Power District 14A

shockernation

Lake Co won tonight against Halls 78-45.Lake Co scored about 25 points in the first quarter and several of the starters didn't play much of the second quarter.Lake Co had about a 55-20 lead at the half with about 10 girls playing.Got to rest the starters for tomorrow night but at the same time,one of those games I'd like to see the starters get more playing time to get ready for the game tomorrow and also to at least get their stats.Sow some good things.Brooke Horton and Shasta Bolden shot the ball better tonight than they have the past two games but saw some things we need to work on.Brooke is getting beat on defense and once was down low and a girl just drove to the basket for an easy bucket.I'd rather see Carnation down there under the basket.But..I think Lake Co is still feeling their way to see who are going to be on the floor in a tight game.A couple of the girls look to be out of shape.I believe we'll get better after Christmas if we can stay injury free.

Well, Greenfield blew a 9 point lead and lost by 1 to Humboldt. Also, Greenfield just scored 34 points for the entire game.

Congrats Humboldt.

Really surprised by that ,especially the way Greenfield had been playing.Just shows once again,that the top teams in everyone's opinion can be beaten.We may suffer the same thing tonight if we don't come to play.A big win by Humboldt.At the same time,come tournament time..the top team from that other district had better not overlook the 3rd or 4th place teams.

Bradford got past union city last night 50-48. Combs had 20 street had 19. Bradford missed alot of freethrows. Which made the game close. Union city shot well from the line. They are a team to watch out for.

I said the same thing in an earlier post.That Union City will sneak up on what many are thinking may be the top 3 teams.Now that Humboldt has gotten a win over Greenfield..that shows we have 5 teams that I know of..not counting South Fulton or Trenton because I haven't seen them yet.But Lake Co,Greenfield,Bradford,Union City and Humboldt...on a given night.who knows?And from what I have heard,South Fulton has a better team this year.Better not overlook any team.foul trouble could play a part in a game or two.

I thought the same thing about Middleton and Scotts Hill..that both teams are suppose to be loaded so to speak.I believe Scotts Hill has everyone back or only lost one player and Middleton is suppose to have one of the top players in the stste.I did see that Middleton has a couple losses though ..Not that it's that bad losing to bigger schools like Lexington and McNairy Central but the Lexington game was by over 30 points I believe so I was a little curious about that many points..was wondering if they had some players out or what?I can't see any team beating Greenfield or Lake Co by 30..

Also saw that Scotts Hill is unbeaten..They have beat JCM by about 50 points.Milan by 12 points...But Milan was beaten by Dyersburg by about 40 points.48-9..Don't know what happened to Milan.They have lost every game but at least had scored and wasn't blown out until last night.And Dyersburg is a pretty good team but probably won't finish any higher than 4th in their district.I'm anxious to see how Scotts Hill does against Lexington and McNairy Cen.If they beat those two teams..don't see any team on their schedule that will beat them in that district.look for them to go unbeaten.

Middleton is no where near the team of last season. One of their stronger players is out with an injury, but even with her they are mainly a group of inexperienced guards. Fundamentals are lacking early this year, but they will get better as they go. I don't think they will make it to Sub-State this year.

Scotts Hill is better than last year. They lost their top outside threat in Montgomery, but they are much better without her because they are a more balanced team. Montgomery looked to shoot the ball at least 20 times a game last season, and every team knew she was going to do everything possible to get those shots. This year, there is no one real "star" player, but the entire starting five is good. They know their strengths and their roles, and they focus on doing their jobs to the best of their ability. As for looking at who they beat and by how much, that is very deceiving with Scotts Hill because Coach Chandler plays a very controlled, half-court game with his girls. They rarely blow-out teams, because they don't look to score in great bunches, unless they cause turnovers on their press and can get easy lay-ups. Scotts Hill will very likely be the winner of Region 8, but their district, overall, is better than last year as a lot of teams returned most of their players, so it should not be as easy for them.

Edited by ptguard12

Middleton is no where near the team of last season. One of their stronger players is out with an injury, but even with her they are mainly a group of inexperienced guards. Fundamentals are lacking early this year, but they will get better as they go. I don't think they will make it to Sub-State this year.

Scotts Hill is better than last year. They lost their top outside threat in Montgomery, but they are much better without her because they are a more balanced team. Montgomery looked to shoot the ball at least 20 times a game last season, and every team knew she was going to do everything possible to get those shots. This year, there is no one real "star" player, but the entire starting five is good. They know their strengths and their roles, and they focus on doing their jobs to the best of their ability. As for looking at who they beat and by how much, that is very deceiving with Scotts Hill because Coach Chandler plays a very controlled, half-court game with his girls. They rarely blow-out teams, because they don't look to score in great bunches, unless they cause turnovers on their press and can get easy lay-ups. Scotts Hill will very likely be the winner of Region 8, but their district, overall, is better than last year as a lot of teams returned most of their players, so it should not be as easy for them.

I have a friend of mine that goes to most of the Lake Co games.He has family around the Scotts Hill area.He says they are a very good team also.He puts a little more to it though..that they have everyone back.nobody is going to beat them..lol..Sounds like they have a fine team though.

From what I've heard, the Lady Jackets missed a lot of free throws last night against Humboldt. Shot less than 50%. We have got to improve that, if we're gonna beat the Lake Co.'s and other good teams. Also, I heard that the girl that will probably start at PG is still not playing a lot. She's coming in some...playing some here and there...but she's still not 100%.

Anyway, looks like another interesting year in District 14A!!

PC is nowhere near as quick as Lake Co but they are better free throw shooters.I believe they made about 30 free throws.Lake Co pretty well had their way and was leading by about 18 points when T.T. was on the floor.Lake Co ended up winning 70-64.Very disappointed in some things we did when T.T. wasnt on the floor and very disappointed in the officiating ..at least the one official..And believe me..He made it look obvious.Got booed out of the gym at least 10 different times.Sure wish we could black ball 1 official.He'd be the one.Sure hope we don't get him at Bradford and against Greenfield.

Edited by mrbigster

PC is nowhere near as quick as Lake Co but they are better free throw shooters.I believe they made about 30 free throws.Lake Co pretty well had their way and was leading by about 18 points when T.T. was on the floor.Lake Co ended up winning 70-64.Very disappointed in some things we did when T.T. wasnt on the floor and very disappointed in the officiating ..at least the one official..And believe me..He made it look obvious.Got booed out of the gym at least 10 different times.Sure wish we could black ball 1 official.He'd be the one.Sure hope we don't get him at Bradford and against Greenfield.

Quickness is definitely not one of Perry County's strengths, but none of the teams in their district have the quickness of Lake County . Figured they would have a hard time with Lake County's speed and athleticism. Perry only has two really strong players in Simmons (the PG) and Starkey (the bigger W/F). Those two can fill it up and will play hard. The rest of the team is average at best, and none of the others play hard. Simmons and Starkey are enough to beat a lot of teams with limited speed and athleticism like themselves (like Greenfield), but taking down someone like Lake County is a huge challenge for them. Nice to see a 12A team venturing up to 14A to play some of their teams. You can't fault Perry County's schedule, as they are not shying away from the competition. This type of game will benefit both Perry County and Lake County in the long run.

Quickness is definitely not one of Perry County's strengths, but none of the teams in their district have the quickness of Lake County . Figured they would have a hard time with Lake County's speed and athleticism. Perry only has two really strong players in Simmons (the PG) and Starkey (the bigger W/F). Those two can fill it up and will play hard. The rest of the team is average at best, and none of the others play hard. Simmons and Starkey are enough to beat a lot of teams with limited speed and athleticism like themselves (like Greenfield), but taking down someone like Lake County is a huge challenge for them. Nice to see a 12A team venturing up to 14A to play some of their teams. You can't fault Perry County's schedule, as they are not shying away from the competition. This type of game will benefit both Perry County and Lake County in the long run.

Must be #12 and #33 for them...We locked #33 down the first part of the game with TT on her but # 12 did hit about 3 3 pointers..then late in the game with T.T. on the bench,#33 got open and hit a few three's..plus a lot of free throws..I knew going in that PC wasn't going to try to play man and run with us.Shouldn't really talk about the officiating..guess we just have stay focused.But due to the tech's..free thows..TT. being on the bench about the whole second half..this game was a lot closer than it should have been.

Edited by mrbigster