Power District 14A

shockernation

Does anyone know how the Humboldt and Halls girl's game turned out last night?

Humboldt won 65-38

Humboldt 65, Halls 38

Halls 16 7 10 5 — 38

Humboldt 17 10 15 17 — 65

Halls (38) — Humphrey 9, Ashley Nichols 11, Bell 6, Davis 2, Claybrooks 5, Houston 3, Harrell 2.

Humboldt (65) — Shantia Pettigrew 24, Amber Pearson 15, D. Shivers 2, Morris 2, Lennon 7, James 1, Cook 3, Pate 2, Pankey 2, C. Shivers 7.

By looking at this box score ,it was a 1 point lead at the first quarter and only 4 at the half.but think the box score is wrong.If you count the box score totals,it only comes out to 59 points.If you count the individual scoring beside the players names,comes out to 65.

Edited by mrbigster

Humboldt won 65-38

Humboldt 65, Halls 38

Halls 16 7 10 5 — 38

Humboldt 17 10 15 17 — 65

Halls (38) — Humphrey 9, Ashley Nichols 11, Bell 6, Davis 2, Claybrooks 5, Houston 3, Harrell 2.

Humboldt (65) — Shantia Pettigrew 24, Amber Pearson 15, D. Shivers 2, Morris 2, Lennon 7, James 1, Cook 3, Pate 2, Pankey 2, C. Shivers 7.

By looking at this box score ,it was a 1 point lead at the first quarter and only 4 at the half.but think the box score is wrong.If you count the box score totals,it only comes out to 59 points.If you count the individual scoring beside the players names,comes out to 65.

Thanks! :thumb:

Not sure about this years team or the coaching.Lake Co has talent on the offensive side of the ball but several weaknesses on defense.Horton just wants to go on the floor and shoot.Two air balls last night.Really haven't seen too much from her and no defense.At least move your feet and body a little.Don't just let the oppossing player just dribble around you and somebody have to come help out and leave their man.Same for Jones.She has potential but the girl from Greenfield went around her at will last night.And one girl was wide open several times.The Gray girl looks to be a good shooter but looks tired when she plays. Lake Co can go a long way because of T.T.,Carnation and Pearson .Hopefully can get some help from Gray or Bolden . If Lake Co had one more stud or someone that could play defense,it could be a great year.

Not sure about this years team or the coaching.Lake Co has talent on the offensive side of the ball but several weaknesses on defense.Horton just wants to go on the floor and shoot.Two air balls last night.Really haven't seen too much from her and no defense.At least move your feet and body a little.Don't just let the oppossing player just dribble around you and somebody have to come help out and leave their man.Same for Jones.She has potential but the girl from Greenfield went around her at will last night.And one girl was wide open several times.The Gray girl looks to be a good shooter but looks tired when she plays. Lake Co can go a long way because of T.T.,Carnation and Pearson .Hopefully can get some help from Gray or Bolden . If Lake Co had one more stud or someone that could play defense,it could be a great year.

Seriously?? Did you ever play in a game - did you ever shoot an air ball? Did you ever have a bad night and not feel good and "look tired"? Did you have anyone post your name and the number of air balls you shot in a game? Total lack of class to call out specific players on here.

I dont even know where to start on this post. If you have so many complaints how about you go get your degree and coach. Coach Johnson has numerous sub state appearances,2 state tournament appearances, and even a boy's state tournament appearance. Lake County just beat a top 10 team in the state by 12 on our home court and didn't even play our best ball. Greenfield shot 62% last night and we still beat them by 12. That is saying alot for the lady falcons, but instead of congradulating them all you can do is get on here and bash them. We are out scoring opponents by 16 points this year against very good competition, but it is not good enough for you. The comment about Gray looking tired is just pathetic, and for the record, she only had 17 pts lastnight, and if thats what she does when she is "tired" I would hate to see what she does when she is not. One more thing, what kind of person gets on here and bashes 15-17 year old girls not to mention them being your home town team. What a joke!

I'm not trying to discredit any person I mention because they were all great players nor am I trying to step on any toes here. I got a big problem with how the officiating is when it comes to TT Flowers this year. TT is considered by many to be the best player in entire region, but yet she never gets the benefit of any close call. Where as, the stars of others teams such as Kayla Hudson(Gleason), Chassidy Fussell(Obion County), Molly Wallsmith(Bradford), and currently Jordan Gailey(Greenfield) all recieve the benefits of getting close calls. TT recieves no beneftis and gets not the first close call. I just think its a travesty.

I'm not trying to discredit any person I mention because they were all great players nor am I trying to step on any toes here. I got a big problem with how the officiating is when it comes to TT Flowers this year. TT is considered by many to be the best player in entire region, but yet she never gets the benefit of any close call. Where as, the stars of others teams such as Kayla Hudson(Gleason), Chassidy Fussell(Obion County), Molly Wallsmith(Bradford), and currently Jordan Gailey(Greenfield) all recieve the benefits of getting close calls. TT recieves no beneftis and gets not the first close call. I just think its a travesty.

TT is a good player.....in your district and region. If you would venture out of your district/region you'd see many players that are better than TT. I'm not bashing her or anything, but over the years you guys have overhyped her alot on here. I know of several guards here in West TN this year that are better than TT in my opinion...and no none of those guards are at Gibson Co. She's an above average player on a team that hasn't achieved much with this "great" team that Lake Co. has. Go out and win state this year and TT will get those calls next year as a Senior.

Edited by GCPioneer

ok..Here's the deal.Not trying to call a coach out but the girls should have a state championship before now.Newsome does a great job and then they get to high school and they do ok.As far as calling a player out.Didn't say nothing bad.Just that she wants to shoot and not play defense.Did you not notice or have you not noticed that?There was nothing bad about what I said.If I said Brooke scored 20 points lasy night then that makes everyone happy.If I say Brooke scored 20 points but didn't play defense or at least needs to improve on her defense,then everyone gets mad.Not calling players out.They have some potential.But I'll reword all my posts from now on.There are about 3 players on the team that want to shoot the ball and not play defense?Is that better?And if CoachJohnson doesn't see that,then he may not be as good a coach as you think.Not callinh him or any players out.Just what I see.And if your're not a momma or Daddy,then you see it also.I'll not name any players from now on.I want Lake Co to do well but not sure about the team as of yet.And 15 and 16 year old girls should have a little energy.

I dont even know where to start on this post. If you have so many complaints how about you go get your degree and coach. Coach Johnson has numerous sub state appearances,2 state tournament appearances, and even a boy's state tournament appearance. Lake County just beat a top 10 team in the state by 12 on our home court and didn't even play our best ball. Greenfield shot 62% last night and we still beat them by 12. That is saying alot for the lady falcons, but instead of congradulating them all you can do is get on here and bash them. We are out scoring opponents by 16 points this year against very good competition, but it is not good enough for you. The comment about Gray looking tired is just pathetic, and for the record, she only had 17 pts lastnight, and if thats what she does when she is "tired" I would hate to see what she does when she is not. One more thing, what kind of person gets on here and bashes 15-17 year old girls not to mention them being your home town team. What a joke!

Another thing.I'm not bashing the girls.I said Gray looked good shooting the ball.Just looks tired like has no energy.Nothing wrong with that comment.She has a great looking shot.As for Greenfield shooting 62 percent.Read my post.That doesn't surprise me one bit.Like I said.Number 40 was just dribbling by ,lets just say certain defenders all night long for layups.Little 10 year olds could have shot 62 percent doing that.So your post makes no sense at all

And now you are calling out the officials.

TT is a good player.....in your district and region. If you would venture out of your district/region you'd see many players that are better than TT. I'm not bashing her or anything, but over the years you guys have overhyped her alot on here. I know of several guards here in West TN this year that are better than TT in my opinion...and no none of those guards are at Gibson Co. She's an above average player on a team that hasn't achieved much with this "great" team that Lake Co. has. Go out and win state this year and TT will get those calls next year as a Senior.

I'm not sure I agree with you on that.She does need to wotk on her outside shot but I havent seen anyone this year that can guard her 1 on 1.I saw Lake Co play Central in the jamboree.I saw the Westview game,didn't stay for the boys game.Didn't see anyone on those teams.And I saw Greenfield last night.Nobody could guard her without getting help or collasping on her.I'd like to know the players you think are better though.