The "Block in the back" Call

uknoit2

This call is made so many times 20 to 40 yards BEHIND the play (runner). Many times other things have led to the block (shove ). Call a foul to be assessed on the kick off or something! Make it a judgement call like the "Facemask" call....5 or 15 yds....Do NOT call call back a great touchdown run for a block or hold that had absolutely nothing to do with the runner scoring!

Let's contact and/or email the powers that be to have this call changed.

I saw it hurt high school football Friday night and youth club football Saturday....

ITS A BAD CALL WAY TOO MANY TIMES!!!!

never happen because of safety issues. Here a simple way for this problem dont hit some 20 yards away from the ball to get a flag :thumb:

They have two diff penalties for facemask! No safety issue there?! Naaaa, if it has nothing to do with the run, don't call the run back... .that's called Common sense! The rule needs amended!

Several rules should be changed, a little shove in the back 20 yards away from the ball don't warrant calling a TD back. Of course ,anyone should be smarter than that,how in the world could it help you. As long as it goes both ways, I guess its alright.

If these boys would just do a side body block instead of a back block, it would be legal. I garuntee you that if you perform a side body block right, it will put someone on their backside. You think im joking but im not.

If these boys would just do a side body block instead of a back block, it would be legal. I garuntee you that if you perform a side body block right, it will put someone on their backside. You think im joking but im not.

Yes, I agree! Many of these calls come after a lil shoving match in which the official never sees the beginning... if an offensive player properly blocks but continues it out of bounds and flag is thrown for personal foul, the TD wouldn't get called back...see my point! Call the violation but punish within the foul not the play!