Power District 14A

shockernation

The Lady Jackets were as cold shooting as I've ever seen them. No telling how many shots were missed right under the basket for Greenfield. That'll improve as the season progresses.

The Lady Jackets also missed a ton of free throws.

Greenfield also had 20 turnovers in the game. We must improve ball handling. Of course, our starting Point Guard is sitting on the bench with an injury at this time....so, when she gets back that'll help a lot.

Perry Co. is well coached. They have some good players on their team. But, Greenfield should've beaten them by 15 points or more. Very, very cold shooting and bad ball handling led to them getting beat 51-47. No disrespect intended towards Perry Co. but the Lady Jackets played terrible today.

Maybe PC's defense led to greenfield's cold shooting and numerous turnovers. We play some pretty good ball down here in 12A. I doubt greenfield could beat any of 12a's top four teams by 15+ points! They certainly couldn't do it on a consistent basis. Greenfield has had strong teams the past couple of years, but lets not pretend that they have really done anything so great as to assume that they are some tremendous dynasty up there in 14A that just rolls over other teams. You act like you got beat by a lesser quality team, which most certainly is not the case.

Edited by AB23

Greenfield beat Gleason last night 41-21 but it could have been a 40 point game if Coach Trevathan had of wanted. Coach T showed alot of character by not running the score up which would have been easy to do. Everybody played for Greenfield and alot of young girls got quality playing time in the win. I will try and keep this post positive but this didnt look like a Gleason girls team.

Maybe PC's defense led to greenfield's cold shooting and numerous turnovers. We play some pretty good ball down here in 12A. I doubt greenfield could beat any of 12a's top four teams by 15+ points! They certainly couldn't do it on a consistent basis. Greenfield has had strong teams the past couple of years, but lets not pretend that they have really done anything so great as to assume that they are some tremendous dynasty up there in 14A that just rolls over other teams. You act like you got beat by a lesser quality team, which most certainly is not the case.

Perry Co.'s defense was pretty good. But, believe me when I say that we missed lay ups...uncontested lay ups...we missed shots right under the goal...many shots right under the goal. Also, I've never seen them shoot worse from the free throw line as they did that Saturday....I bet it was 50%....So, no disrespect towards Perry Co., but if we'd had our starting PG, and if we had played ball handlers at the guard positions, instead of power forwards, then we would've beaten Perry Co., and we should beat them every time we play them. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but that's my opinion.

Not saying that Greenfield is a dynasty, either. Not saying that Greenfield is a state playoff team even. But, they should've beaten Perry Co. by 15 points...yet, we didnt...so I give it to Perry Co. They won. They beat us on that Saturday.

I love the folks at Gleason, but Gleason is way down this year. As Greenfieldfan said, the game could've been won by a lot more, if Coach T had wanted to run the score up.

The Lady Jackets looked a whole lot better last night than they did Saturday. We had PG's handling the ball, and our starting PG actually got some playing time in last night. She's recovering sooner than I thought she would from her injury.

But, shooting was a whole lot better...free throw shooting was better...and turnovers were down, even with Gleason playing pretty good defense. We looked more like a contender for the district title last night. Not saying that we're gonna win it, but looked more like a contender.

I love the folks at Gleason, but Gleason is way down this year. As Greenfieldfan said, the game could've been won by a lot more, if Coach T had wanted to run the score up.

The Lady Jackets looked a whole lot better last night than they did Saturday. We had PG's handling the ball, and our starting PG actually got some playing time in last night. She's recovering sooner than I thought she would from her injury.

But, shooting was a whole lot better...free throw shooting was better...and turnovers were down, even with Gleason playing pretty good defense. We looked more like a contender for the district title last night. Not saying that we're gonna win it, but looked more like a contender.

Looks like the district is going to be tough once again.Earlier I read a post that we were still going to have 3 really good teams and as a whole,it may be weaker but I'm not sure..Halls is still down..South Fulon is probably going to be better.Humboldt may be down from last year.Same for Trenton but I look for Union City to be better.Obion Central had Union City 33-11 at one time but Union City came back and got within 4 points at one time.Were down by 6 with about 3 minutes left and Huff was shooting a 3 ball.She made the shot but Fred,the great official called her for shuffling her feet as she was shooting.The Central coach said something and Fred called a tech.That took Central out of the game at that time.So..on a given night,Union City just may steal a win as well as Humboldt.!

This is Lake Countys year to win the Gold Ball and could win back to back Gold Balls. They are hands down the cream of the crop in our region. Bradford or Greenfield will have to play flawless to stay with Lake County. Lake County will give Obion or Gibson County all they want this year.

Ya'll fergittin bout Jackson County, Clarkrange, RedBolin and Clay Co. aint ye? Ever yar yall talk bout how yose gonna win the gold and ever yar ye git sent home but us over here in 7A dis here yar wont be no difernt cept maybe redbolin will be the wun to sen ye home!

Ya'll fergittin bout Jackson County, Clarkrange, RedBolin and Clay Co. aint ye? Ever yar yall talk bout how yose gonna win the gold and ever yar ye git sent home but us over here in 7A dis here yar wont be no difernt cept maybe redbolin will be the wun to sen ye home!

Ye do know that this post wuz from someone frum anothur town.We knoz yar have gud teams.we haz about 3 teams that er purtty good too.i hope we plaze redbolin

THAT WUZ SUM GOOOD STUFF BIGSTER

I wasn't sure what I was reading..lol..I see yall are in a Thanksgiving tourney at Martin.I think our next game is Tuesday at Halls.We have looked pretty good overall except for the game with Westview.Thought we looked like a regular Single A team.nowhere near being a top 10 or even top 30 team.But Westview didn't either in my opinion.I know both teams are better than what I saw.It's still early and hopefully Lake Co will find the 2 girls they want to go with T.T.,Simone and Carnation.Looks like Bradford is doing ok and Greenfield beating any Gleason team by that amount of points is impressive.

I SAW GLEASON PLAY OVER THE SUMMER AND THEY JUST DID NOT LOOK AS STRONG. I HAD POSTED THAT DRESDEN WAS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN 13A. THAT BEING SAID WATCH GLEASON BEAT BRADFORD TONIGHT. BRADFORD BEAT CLARKSBURG BY 40 WITH STREET AND COMBS ONLY PLAYING ABOUT 10 MINS. THEY BEAT AN IMPROVED HUNTINGDON TEAM BY 20. I JUST HOPE THEY STAY FOCUSED WITH THE LARGE WINS THEY HAVE HAD. SEVERAL GIRLS CAN SCORE FOR BRADFORD. TEAMS GET SO BUSY TRYING TO DOUBLE COMBS OR STREET IT LEAVES SOME GOOD SHOOTERS OPEN. SHOULD BE A FUN YEAR. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS.

BRADFORD BEAT HUNTINGDON LAST NIGHT BY 18 OR 20. THEY PLAY GLEASON TONIGHT. MAY BE A TOUGH GAME AFTER GLEASON LOST TO GREENFIELD LAST NIGHT. I SEE WERE YOU SAID GREENFIELD COULD HAVE WON BY 40. IS GLEASON DOWN THAT MUCH THIS YEAR. THE JACKSON SUN TOLD A LITTLE DIFFERENT STORY.

daroundball you asked me a question so I will give you my opinion but please everyone understand I am not trying to bash Gleason. Gleason is way down because they lost several key players. Gleason had two girls to score against Greenfield in the entire game last night and most of there points were against the Greenfield second and third string players who played well. Gleason played their starters all but one minute of the game. Greenfield also won the Bteam game 34-8 in an earlier game. The funny thing is that Gleason may still be the #2 team in their district.

As for tonight, Bradford can name the score with Gleason but Coach Eddings wont run the score up either. I look for Bradford to win by 20 but it could be worse.

Edited by Greenfieldfan