Power District 14A

shockernation

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Glazed,

Just be glad you are not in 14A because Perry County would be playing for the #4 spot most years. Greenfield beat Perry County last year and we have never made it out of the boys district since they reclassified. So just beat your guys in 12A and take your chances in Murfresboro but I dont like your chances.

PC had y'all beat last year and you won with a full court luck shot. Its a win but on you'd be lucky to make that shot one out of twenty times.

PC had y'all beat last year and you won with a full court luck shot. Its a win but on you'd be lucky to make that shot one out of twenty times.

You might be right, but the point is that we fought you hard and we can't get out of our district most years. The level of competition is a bit different. Any objective person would agree.

LCwild, don't think it is a negative post but some legitimate questions. First as far as the player being on the bench late it may be a trust issue with him being a freshman don't know for sure. I know he has been out of control as well at times and turned it over. Not a practice every day couldn't say for sure. As far as the one ballhandler that turned it over late, true he should have given the ball up but you got to have him on the floor. He and Devon Jones in my opinion are the two hardest working guys on the floor. They play with tremendous effort and are the team's best rebounders. They are also good garbage men(pick up loose balls and get put backs) due to this effort.The biggest concern for the falcons has to be scoring. The are shooting about 45% from the field(2pt shots), 20% from 3 pt. range and 52% from FT line. Those numbers are not great and the falcons are winning on effort, hustle and defense right now. The problem is when two equal teams play and play hard the one that puts the ball in the basket more wins. As you said BOTH teams played hard but Humboldt executed better in the end. Everyone at the game got their money's worth and even though I am disappointed with the loss I am proud of the Falcons effort.Good job LC and regroup for the big district game at Greenfield Friday.

It was a hard fought game.Nothing wrong with losing if the effort is there and it definitely was.As for the player,that's why I think in my post earlier,nothing wrong with him being on the floor or if he is on the floor.Not the player to be handling the ball.I have been to most of the home games and a few of the tougher away games.In most of the close games,seems like he is always the player losing the ball.I believe Humboldt stole the ball at a critical play at Humboldt.Nothing against him.As for the team and the coaching.All good.I noticed when Lake Co had the ball the other night ,Lake Co was down by 5 points and the ball.I was wondering if Lake Co was going to shoot the ball quick or take the last shot.I thought either go in at the half down by 2 or 3 points if we hit a 2 or 3 pointer or at worst,still 5 points.Don't shoot quick and Humboldt come down and hit a shot and then be down by 7 and possibly 8.Lake Co shot with just seconds.Beleive we made it.Can't remember.But good coaching there.Had it been last year Lake Co would have came down and shot a quick terrible shot and probably been down worse then they should have.All in all.I'm pleased with what I see.

You might be right, but the point is that we fought you hard and we can't get out of our district most years. The level of competition is a bit different. Any objective person would agree.

Perry Co. wouldn't have any trouble in 14A. Most state appearances and most state titles. You can call us Titletown.

The only problem AKA is that last title was 1997!!All during football you got onto the Union City people for living in the past seems as if you are as well. When people brought up PC's football past the call to arms was the current team was what was improtant. What have you done for me lately?? Not alot as far as championships and the Vikings are tied with 2 others for overall championships with 6 so they are not alone at the top. Union City is 1 behind at 5,tied with others as well. So let's not rest on those laurals too much now. :thumb:

PC would have finished Top 2 in 14A last year.

They wouldn't have beat Humboldt or Union City and for sure wouldn't have beaten the Lake Co team that had Swift and Cody Taylor on it.Trenton beat Lake Co in overtime without those two players and after the Christmas break,both became eligible and Trenton couldn't get the ball inside.Beat Trenton by 30 to 40 points.Then they became ineligible and wasn't as good a team.But no way PC was a top 2 team last year.

It was a hard fought game.Nothing wrong with losing if the effort is there and it definitely was.As for the player,that's why I think in my post earlier,nothing wrong with him being on the floor or if he is on the floor.Not the player to be handling the ball.I have been to most of the home games and a few of the tougher away games.In most of the close games,seems like he is always the player losing the ball.I believe Humboldt stole the ball at a critical play at Humboldt.Nothing against him.As for the team and the coaching.All good.I noticed when Lake Co had the ball the other night ,Lake Co was down by 5 points and the ball.I was wondering if Lake Co was going to shoot the ball quick or take the last shot.I thought either go in at the half down by 2 or 3 points if we hit a 2 or 3 pointer or at worst,still 5 points.Don't shoot quick and Humboldt come down and hit a shot and then be down by 7 and possibly 8.Lake Co shot with just seconds.Beleive we made it.Can't remember.But good coaching there.Had it been last year Lake Co would have came down and shot a quick terrible shot and probably been down worse then they should have.All in all.I'm pleased with what I see.

flame away but coach Whitby team is 16 and 3 over at Fulton County.