Boyd Buc vs Copper Basin

reaction

For what it’s worth I think we as Boyd fans, Parents and supporters should quit all this public negativity. Anyone that really knows this Boyd team, know also that this team has not come close to reaching their potential yet. We have great chance of being District champions and going very deep in the play-offs. Our team needs to believe in their self’s and that starts with the fans and parents. I know that some of the players read these posts. I don’t feel that the talent level is that much different than last year. What is different is the attitude those 17 seniors had, that they could not and would lose. They fought hard every play.

GO BUCS

buc55...while I appreciate your sentiment about curtailing the negative comments, I do wish to point out that none of mine have been about individual players as you mention in your post (and I agree with that!). My concerns have been directed solely at the coaching staff who should be held accountable for this team's struggle to reach their full potential (your words). We should be able to express those sort of opinions on a message board such as this. If I was going to compare last year's senior class to this year's (as you brought up), I wouldn't focus on the quality of the class; instead, I would note the difference in quantity (17 last year versus 9 this year). Regardless of the numbers difference, though, I believe this year's class fights hard every play as well. To wrap up, I'll go back to my theme throughout all my posts...this year's coaching staff is much different from last years and is the biggest obstacle this year's team has to overcome.

I do have confidence, though, that this year's team does have the fortitude to stay together and the ability to play well enough to beat Copper Basin and make a move in the playoffs. Again, I do appreciate and agree with your reason for making your post and thank you. Go Bucs!

buc55...while I appreciate your sentiment about curtailing the negative comments, I do wish to point out that none of mine have been about individual players as you mention in your post (and I agree with that!). My concerns have been directed solely at the coaching staff who should be held accountable for this team's struggle to reach their full potential (your words). We should be able to express those sort of opinions on a message board such as this. If I was going to compare last year's senior class to this year's (as you brought up), I wouldn't focus on the quality of the class; instead, I would note the difference in quantity (17 last year versus 9 this year). Regardless of the numbers difference, though, I believe this year's class fights hard every play as well. To wrap up, I'll go back to my theme throughout all my posts...this year's coaching staff is much different from last years and is the biggest obstacle this year's team has to overcome.

I do have confidence, though, that this year's team does have the fortitude to stay together and the ability to play well enough to beat Copper Basin and make a move in the playoffs. Again, I do appreciate and agree with your reason for making your post and thank you. Go Bucs!

I did not mean to indicate that anyone was talking about players in any way. I have just tried to stay positive about our season. I understand that everyone has there own opinion and you are very right, you can express them but I don't want some of the players to develop a negitve vibe if they are reading about us old guys talking football. :thumb:

I did not mean to indicate that anyone was talking about players in any way. I have just tried to stay positive about our season. I understand that everyone has there own opinion and you are very right, you can express them but I don't want some of the players to develop a negitve vibe if they are reading about us old guys talking football. :thumb:

Just to be safe...I'll try to stay away from discussing the coaches and focus on the players - we've got some good ones.

I am looking forward to the festivites on Thursday night at Chattanooga Stadium. I know everyone from Copper Basin is excited about a legend like myself gracing you with my presence. All of you people at Copper Basin just take a deep breath. I will make sure each of you get the autograph or picture you are seeking. Now on to the game. These young lads at Boyd have been tested alot this season. I don't believe the young lads at Copper Basin have been tested, but its still hard to overlook that sterling 8-0 record. I believe the young lads from Copper Basin have a shot to win, but Boyd will not go down easily. This one will be a good one.

Edited by TheLivingLegend

If BB get's behind those two monster's on the left side and there beast of a fb blocking for 24 then you might have a chance. The play calling has to be at it's best for this game. Down CB all you want but they can only play the schedule they have before them. I look for a low scoring game to be truthful. I really can't pick a winner but I will say around 28-20 either way. Goodluck to both team's.

HERE WE GO AGAIN.THE NASTY "R" WORD HAS REARED IT'S UGLY HEAD.MY SON HAS BEEN AT BOYD SINCE THE 6TH GRADE,SO LAY OFF THAT "RECRUITING" CRAP.IT IS NOT OUR FAULT THAT COPPER BASIN DOES NOT HAVE MONEY IN THEIR "RECRUITING BUDGET".LOL.GET A LIFE.SO.LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.IF, AND WHEN WE WIN THURSDAY, WE ARE CHEATERS,AND IF WE LOSE,WHICH WILL BE A COLD DAY IN YOU KNOW WHAT,WE ARE STILL CHEATERS.BOYD 24 "CASTRATED" COUGARS 8.

and if and when the cougars win what will be said. recruiting or not boyd isnt the team they were last year. and the cougars played them tough last yr in a game that should have only been a 21-0 game. the cougars are better this year than they have been in 15 years and this will show thursday night

I'll be there to support my East side of the county ball team. Go Cougars and I hope this will be a defining moment for you guys in a good way and not the bad!!! :unsure: Best wishes I'll be there with several Polk followers. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words. It is ggod to hear positives instead of the eternal "Why doesn't Basin Schedule Polk?" I am happy for Polk and do support the "below the mountain". Wish you all the Best.