District 12A

waynecofreak

• 2 weeks later...

Well seeing as how Summertown has much returning and the Tennessean has them in the Final Four in the state, you have to go with Summertown, Perry County (with new coach Kirk Haston), Wayne Co (with new coach Phil WIllard), C-wood, Loretto, Clifton---I can promise you as a fan of Summertown, that WC will not beat them this year--lots of hard feelings over Willard leaving and the way he went about it, waiting until after the school year started and then saying it is where he always wanted to be. Perry Co will be extremely competitive with Haston leading the charge for them.

Well seeing as how Summertown has much returning and the Tennessean has them in the Final Four in the state, you have to go with Summertown, Perry County (with new coach Kirk Haston), Wayne Co (with new coach Phil WIllard), C-wood, Loretto, Clifton---I can promise you as a fan of Summertown, that WC will not beat them this year--lots of hard feelings over Willard leaving and the way he went about it, waiting until after the school year started and then saying it is where he always wanted to be. Perry Co will be extremely competitive with Haston leading the charge for them.

I agree. Summertown only lost 1 player (non-starting senior).

I've seen WC play and until they get some of their Football players back they will not win many games.

Coach Willard is what these players needed to get going though. Once he gets all of them out there they will be tough.

I've seen WC play and until they get some of their Football players back they will not win many games.

Coach Willard is what these players needed to get going though. Once he gets all of them out there they will be tough.

I agree that Willard will be good for the WC boys. WHen he coached the boys at SHS after McBee left, he was very good. Took a team without a ton of talent to the state tourny (Aaron Burdette and co). His only fault when coaching those boys was embarrassing the community at the state tournament when he said "We have a bunch of country boys that drive tractors to practice in the summer" He workd absolute wonders with the girls program there. That said, I still don't see them beating Summertown simply because of the intangibles that Summertown will carry into those games--these boys want to make him pay for dumping on the girls the way he did and leaving in that fashion.

WC beat Hickman County last night by 17 points without the football players and looked good doing it.