Power District 14A

shockernation

That's kind of surprising to me really. Liberty not only has ann jones, but they have some very solid guard play as well. They probably aren't as deep as last year, but I didn't expect greenfield to beat liberty. Good win for greenfield!

Great win by Greenfield.I saw Liberty against Dyer Co last week and they aren't quite as strong as last year but are still a good team.I noticed they still had the left hander and Ann Jones so naturally they have talent..Looks like Greenfield has things going very well.Knew they had a good inside game but thought they would miss Katie and Porter.Lake Co plays Halls Friday night and then the tougher competition comes to play the Falcons.Saturday night Lake Co plays Perry Co at Tiptonville..then the following Tues. play Humboldt at Humboldt and then Friday night will play Greenfield at Tiptonville.So..some big early season tests at the start of the season.

Yea, Greenfield plays Humboldt this Friday night. So, its all about to get going in 14A.

I talked to the boyfriend of one of the Greenfield players yesterday and he told me he actually thought Greenfield looked better than they did last year..Said he had only missed 1 game so far..I told him to make sure he was there next Friday..lol

Bradford should beat Union City. I still cant figure out how Gleason beat Bradford at Bradford.

I don't know.Dyer Co doesn't have much but I believe Union City is better than people may think.I saw that South Fulton lost to Obion Central by 18 points but it shows them playing again and losing by only 2 points.And Greenfield is playing as well as anyone in the stste right now and will be a top team so the district may be even better this year.Lake Co plays Halls Friday night and Perry Co Sat night should be a good early season test.

14A from top to bottom is down this year in my opinion. We dont have 6 teams who could beat anybody on a given night like the last few years. I think 14A is a three team race and 13A may be the weakest girls district in the state. Just my opinion.

From what I see Greenfield is looking strong.have heard from someone maybe as goos as last year.You'd know that.Lake Co is going to be strong but did lose 3 very good players.Believe we'll be better after a month or so or after Christmas,after the coach finally sees the 7 or 8 players he wants to go with .Still think he is looking for that 4th and 5th starter between 4 girls.Will know later in the season in a close game.I'm assumming you think the 3 teams are Greenfield,Lake Co and Bradford.Bradford could be down a little from last year by not having Wallsmith but still should be a tough team.I believe South Fulton will be improved.I believe Union City is better than last year.So..that leaves Humboldt and Trenton.I don't think they'll be as good as last year but with South Fulton and Union City being better ..maybe even things out..But you're probably right.Overall from top to bottom..probably not as strong..but I really believe Union City is going to beat one of the three this year.We'll see.And maybe South Fulton,although I haven't personally seen them as of yet.

Edited by mrbigster

I'm not trying to slam anybody or any district but overall judging by the games I have seen and the scores of the games it looks like west Tennessee girls overall may be down. 13AA is way down, 13A doesnt have a Gleason team like last year, all of the 14A teams lost alot of talent from there last years teams. Lake County may be the best team in single A or AA this year in the upper west Tennessee teams. I know Scotts Hill and Middleton are suppose to be good again in the lower part of the state and Northside may be the team to beat in AA but they only beat Liberty in OT and Greenfield beat Liberty.

I know this is a wild guess but my early prediction for substate games would be Lake County hosting Middleton and Greenfield traveling to Scotts Hill in Class A and Northside/Bolivar winning substate games in AA.

I'm not trying to slam anybody or any district but overall judging by the games I have seen and the scores of the games it looks like west Tennessee girls overall may be down. 13AA is way down, 13A doesnt have a Gleason team like last year, all of the 14A teams lost alot of talent from there last years teams. Lake County may be the best team in single A or AA this year in the upper west Tennessee teams. I know Scotts Hill and Middleton are suppose to be good again in the lower part of the state and Northside may be the team to beat in AA but they only beat Liberty in OT and Greenfield beat Liberty.

I know this is a wild guess but my early prediction for substate games would be Lake County hosting Middleton and Greenfield traveling to Scotts Hill in Class A and Northside/Bolivar winning substate games in AA.

I thought the same thing about Middleton and Scotts Hill..that both teams are suppose to be loaded so to speak.I believe Scotts Hill has everyone back or only lost one player and Middleton is suppose to have one of the top players in the stste.I did see that Middleton has a couple losses though ..Not that it's that bad losing to bigger schools like Lexington and McNairy Central but the Lexington game was by over 30 points I believe so I was a little curious about that many points..was wondering if they had some players out or what?I can't see any team beating Greenfield or Lake Co by 30..

Also saw that Scotts Hill is unbeaten..They have beat JCM by about 50 points.Milan by 12 points...But Milan was beaten by Dyersburg by about 40 points.48-9..Don't know what happened to Milan.They have lost every game but at least had scored and wasn't blown out until last night.And Dyersburg is a pretty good team but probably won't finish any higher than 4th in their district.I'm anxious to see how Scotts Hill does against Lexington and McNairy Cen.If they beat those two teams..don't see any team on their schedule that will beat them in that district.look for them to go unbeaten.

Edited by mrbigster