Preseason Top Ten AA Teams

yuckamuck

:popcorneater:

Mr. McCroskey,

Was really impressed with your son last night--and the whole GP team. Word on the street is that your boy may be considering Maryville College? I sure hope so--being an MC Alum and good friend of Coach Lamberts. He would make a great player for the Fighting Scots.

Curious ... you don't have to answer if you would prefer not to. Why didn't Agosto and Barber start last night? Also, I don't recall the younger Barber playing at all. Will he contribute?

Good luck to your son and to the Highlanders.

• Upvote 1

Mr. McCroskey,

Was really impressed with your son last night--and the whole GP team. Word on the street is that your boy may be considering Maryville College? I sure hope so--being an MC Alum and good friend of Coach Lamberts. He would make a great player for the Fighting Scots.

Curious ... you don't have to answer if you would prefer not to. Why didn't Agosto and Barber start last night? Also, I don't recall the younger Barber playing at all. Will he contribute?

Good luck to your son and to the Highlanders.

TY for the kind words about my son Jon and GP. Thank goodness he takes well after his All-State (Kingsport DB) and Maryville College "Wall of Fame"er mother! While I managed 4 years of exclusive bench play in my high school days, there is no doubt my contribution was at best some height lol.

I thought your Govs looked to have more than solid talent in warm ups, and we will see how they can progress as the season unfolds.

That said, GP had just come off a VERY frustrating loss to Cocke County last week. Even with an off-shooting night, they had Cocke County down 16 points at the half. Cocke County did a GREAT job of showing how heart beats raw talent by storming back in the second half as GP showed some serious lack of focus.

GP had no one to blame but themselves, and the frustration showed as Jose and Mo headed straight to the locker room after the final whistle. I know these boys well, and I honestly don't think they realized the disrespect they displayed by not lining up after the game. Coach Placeres, I can assure you, immediately let them know the error of their lapse. Their removal from the starting lineup was only part of it.

GP had alot to prove, and it was unfortunate for William-Blount that they were the next game (and it never hurts to go 12-19 from 3 as a team).

Mo's brother Walt did not play because he is on the final days of rehab on a football injury to his foot. I think you will see him back in action very soon.

Maryville College is where my wife and I met, so you can imagine it has been a part of Jon's life his whole career. Coach Lambert has shown a strong interest in Jon for many years, and has been very supportive of Jon in his basketball. Being DIII, they are limited in what they might be able to do scholarship-wise, so we will have to see. I can confirm Jon is currently receiving serious attention (including offers) from several schools, but has not yet made a final decision.

TY for the kind words about my son Jon and GP. Thank goodness he takes well after his All-State (Kingsport DB) and Maryville College "Wall of Fame"er mother! While I managed 4 years of exclusive bench play in my high school days, there is no doubt my contribution was at best some height lol.

I thought your Govs looked to have more than solid talent in warm ups, and we will see how they can progress as the season unfolds.

That said, GP had just come off a VERY frustrating loss to Cocke County last week. Even with an off-shooting night, they had Cocke County down 16 points at the half. Cocke County did a GREAT job of showing how heart beats raw talent by storming back in the second half as GP showed some serious lack of focus.

GP had no one to blame but themselves, and the frustration showed as Jose and Mo headed straight to the locker room after the final whistle. I know these boys well, and I honestly don't think they realized the disrespect they displayed by not lining up after the game. Coach Placeres, I can assure you, immediately let them know the error of their lapse. Their removal from the starting lineup was only part of it.

GP had alot to prove, and it was unfortunate for William-Blount that they were the next game (and it never hurts to go 12-19 from 3 as a team).

Mo's brother Walt did not play because he is on the final days of rehab on a football injury to his foot. I think you will see him back in action very soon.

Maryville College is where my wife and I met, so you can imagine it has been a part of Jon's life his whole career. Coach Lambert has shown a strong interest in Jon for many years, and has been very supportive of Jon in his basketball. Being DIII, they are limited in what they might be able to do scholarship-wise, so we will have to see. I can confirm Jon is currently receiving serious attention (including offers) from several schools, but has not yet made a final decision.

Is this a joke/trap or what? disrespect......game after game! After slapping an opponent on the court a couple of weeks ago ...BIG MO shows futher disrespect to the Cocke Co team."didn't know he HAD to shake hands?" Is this their 1st year playing sports?Further evidence to not recruit/purchase players and families.

:popcorneater:

Don't blame ya lol.

All I can say it the incident at Cocke County is just as represented, what happened happened.

The incident with Jefferson County is VERY much different than what is being represented, and it has obviously gotten terribly personal. Unfortunate, but such is the way of net message boards (sigh).

Edited by MMcCroskey

Don't blame ya lol.

All I can say it the incident at Cocke County is just as represented, what happened happened.

The incident with Jefferson County is VERY much different than what is being represented, and it is obviously gotten terribly personal. Unfortunate, but such is the way of net message boards (sigh).

It's unfortunate that a grown man continues to defend someone who slapped another player during a game.Is this something that is taught up there in the thin air of the Smokeys?YES people Mo slapped/struck a Jeff player first.THEN there was some pushing and shoving.Could their be a bigger form of disrespect aimed at another player? Perhaps spitting? Is that whats next?MY question >HAS ANYONE EVER seen a player SLAP someone on the court during a game?I know I never have.GP Basketball "SLAPS and Disrespect" comming to a town near you !!!PURCHASED with all the best intentions,yet somehow lacking!! LOL

It's unfortunate that a grown man continues to defend someone who slapped another player during a game.Is this something that is taught up there in the thin air of the Smokeys?YES people Mo slapped/struck a Jeff player first.THEN there was some pushing and shoving.Could their be a bigger form of disrespect aimed at another player? Perhaps spitting? Is that whats next?MY question >HAS ANYONE EVER seen a player SLAP someone on the court during a game?I know I never have.GP Basketball "SLAPS and Disrespect" comming to a town near you !!!PURCHASED with all the best intentions,yet somehow lacking!! LOL

I have talked with someone today who has viewed the game film and says that the "slap" was unintentional and part of the game action. However, I know that your opinion will not change and the act of debating it one way or the other is damaging to a young man. So, I ask that you leave it be and move on to other conversations.

• Upvote 1

I have talked with someone today who has viewed the game film and says that the "slap" was unintentional and part of the game action. However, I know that your opinion will not change and the act of debating it one way or the other is damaging to a young man. So, I ask that you leave it be and move on to other conversations.

You Sir,Have been misinformed by a GP apologist.Reviewing the film yourself/speaking to those involved,and the coaches would give you a better perspective.AND I will leave it be at that.Thank you

I take what I said back about Marshall Co. I watched them tonight in Nashville against a pretty decent team in Lee High School from Alabama. Marshall Co. will not win the state championship this year. They rely wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much on Kedren Johnson. As soon as someone other than Kedren touches the ball, they look to pass it to Kedren. If they did shoot it, they missed. One of the players was 1-10 from 3 point range with almost all of them being spot up wide open 3's. Number 5 is a pretty good player, but I think he'd have to step up and shoot alot more to free up Kedren some. Marshall Co. will probably be in Murfreesboro, but only because of their district/region and oh yea..... Kedren Johnson.