Power District 14A

shockernation

I am so frustrated just thinking back about last nights game. In my opinion, that was the worst effort by a Greenfield girls basketball team in a long long time. I am ashamed and disappointed by our careless attitude. There is no excuse for that effort, like I have said before we can beat most teams or we can lose to anybody this year.

We jumped out to a 12-0 lead by scoring every basket in the paint with our post players. Gleason was ready to fold up there tent but we got lazy and stood around and started shooting 3's and allowed Gleason to get back in the game. 18-17 at halftime. We dont have a leader on the floor, noone wanted the ball. Shamilla McMullen could score anytime she wanted against Gleason, Shamilla still doesnt realize how good she can be. After the 12-0 lead Greenfield scored 8 more points through 3 quarters. We were 1-13 on 3 pt shots for the night. Gleason gave us the 3 pt shot hoping we wouldnt keep pounding the middle and Gleason deserved to win the game.

Unbelievable, where is that team that beat Liberty.

I am so frustrated just thinking back about last nights game. In my opinion, that was the worst effort by a Greenfield girls basketball team in a long long time. I am ashamed and disappointed by our careless attitude. There is no excuse for that effort, like I have said before we can beat most teams or we can lose to anybody this year.

We jumped out to a 12-0 lead by scoring every basket in the paint with our post players. Gleason was ready to fold up there tent but we got lazy and stood around and started shooting 3's and allowed Gleason to get back in the game. 18-17 at halftime. We dont have a leader on the floor, noone wanted the ball. Shamilla McMullen could score anytime she wanted against Gleason, Shamilla still doesnt realize how good she can be. After the 12-0 lead Greenfield scored 8 more points through 3 quarters. We were 1-13 on 3 pt shots for the night. Gleason gave us the 3 pt shot hoping we wouldnt keep pounding the middle and Gleason deserved to win the game.

It's hard to figure out sometimes.I'd bet that the team that played Liberty shows up against Lake Co Friday night.Just something about these two teams get after each other and most of the time,is a close game.

I am proud of the Lady Dawgs effort we played as best we could last night, considering we had 5 girls on our team that was sick with the stomach bug ,3 of them starters. They were weak but played their hearts out. I am not taking anything away from Greenfield but you are right the team we played last night was not the team we played at the beginning of the season. But Coach Willie is a good coach and you don't find many like that around here, Not one time did I see him scream, yell, or put his finger in anyone's face, he is just not that way, he remains calm and is still considerate of the girls and himself. I commend him on his coaching and wish there were more like him. I'm not saying he doesn't express himself, i believe he just does it in a different manner..

Congrats Gleason on the Win........... And Good Luck to all the Teams the rest of the Season....

Bradford won in a blow out. Not sure of the final score, but bradford was up by 39 early in the 4th quarter when Eddings took out the big 3. Trenton played hard the whole game. Those girls have alot if heart. Bradford was just making their shots tonight. Combs and Street hit at least 3 threes each. Alot of the other girls hit threes also. Bratton played a great game. Let's see which team shows up friday. _

Lady Falcons looked like the #1 team in the state by dominating Humboldt tonight. The Falcons raced to a 50-14 lead after 3 quarters and finished with a 56-28 win with a running 4th quarter clock. These girls have a good chance to play deep into tournament season if they stay focused. They are shooting well and hustling right now. Big game at Greenfield friday night. Congrats Coach Johnson and the Lady Falcons on the win and go get'em friday.

Lake Co won over Humboldt tonight with the clock running in the 4th quarter by a score of 56-28..May not of been their best offensive game overall but tonight looked quicker as a team than any game I've seen this year..Maybe besides the Union City game..Everyone looked good on defense.A couple players,Shamone and Tiana impressed me with their speed.Tiana went to the basket on a couple drives and also broke up several passes..Shamone had some spin moves and brought the ball down the court against the press with some fine moves.She shot the ball well.Hit about 3 3 pointers in a row at one time..T.T. was everywhere.Looked like a jet coming up and down the court tonight.Lake Co led 50-14 at the end of 3..Very impressive overall tonight.

Edited by mrbigster

Union City lost at South Fulton 52-45...UC drops to 10-9 overall and 6-3 in 14A...

Looks like that opens the door to maybbe Greenfield to get the # 2 spot and opposite Lake Co in the tournament.I believe Greenfield and Union city are now tied in the loss column and both still have Lake Co .I imagine both still have Bradford and South Fulton could be a spoiler and also get in the mix.But could very well come down to Greenfield-Union City when they play each other could be the determining game.

Looks like that opens the door to maybbe Greenfield to get the # 2 spot and opposite Lake Co in the tournament.I believe Greenfield and Union city are now tied in the loss column and both still have Lake Co .I imagine both still have Bradford and South Fulton could be a spoiler and also get in the mix.But could very well come down to Greenfield-Union City when they play each other could be the determining game.

UC has split with Bradford and South Fulton and beat Greenfield in their first game..