Millington VS Arlington

trojanswars365

This game is all about pride. As bad as I hate it, it looks like we will not make the playoffs this year. I hope Bolton beats Cordova but I dont see it. If Millington can win this game it would be a great end to a rough season. We know the ball will be thrown just a little and that is our achilles heal. They will score points....will we score enough points off the run to keep up? Hope so....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree w/you more. This one is all about pride. This is the problem sometime when you have a very tough schedule. Whitestation is an example of this, they are 4-5 going into the last week. However, they will squeak into the playoffs with a win. While it appears Arlington has the clear advantage over Millington, anything is possible. I don't think Bolton can handle Cordova but I still think Cordova misses the playoffs as well. At any rate, Quad 4 will be very interesting with all 8 teams being very competitive from top to bottom. I wouldn't want to be the team having to play the number 7 or 8 seed, this could be very dangerous!

On another note, I don't know why TSSAA can't align districts to include the same class of schools. I think all 6A teams should be paired in the same district, as well as 5A, 4A, 3A, etc. For example why is Brighton not in the same district as Millington, Arlington, Bolton, Cordova - all 6A teams. Instead they are stuck in a district where they are the only 6A team. Doesn't make sense to me. Just sayin...

Couldn't agree w/you more. This one is all about pride. This is the problem sometime when you have a very tough schedule. Whitestation is an example of this, they are 4-5 going into the last week. However, they will squeak into the playoffs with a win. While it appears Arlington has the clear advantage over Millington, anything is possible. I don't think Bolton can handle Cordova but I still think Cordova misses the playoffs as well. At any rate, Quad 4 will be very interesting with all 8 teams being very competitive from top to bottom. I wouldn't want to be the team having to play the number 7 or 8 seed, this could be very dangerous!

On another note, I don't know why TSSAA can't align districts to include the same class of schools. I think all 6A teams should be paired in the same district, as well as 5A, 4A, 3A, etc. For example why is Brighton not in the same district as Millington, Arlington, Bolton, Cordova - all 6A teams. Instead they are stuck in a district where they are the only 6A team. Doesn't make sense to me. Just sayin...

Why not have an all city 6A division and all county 6A division and then a West Tn 6A division....it is based on money and political correctness...not common sense

This game is all about pride. As bad as I hate it, it looks like we will not make the playoffs this year. I hope Bolton beats Cordova but I dont see it. If Millington can win this game it would be a great end to a rough season. We know the ball will be thrown just a little and that is our achilles heal. They will score points....will we score enough points off the run to keep up? Hope so....

Mark, help out here. If we win we have a shot regardless of the Cordova game. We are one of about 4 or 5 wildcars left. Your losses records count toward strength.

GO TROJANS

I think Arlington will do some very unChristian things to Millington Friday Night.

I agree, Arilinton will beat the brakes off of Millington. These Millington people need to take a reality break, Cordova will stone Bolton. Arlington 42 to 14, if the game is at Arlington---Arlington 24 to 14, if the game is at Millington. Cordova 52 to Bolton 14, Boloton only slightly better than Ral.-Egypt.

If Millington wins and Bolton wins, the Trojans are in as the automatic qualifier. If Millington wins and Cordova wins, there is a 3 way tie with Arlington, Cordova and Millington and Arlington gets in by virtue of having the most wins (first tiebreaker).

If Millington wins, that gives them 5 wins and that puts them in the conversation as far as the wild card goes. The first tiebreaker is overall wins, followed by the number of teams on your schedule that have won 50% or more of their games and that is followed by your number of victories against those teams. Most of the tiebreakers are decided by this 2nd or 3rd tiebreaker.

If you look at the current playoff standings, the last 3 teams (Lincoln Co, White Station, Siegel) projected in as of right now all have 4 wins. If White Station wins, they will be the automatic qualifier from their district. If not, they probably don't make it in. Siegel plays a 2-7 Laverne team so they will probably get in. Lincoln Co plays a 6-3 Shelbyville team. Anything could happen in that game.

There are a number of 5 win teams as well. Some of those teams (Germantown, Oak Ridge, Jefferson Co) should win this week as they are playing lesser opponents and will get to 6 wins. Some of those teams (Soddy Daisy, Franklin Co) are playing tougher opponents and could still have only 5 wins after tonight's games.

The one wild card in all of this is Coffee County. Thanks to Tom Kreager from the Murfreesboro DNJ for seeing this. They have an overall record of 2-7 on the year but they are 2-1 in their district which is good enough for 2nd right now. If they win, they are in as the automatic qualifier. However, they do play the top team in the district in Cookeville so a win is unlikely there. Coffee Co also hold the tiebreaker with the team currently in 3rd place (Warren Co). What all 6A teams currently in the running for one of the last wild cards should hope for is that Coffee Co gets beat and that another team in that same district (White Co) wins their game. White Co is a 5A team and would finish 2nd in that district in a tiebreaker therefore freeing up a potential playoff spot.

Millington fans need to hope the following happens(other than the obvious of beating Arlington and Bolton beating Cordova): Mitchell beats White Station, Cookeville beats Coffee Co and White Co wins their game (freeing up one spot), Cleveland beats Soddy Daisy, Columbia beats Franklin Co, Shelbyville beats Lincoln Co, Southwind beats Houston and Memphis East beats Memphis Central. I would think that a number of these games could fall just how the Trojans want. All of them? I wouldn't bet the house on it. However, if Millington doesn't beat Arlington, it doesn't matter.

To the people posting that Arlington will smoke Millington... First of all look at how many points teams that are terrible have scored on Arlington. Arlingtons D is very suspect. Can Arlington stop Millingtons run game? The way it looks to me is no. Can Millington defend Arlingtons long passes?? It appears we cant but you never know what will happen when tyhe ball is in the air. Im thinking it will be close just as the craimont and cordova games were even though we gave those games away. Millington 27-21.

Terribly afraid that we will find Arlington loading the box against us. Question is..Will we be able to throw the football. If not, Arlington will have an easy night. Our pass defense is suspect to say the very least and Arlington does a nice job out of their spread running and throwing. Hoping we win but if I had to bet, Arlington should get the W. Very disappointing this year!