Greenbrier @ Goodpasture 10/29

soulsurvivor34

I just can't wait for fridays game everyone who thinks its gonna be a blow out y'all need to open your eyes, last year we weren't as good as this year and we made it a game with pretty much the same goodpasture team. This ones going to be a dog fight judging be the weather its shaping up to be just like last year and in the mudd I don't really think team speed matters yea they are bigger faster and stronger but Friday we will find out who has the mostt heart cause who ever wants it more will win this game.

Edited by catsfanallaround

I just can't wait for fridays game everyone who thinks its gonna be a blow out y'all need to open your eyes, last year we weren't as good as this year and we made it a game with pretty much the same goodpasture team. This ones going to be a dog fight judging be the weather its shaping up to be just like last year and in the mudd I don't really think team speed matters yea they are bigger faster and stronger but Friday we will find out who has the mostt heart cause who ever wants it more will win this game.

My eyes are wide open... GP is alot more talented than last year's team. And i'm telling you, no way Greenbrier loses to Westmoreland and then turns around and beats Goodpasture on their homefield. This will be an old fashioned blow out from the opening kickoff. But good luck that dog fight you are talking about 8-)

My eyes are wide open... GP is alot more talented than last year's team. And i'm telling you, no way Greenbrier loses to Westmoreland and then turns around and beats Goodpasture on their homefield. This will be an old fashioned blow out from the opening kickoff. But good luck that dog fight you are talking about 8-)

Ok go look at the rosters from last year and this year they are practicaly the same team idiot sorry but your wrong and shut up about our last loss we know about it if your gonna talk about it take it to that lobby and talk about it not this one and get some respect cause you don't respect the fact that any team can win any time

Ok go look at the rosters from last year and this year they are practicaly the same team idiot sorry but your wrong and shut up about our last loss we know about it if your gonna talk about it take it to that lobby and talk about it not this one and get some respect cause you don't respect the fact that any team can win any time

Every player on that team has improved. They might be the same players but they have all gotten stronger, quicker, and smarter with another year of experience under their belt. You just better get ready to see alot of touchdowns from that team in blue and yellow

How are you gonna go and tell someone to get some respect when you dont respect other teams? You get on White House's threads and show no respect by calling people idiots and things like that. And yeah, ill agree that any team can win at any time. Just like Greenbrier shouldnt of beat White House, but they did win that night. So your point proven, any team can win at any time. Just hope you your bobcats dont get unlucky and meet White House again...

Congrats to both Goodpasture and Greenbrier for such great seasons and having already qualified for post-season. It's tough that there will have to be a loser come Friday night, but I'm sure that whichever team comes out on top will represent the district well. It's tough to see another season come to a close and another group of Seniors on both sides move on to bigger and better things. How far into post-season either team goes is anybody's guess given the "any given Friday night" theory. But regardless, I know that the young underclassmen have had great leadership in the Seniors that will play each other tomorrow night. The moms and dads will lock these last games into their minds, just as the players will.

This was on the Macon-Westmoreland thread and I thought I'd share it for those parents.

"Dear FOOTBALL MOM/DAD,

You dreaded this year’s arrival, but it has come just the same. A year that is full of promise, but so many “last timesâ€.

Over the year’s you have helped with countless team meals, washed mounds of sweaty uniforms, chauffeured to more early practices than you care to remember.

You have been top of the world, elated when your son has had a good night and endured his deathlike silences when he hasn’t. It is amazing how the family mood bobs with the rhythm of each game.

You have laughed, cried, screamed, sulked, pouted, sweated, pulled your hair, bit your nails, bit your tongue, paced, worried, frowned, and smiled all very gracefully and within a two hour span.

Such is the life of a football mom/dad.

You may not be in on the big play, but you feel the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat right along with your son. You keep your composure when some fan behind you wants your son’s head while the opponent on the field is mashing it into the grass. “Get off him, that’s my baby†you’d like to shout.

You breathe football at this time of year, especially this time of year when your heart whispers “just a little longer†as the season slides by. You plead and bargain, knowing full well that some other mom/dad on the opponent’s team is making her/his own deal with the Almighty. But you do it anyway, because you no more want it to end than your son does. You do not want to see the desperation in his eyes and the pain on his face as he struggles to put away childhood dreams. You are helpless in the stands, with no way to make it better.

IS IT WORTH IT?

YOU BET IT IS!

Every lost game sock, every busy Friday night, every recovering Saturday, every aspirin, every ruined hair do, hot bath, goose bumps, and every obnoxious fan and sports writer you’ve had to tolerate is worth it. The fun isn’t measured by how many times your son gets into the newspaper, the game, or what he does when he gets there.

The fun-what makes those trips to the ER for the pigskin stitches all worthwhile, is watching a game. What a sport experience can do to convert your little boy into a young man. Watching him tackle the world and you have a front seat.

You still see that rambunctious 5 year old playing ball in the yard. You bite your lip and hold back the tears because though you are fiercely proud of the young man he has become, you miss the boy. In fact you mourn for all the little boys. You have watched them grow up together, plot and scheme together, win and lose together. They have raided your kitchen, camped out in your basement, stole your heart. They are blessed with something they will never have again. They know it and you know it.

So you pray that wonder will last another game, and then another, because as long as it does, you hang on to a piece of your boy for a bit longer. Watching him walk off that field one last time will be no less painful than giving birth to him all those years ago.

We will miss this group of young men.

We will miss watching them run on to the field like soldiers going to battle, the hi-fives after a great play, the chest slams after a great tackle, the celebrations over a big win and the sober faces after a disappointing loss.

We will miss watching the boys we love, play the game they love. FOOTBALL."