around. It couldn't have happened to a finer person. Once he gets a little more seasoned, Jackson County may become a force to be reckoned with. I talked with him last year and this year during you all's bye week as he was scouting us. He realizes that it's going to take a couple of years in the weight room, maybe a few coaching clinics, etc. to get the program where he wants it to be. I have all the confidence in the world that he will get there. Hats off to Jackson County! :thumb:

Wasn't it 82'? Congrats to the kids and coaches. Lots of work to be dont though, this years senior class once it leaves will be huge lose. Very talented group, will be very young in a lot of places next year. I agree coaches need lots of clinics.

I think it was in 82' - went to playoffs - wasn't the coach from Shelbyville? Had health problems? Congrats to JC's players, coaches and all who had a part in a winning season.

I know there has been alot of things said on other threads about the coaches and some have debated on how they are coaching be it good, bad or indifferent. As a coach you expect this and as a fan its your right to your opinion. God knows i have an opinion on alot of things and those of you that know me know this to be true! :roflol: So i feel it necessary to add my 2 cents worth as well. Its been a long time since Jackson County could just line up and win without playing their "A" game and in my opinion they've done that this year in a few games. We've always had athletes here, but in my opinion no real direction, no motivation, no discipline and very few seasons where we were even competitive in most games let alone think about winning! So yes these players deserve a big round of applause and some big time cudo's because they have worked hard to get where they are. They have put in the time and effort and as always we have some very gifted athletes on the field. When you have a quarterback thats ranked in the top ten of the state, a receiver in the top 5 and another one thats not far away, you have some athletes! But for me the coaches have done an excelletn job and deserve some high praise. Now do i sit in the stands and say "what are they thinking" ?? You betcha but hey thats only natural atleast for me it is lol, but if you look at this coaching staffs and the huge strides they've made with this program and what they are about to accomplish its amazing. I for one am a fan, and have trusted them with making my son #24, the best player he can be. I went from telling him no you don't need to play football because they have no direction, no will to win to looking forward to Friday night football. So come Friday night, if JC brings their "A" game they should go home victorious and guarantee a winning season with so much to play for in the coming weeks. I know i will be in the stands cheering and yelling every play, as always, because my son just loves it when i yell at him!!!! :roflol:

If you don't second guess decisions you aren't living. I once worked for a coach that said he never second guessed anything and he didn't appreciate it even in behind closed doors at coaching meetings. I don't take second guessing or playing the what if's game personal myself. There are ways to structure it respectfully however.

I mean personally I think it's fun to go back afterwards with a critical eye on decisions I make in all phases of my life. I think it can be helpful later on.

I mean there are times, like this morning, when I second guess what I had for breakfast.

It's a fine day when JC is being recognized for a sport other than ... well you know .. and I loved watching JC and Gville play a couple of weeks ago. Some time in the weight room and some confidence will take this team to many years of winning season

I've talked to a few players from back in my days there and they are proud to see the team turning that critical corner and hope Coach L is there for a good long while.

I love how the band and cheerleaders work together ... fantastic !!!

Now if the fans will kick it up a notch, things will be great!!

Go Big Blue!!

Congratulations to the young lads at Jackson County on a winning season. Young lads should always feel good when the team has a marked improvement. It sounds like this club has a good coach in place.

You want to talk about JC having a good football team - go back to David Petty, L.B. Johnson and that bunch. Yeah, they were tough!!

Last regular season home game for the Blue Devils vs Pickett Co. Hoping that JC will look sharp tonight. I expect to see players on the field tonight that don't usually get much action.

To the Seniors...this is your last home game (reg season atleast). Enjoy the moment. Someday you will be old like most of us that visit the forums. We all wish we could have one more game to play (football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, etc...). Congratulations Seniors on a great year. Stay focused. A lot of football yet to be played!

Good luck to both teams. I certainly hope the bruises are minimal for both sides tonight. It certainly looks like another perfect Friday night for football.