Power District 14A

shockernation

This is Lake Countys year to win the Gold Ball and could win back to back Gold Balls. They are hands down the cream of the crop in our region. Bradford or Greenfield will have to play flawless to stay with Lake County. Lake County will give Obion or Gibson County all they want this year.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

This is Lake Countys year to win the Gold Ball and could win back to back Gold Balls. They are hands down the cream of the crop in our region. Bradford or Greenfield will have to play flawless to stay with Lake County. Lake County will give Obion or Gibson County all they want this year.

Would you happen to know how the game went with Wayne Co. today at Westview. Thanks

Would you happen to know how the game went with Wayne Co. today at Westview. Thanks

Lake County won 41-31. Wayne County struggled with Lake County's press and speed. Wayne County was never able to dictate tempo, and Lake County sped them up to a point where they just played rushed and careless. Lake County looked very good all day long.

Based on what I saw today at UTM, Lake County is the clear favorite in 14A. Greenfield is a distant second, simply because they struggled at times with handling the ball and limiting turnovers (even at times when they weren't pressured heavily). Galey was even forced to run the point at some points today when teams applied a lot of pressure. Bradford looked really bad early against Riverside, but decent later on in the day. I think Humboldt would beat Bradford, and Union City would give them a run. South Fulton also looked decent as well and can hang around with any of those three on a given night. South Fulton has one really good playmaker on their team that if she continues to get better would be a major problem for the teams they face. Neither Peabody or Halls looked particularly strong. After today, I would go with:

1. Lake County

2. Greenfield

3. Humboldt

4. Bradford

5. Union City

6. South Fulton

7. Peabody

8. Halls

I think the top two and the bottom two are pretty much set. However, 3rd through 6th could go any number of ways. I see a lot of good games between those four teams this year. I also expect those four teams to challenge Greenfield nightly, and at least a couple of them will probably hang around with Lake County long enough to give them a scare.

I didn't get to watch Halls or Trenton but did see Greenfield,Humboldt,Perry Co,Bradford a little and Union city..Saw Lake Co.Coach Johnson played a lot of girls.T.T. Flowers,Carnation Hart,And Simone Pearson are locks to start.Think Coach is playing several girls to see who the other two starters are going to be,plus be the first 2 or 3 off the bench.He started Brooke Horton,and Shasta Bolden with Tiana Gray and T.T.'s younger sister coming off the bench .Not sure of her name but had Cavness on her jersey and is left handed.I look for her to get a lot of playing time.Brooke wasnt hitting as well as I usually see her and the same for Tiana.Tiana did hit a couple 3's against Gleason.Lake Co had Gleason by about 17 points when Coach Johnson benched T.T. and Carnation and Simone..Against CreekWood,Lake Co had a 9 point lead at one time ..made some sub changes and Creekwood came back and actually took the lead.Coach Johnson put a couple starters back in and went to overtime.In the overtime,he went with T.T. Flowers,Carnation Hart,Tiana Gray,Simone Pearson and I think Shasta Bolden.So maybe this will be the line up as the year goes on.Tiana looked a little timid at times,was surprised at that..Needs to get down on defense ..Was standing straight up at time.Simone Pearson looked really good against Gleason as did T.T.But a lot of speed.Once the season starts,the crowd in the gym,the lights,the atmosphere..I feel like Lake Co is going to be fine..Perry Co looked to be about the same size as Lake Co..The game I saw for a few minutes were I thought they had a pretty good guard but wasnt as quick as some of the teams.Like Pt.Guard said..Greenfield is going to have to get some good guard play.I feel like Lake Co is going to run ,run run and Coach Johnson will be able to put in a couple girls not starting to give a couple girls a break and not sure Greenfield will be able to do that and keep up.Jordan,Randolh are going to tire out..I watched Bradford and they didn't look as good as I was expecting ..at least yesterday.I saw Combs who I really like,the bigger white girl and the blonde girl at guard that played last year but didn't see Street.Did she graduate?I didn't see her on the bench either.I had Bradford in the top 3 with her..without her..not sure..Calloway Co was very impressive and a few players I watched and liked were the Sims girl from Westview,#35 from Calloway co and #1 from Creekwood.I noticed the coach from Creekwood played #22 and had #1 come off the bench.At the end of the game against Calloway Co,he had both #22 and #1 on the floor.I thought they had more potential with both on the floor.But maybe he was just trying different combinations.Another thing I was curious about was Dyersburg.I know most of their players,K.K. Tate,Madison Butler,the Evans twins.Didn't see one of the twins.I asked one of the Lake Co players about her and was told she went to Dyer Co this year.Thought that was strange with her playing at Dyersburg for 3 seasons and her sister at Dyersburg..But a friend of mine thought she had a knee injury and that's why she wasn't with them.But still would think she would have been on the bench.So..not sure about her.All in all..some things to work on but I think Lake Co will settle into their starters and probabaly the first 8 players will probably be in and out.Believe T.T.Flowers,Carnation Hart and Simone Pearson will be on the floor about thw whole game unless a big lead..With Tiana,Shasta,Brooke,T.T.'s sister and the light skin black girl Kee Kee rotating in and out at the other two spots

Edited by mrbigster

Calloway Co was very impressive and a few players I watched and liked were the Sims girl from Westview,#35 from Calloway co and #1 from Creekwood.

#35 from Calloway County (KY) is Averee Fields, a 6-0 W/F, that has already committed to West Virginia University. She was the most dominant player in the Elam Center yesterday. The scary thing is that she is only beginning to scratch the surface of her potential. If she continues to develop, she will be a force for West Virginia in the Big East Conference.

Edited by ptguard12

#35 from Calloway County (KY) is Averee Fields, a 6-0 W/F, that has already committed to West Virginia University. She was the most dominant player in the Elam Center yesterday. The scary thing is that she is only beginning to scratch the surface of her potential. If she continues to develop, she will be a force for West Virginia in the Big East Conference.

A friend of mine and I thought she was the best player we saw there?..Who is number 1 for Creekwood..Thin girl that handled the ball.Looked to handle the ball well,smooth through her legs and I thought she could be the type of player that could do really well in a run type game with a lot of 1 and 1 play or a run and gun team.

Edited by mrbigster

A friend of mine and I thought she was the best player we saw there?..Who is number 1 for Creekwood..Thin girl that handled the ball.Looked to handle the ball well,smooth through her legs and I thought she could be the type of player that could do really well in a run type game with a lot of 1 and 1 play or a run and gun team.

#1 for Creek Wood is a Freshman whose name has completely escaped me. She is a future star for Coach Mullinicks. He was very complimentary of her this summer at the Wayne County Team Camp when he discussed her work ethic (apparently she is in the gym at all times of the day and sets a weekly goal for herself in terms of number of shots to get up). She can flat out stroke it from the outside when she gets on a roll. She is very smooth and fluid with the ball in her hands, but I suspect she will play the 2-guard spot for Creek Wood simply because of her scoring ability. They have capable ball handlers who can deliver the ball adequately that are not quite the scoring threat that she is. If she continues to work, you will be hearing great things from her over the next four years.

#1 for Creek Wood is a Freshman whose name has completely escaped me. She is a future star for Coach Mullinicks. He was very complimentary of her this summer at the Wayne County Team Camp when he discussed her work ethic (apparently she is in the gym at all times of the day and sets a weekly goal for herself in terms of number of shots to get up). She can flat out stroke it from the outside when she gets on a roll. She is very smooth and fluid with the ball in her hands, but I suspect she will play the 2-guard spot for Creek Wood simply because of her scoring ability. They have capable ball handlers who can deliver the ball adequately that are not quite the scoring threat that she is. If she continues to work, you will be hearing great things from her over the next four years.

Wow..Thought she looked young but still thought she may be a junior.I loved how she handled the ball and looked to shoot like a guy.I told my buddy that I'd like to have her on the floor with T.T. and Carnation.Very smooth.Didn't realize she was just a freshman though !

Edited by mrbigster

Lake Co is suppose to play Brighton at Tiptonville Thursday night in a Hall Of Fame game.I'm assuming these games will be played but not sure since the boys are still involved in the playoofs.Girls game will be a good test for both teams..The Boys game won't be pretty to look at..Then Saturday night ,Lake Co will travel to Martin to play another tough opponent in ther Lady Chargers.Going to be tough on their home floor but also a good game for both teams.It's still early so a loss won't hurt any of the three teams.All are quality opponents.Lake Co usually plays Brighton ,but seems to have upped their schedule with a game at Westview,games with Perry Co home and away,and an away game with Middleton and also have Middle College coming to Tiptonville.Plus a Christmas tournament at Dyersburg that usually has Northside,Liberty,Poplar Bluff and others..Probably will play a couple tough opponents at Dyersburg.Last year they put Northside,Liberty and Lake Co in the same bracket.Also is a tournament at Ballard Co Ky.

Just saw a Dyer Co schedule.The Dyer Co girls are playing Liberty at Martin Sat in a Hall of Fame game.So I guess Liberty is playing Dyer Co at 5 oclock and Westview-Lake co following that.Not sure if the Lake Co boys are playing or if it's girl's action at Martin only.Maybe someone from Westview can post.

Edited by mrbigster