Preseason Top Ten AA Teams

yuckamuck

Mo Barber is the main basketball player known at GP, but his brother Walt (who is the football player) will be playing for GP as well.

Both are great kids.

I believe the reference for Union County is to Phil Cox and Chase Buckner. The heights used on these rosters is not always measured in bare feet :rolleyes: . Both are very good players, especially Buckner; but if UC is to make any serious noise, they will likely need some additional standout play from others.

You are correct MMcCroskey the reference was to Cox and Buckner, Cox has grown this year to 6'6 Buckner is 6'5 and the Vitas kid who did not play last year is 6'5, if Union County gets a ballhandler this year they will be able to compete with Carter and GP, their inside game will be hard to handle this year, and if they can get a call this year at GP (ala last year lol) they will be in most games they play, also the transfer to Fulton this year at the point is as good as the kid at AE, cant wait for bball this district is gonna be strong.

You are correct MMcCroskey the reference was to Cox and Buckner, Cox has grown this year to 6'6 Buckner is 6'5 and the Vitas kid who did not play last year is 6'5, if Union County gets a ballhandler this year they will be able to compete with Carter and GP, their inside game will be hard to handle this year, and if they can get a call this year at GP (ala last year lol) they will be in most games they play, also the transfer to Fulton this year at the point is as good as the kid at AE, cant wait for bball this district is gonna be strong.

Can UC compete with A.E. and Fulton

Normally complaints about a referee's calls are a bit of sour grapes, but having watched that crew all game, I will EASILY admit, even as a GP supporter, those refs made some of the worst calls, and I mean over and over (although not only for GP). The way that game ended was horrible. Both GP and UC deserved better (and I even posted that up here on CoachT at the time).

Several of us from GP's side commented after the game that it was a shame that game couldn't have been called a "draw" and left at that. Let's hope this year we get better. I have nothing but respect for the effort refs put in, but that game got out of control and only got worse as the game progressed.

I also agree with you that District 3AA is gonna have some GREAT basketball! Best of luck to all concerned!

Marshall Co.'s best 2 players after Kedren play football so most likely couldn't have taken part in the game. Marshall Co. is also going all over the place playing some big competition. The record may not be that impressive come tourney time, but they will be much better prepared. They will play at Bolivar in the first few weeks of the season. They also play Clarksville Northeast, Livingston Academy, and a national tournament in Illinois.

• Upvote 1

Livingston Academy played at Liberty Tech on Saturday. Eight players made the trip with football playing on Friday night. LA lost to Craigmont by 5, beat Union City by 26, and lost to Bolivar by 4. Great showing with such a limited roster.

Liberty looked awesome on saturday, if they do not go back to state I would be shocked. Bolivar looked good also by the end of the year they will be right there. Also, was impressed with LA their guards and their shooting ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Spring Hill has been mentioned once.

A sectional team that returns 4/5 SOPHOMORE (Now Junior) starters. Sometimes 4 Soph. 1 Junior. I'm willing to bet that with more maturity and good postseason experience last year they will be one of AA's top ten teams. Marshall County does not have an easy path in their district or region as they found out last year. Keilan Blanks vs Kedren Johnson is a match up to watch. I'd say it is a toss up between Spring Hill and Marshall County this year in their district and region.

Here's my two cents.

overall East TN teams are not going to be able to compete with middle and especially west tn teams this year.

Livington Acd. is best coached team i have seen. They were a little down on bench when i saw them but a few more players on the bench like the ones on the floor then they will be the real deal.

Liberty Tech does not appear to be running smooth. Kendall needs to take more charge of the offense and the coach is over-coaching the team.

Bolivar's coach is a very patience man. He develops his players over time. They will be a big factor in March.

Ripley looks down this year and Brownsville does too.

Here's my two cents.

overall East TN teams are not going to be able to compete with middle and especially west tn teams this year.

Livington Acd. is best coached team i have seen. They were a little down on bench when i saw them but a few more players on the bench like the ones on the floor then they will be the real deal.

Liberty Tech does not appear to be running smooth. Kendall needs to take more charge of the offense and the coach is over-coaching the team.

Bolivar's coach is a very patience man. He develops his players over time. They will be a big factor in March.

Ripley looks down this year and Brownsville does too.

2 of the last three state champions have come out of east tn. Carter will be in the hunt if they can get out of a very tough region which i think they will. G.P. also has the horses as well to compete. Not saying they will take home a gold ball. What I am saying is don't sell E. Tn. short especially based on recent history.

2 of the last three state champions have come out of east tn. Carter will be in the hunt if they can get out of a very tough region which i think they will. G.P. also has the horses as well to compete. Not saying they will take home a gold ball. What I am saying is don't sell E. Tn. short especially based on recent history.

5 out of the last seven gold balls have gone to west TN. B)

The Bolivar HoF games last night were a preview for 2 of the last 4 teams that will be there in late March.

MC's Kedren Johnson is very fun to watch but he is having to do it all. No one could stop him. Liberty's Kendall Anthony went off with about 40pts. Both Teams are good teams and this was great game. but each team depended way to much on 1 player. Having said all that it's just the begining of the season.