Best player in 1A?

jusboro

Only one team that I can think of that stopped Marco, Jackson Christian. Marco had big numbers aganist JB & McKenzie

Maybe Mt.Pleasant wasn't playing top quality teams during the season.All I heard was Marco Dailey.Most was wanting to see his team go against Lake Co and Brandon Springer.Lake Co was beaten on the last play by Jackson Christian while Mt.Pleasant was blown out.Dailey didnt do anything against J.C.S. while Springer ran wild..The JCS posters said after the game with Mt.Pleasant that at least against them,that Springer was the better athlete.So sometimes,stats can be against lesser teams but people in that area will never believe or want to believe that.!

Maybe Mt.Pleasant wasn't playing top quality teams during the season.All I heard was Marco Dailey.Most was wanting to see his team go against Lake Co and Brandon Springer.Lake Co was beaten on the last play by Jackson Christian while Mt.Pleasant was blown out.Dailey didnt do anything against J.C.S. while Springer ran wild..The JCS posters said after the game with Mt.Pleasant that at least against them,that Springer was the better athlete.So sometimes,stats can be against lesser teams but people in that area will never believe or want to believe that.!

Been waiting on that, got friends at JCS who said Springer was the best athlete they saw all year, they couldnt believe he wasnt heavily recruited..

not gonna win it but ADAM SPENCE WR/CB senior at wartburg central wicked fast broke alot of records this year receiving for the dogs a true Game changer he is

C'mon man really? The Spence kid has O.K. speed at best. Yea he's fast for Wartburg but wicked fast, really? Best of luck to the Wartburg crew but if you win a round or two you'll run into "wicked fast" & I don't think anyone on the Bulldog team is gonna like it.

please dont compare tucker to marco teams can slow tucker down you couldnt touch marco

I have seen Tucker touched this season for sure, but slowed down...I wouldn't call 273 yards with 5 TDs passing and 86 yards with another TD rushing against WC (an outstanding team and by far the best he played against this year) "slowing him down"!

There has been alot of talk on here about alot of very talented young men, who I am sure all great players, leaders, and flat out good men. I am glad to hear it! We need more strong young leaders.

But, let's face it...this is about what they do on the field!

And, Tucker's numbers reflect the fact that this season he is Mr. Football for Class 1A.

Tyler Rice is the best player in 1A.

Look...I understand you feel strongly about T. Rice, who is likely your friend. Great player. But, the stats...the FACTS...show that Tucker IS Mr. Football 2010 for Class 1A!

And I have had enough of this "best QB" garbage!

Let's look at the stats for the 30 QBs in the State, regardless of Class, who have thrown for at least 1,000 yards. Based upon completion %, yards, and touchdowns, the 3 best are arguably Tucker, Rice and B Adkins at JB. All in Class 1A by the way! So let's look at their numbers closer.

Tucker: 67.4% completion, 2,485 yards, 28 TDs and 12 INTs

Rice: 61.1% completion, 1,475 yards, 29 TDs and 2 INTs

Adkins: 68.3% completion, 1,732 yards, 26 TDs and 3 INTs

In the whole stinkin' State, Tucker is second only to Adkins in Completion %, second only to Rice in TDs, and first by far in yards. And yes I know he has thrown more INTs.

But this is NOT about the Best QB! We can debate that to death! This is about the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER!

So we might wanna look at Tucker's Rushing numbers too! 1,081 yards and another 17 TDs! In rushing alone that makes him 21st in the whole State, regardless of Class! AND HE IS A QB!!

Kevin38 compared Tucker to J. Locker and Rice to R. Mallett. I think the comparison between Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett is more accurate. (And Dillard...just cool your jets! I also DID NOT say either is as good as these college QBs...YET!)

BTW...he is a star on Defense as well. Tennessean stats say 54 tackles, 2 INTs and 2 sacks, but those are low.

So if we are talking about BEST PLAYER and with all emotion and allegiances aside...Jacob Tucker is the best player in 1A, arguably the best QB in the whole State, and is MR. FOOTBALL 2010 CLASS 1A!!

Look...I understand you feel strongly about T. Rice, who is likely your friend. Great player. But, the stats...the FACTS...show that Tucker IS Mr. Football 2010 for Class 1A!

Let's look at the stats for the 30 QBs in the State, regardless of Class, who have thrown for at least 1,000 yards. Based upon completion %, yards, and touchdowns, the 3 best are arguably Tucker, Rice and B Adkins at JB. All in Class 1A by the way! So let's look at their numbers closer.

In the whole stinkin' State, Tucker is second only to Adkins in Completion %, second only to Rice in TDs, and first by far in yards. And yes I know he has thrown more INTs.

But this is NOT about the Best QB! We can debate that to death! This is about the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER!

So we might wanna look at Tucker's Rushing numbers too! 1,081 yards and another 17 TDs! In rushing alone that makes him 21st in the whole State, regardless of Class! AND HE IS A QB!!

Kevin38 compared Tucker to J. Locker and Rice to R. Mallett. I think the comparison between Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett is more accurate. (And Dillard...just cool your jets! I also DID NOT say either is as good as these college QBs...YET!)

BTW...he is a star on Defense as well. Tennessean stats say 54 tackles, 2 INTs and 2 sacks, but those are low.

So if we are talking about BEST PLAYER and with all emotion and allegiances aside...Jacob Tucker is the best player in 1A, arguably the best QB in the whole State, and is MR. FOOTBALL 2010 CLASS 1A!!

Today probably wasn't a good day to compare him to Cam Newton

73815_1725170729564_1247263944_2001698_7233315_n.jpg

Edited by cornerback10

stats can be very misleading and i will still stick by my statement that hogan whitemire is the best QB in the state.

Edited by eaglepride55

I will still stick by my statement, especially if we are debating best football player,aka Athlete, there is none better than Rafaeal Tyler at Lake Co. Quick, explosive, athletic, great hands, what other adjectives can describe him. 46 receptions, 1,017 yards and 18 TDs. Averages 22.1 yards per catch. On a Team that runs around 65% of the time. Teams adjust their coverage, double and triple team him and he still makes plays. He is one of the top 2-3 if not top athletes in A ball in the STATE!! Oh yeah, has ran the ball 10 times all year, results?? 4 TDs and a 13 yard per carry average. I know some of his best games have been against top quality competetion over 100 yards receiving vs Humbolt and 197 yards vs Trenton with 94 yards vs Union City. He states are in the top 4 state wide regardless of classification.