6A playoff brackets

my2cents

You are a funny guy. Most of the Ap votes are where? Do all these people see every team play? For that matter do they even see the teams they put in the top10 play? Rankings are a joke. I don't know about this "unnamed" website, but most of this is done by hype (recruits and history). The point being NONE, NONE...I say again NONE of this is anything more than opinion. More like a popularity contest, and since the majority of the population lives in the middle...there you go. Why do you think the middle has more state titles, I mean 2x as many teams, 2 quads...common on. I see nothing factual, just a bunch of subjective greatness, if not for one then for another...and it just goes on, on, you know it. And yeah it is funny :roflol:

your post are idiotic!

these are the dumbest post i've ever seen on Coach "T".

You either don't believe a word of what you are saying and are just trying to get people all jacked up, or you have been drinking way to much. FYI Warning: Drinking alot while you type makes you say stuff that is really foolish! Take a nap, 2 ibprofin, eat some solid food, a couple of strong cups of coffee and THEN get back on the computer! But this is so idiotic that is is :roflol::roflol::roflol:

right, my point was that Tommy called one school and got laughed at. This school is in the playoffs too, so its not like they are a weaker Memphis team. Actually, I challenge the 8 Memphis playoff teams to each schedule 1 team from Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Smyrna...heck I'll even toss Siegel to them as well for the next 2 seasons.

Hey guys...why don't we just skip the playoffs and give the trophy to District (you insert here) champions, because obviously they are the best in "YOUR" area and "YOUR" area is better than everyone else's, so lets save the time and money..we can do a competitve cake walk or something. Or maybe a contest to submit the best comment to the unrivialed awesomeness of middle TN football. Something tells me the later might...just might..shut down severs all over middle TN..so maybe that is not a good idea. :roflol:

your post are idiotic!

these are the dumbest post i've ever seen on Coach "T".

You either don't believe a word of what you are saying and are just trying to get people all jacked up, or you have been drinking way to much. FYI Warning: Drinking alot while you type makes you say stuff that is really foolish! Take a nap, 2 ibprofin, eat some solid food, a couple of strong cups of coffee and THEN get back on the computer! But this is so idiotic that is is :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Just stating facts there...dad. You, on the other hand, resort to name calling, no facts, which hurt my feelings. I don't expect you'll get any warning points though, because the website is run from pattonboysdad garage. :roflol:

yes Boise does. The middle is not Boise, they are Notre Dame. They are ranked and crowned every year. All they have to do is win 7-8 games against the same teams they play every year, and "POOF" they are state Champ contenders. The map, blah, blah. Who knows how these teams would fair in the West or the East. Why should you break up their Quad? Because "you" think the teams in it are better than eveyone else. Whether they are or they are not, there is no way to know, but it is a pretty arrogant assumption....especailly since the last title went to another Quad and they never were given a chance to win that game. All the middle, throwing out the greatness and invincibility of their Quads. Whatever...logic..will not work with people star struck by their neighborhood teams.

The map, blah blah, when you seed "Geographically" shouldn't you look at a map!?! And I was comparing Boise to the other areas of the state that don't play the tougher competition, not to the middle...come on. By the way, I think Boise is the best TEAM in the country right now, but that has nothing to do with their schedule.

To suggest the west is scared to play your teams is insulting. Based on your lack of a "name", we have no idea why they would laugh, unless of course they thought they would win. Also, to say, "and they're in the playoffs too!", so what does that mean? Is this supposed to mean that one of the top teams are scared or that it was a team who barely made it? The facts are the middle has the $$$ to go anywhere. I say fire up those BMWs and lets do it. You can't tell me, they can't make one game in the west if they really wanted it. OR maybe your right all of West TN is scared to play yall, we'll probably just forfeit to your greatness. The suggestion is funny though...I mean with Whitestation polishing that trophy and all. :rolleyes:

How many middle TN teams did White Station beat to win heir trophy?

OK OK, a certain 8-2 6A football team was called and asked about scheduling a home and home (yes, this means that Oakland would travel to Memphis, for a return game in Murfreesboro) and they were laughed at at the very idea they would think about playing a team the caliber of Oakland. You can believe it or not but it's the truth. It has happened several times across the state actually.

The map, blah blah, when you seed "Geographically" shouldn't you look at a map!?! And I was comparing Boise to the other areas of the state that don't play the tougher competition, not to the middle...come on. By the way, I think Boise is the best TEAM in the country right now, but that has nothing to do with their schedule.

How many middle TN teams did White Station beat to win heir trophy?

OK OK, a certain 8-2 6A football team was called and asked about scheduling a home and home (yes, this means that Oakland would travel to Memphis, for a return game in Murfreesboro) and they were laughed at at the very idea they would think about playing a team the caliber of Oakland. You can believe it or not but it's the truth. It has happened several times across the state actually.

So you say it is tougher, is that a fact or is it an opinion? How many teams from the west have they played?

And to the Whitehaven question, how many teams were in the tournment? How many of those teams lost to the runner up? Who won the title?

Oh so it is some how tainted because Whitestation didn't play in your district? Oh, that's right it is the awesomeness district... yep..logical. :unsure:

"OK OK, a certain 8-2 6A football team was called and asked about scheduling a home and home (yes, this means that Oakland would travel to Memphis, for a return game in Murfreesboro) and they were laughed at at the very idea they would think about playing a team the caliber of Oakland. You can believe it or not but it's the truth. It has happened several times across the state actually."

How do these guys get games scheduled? I mean no one wants to play them. Do they blackmail people, beg...say pretty please. The games must be short, because the way you are describing them, people are running from the field and stands during warmups. I feel sorry for them.. so good no one will play them...dang..life just isn't fair. :(

Edited by onefortheteam

So you say it is tougher, is that a fact or is it an opinion? How many teams from the west have they played?

And to the Whitehaven question, how many teams were in the tournment? How many of those teams lost to the runner up? Who won the title?

Oh so it is some how tainted because Whitestation didn't play in your district? Oh, that's right it is the awesomeness district... yep..logical. :unsure:

Actually Maryville beat 1 middle Tennessee team because of the way the playoffs are now set up. Tell me how many state championships Rutherford Co, let alone middle TN has in the past 8 years.

How do these guys get games scheduled? I mean no one wants to play them. Do they blackmail people, beg...say pretty please. The games must be short, because the way you are describing them, people are running from the field and stands during warmups. I feel sorry for them.. so good no one will play them...dang..life just isn't fair. :(

Lets see, Oakland is going to KY, Riverdale is going to KY next year, Franklin went to KY this year, Oakland and Smyrna are playing one of the best private school in the state. I'll tell you how they get people to play them, they play whoever will play them, they don't have many options under this playoff format. Anyone who didn't see scheduling would be a difficulty for the top teams when this playoff system came out just has no foresight at all. And it will get even worse. Hope the TSSAA likes it when the best teams end up paying smaller schools to come take a loss, like the NCAA. Talk about inflating your record, come have some money and give us a win, then we'll get in the playoffs. See it has already created a bad system. It's a GREAT system under 2 assumptions. #1 all districts are equal and #2 all non district schedules are equal. I think we would all agree these 2 things are not true. Therefore it's not a great system. By the way, let your coach know the invitation is open, I am sure you already have.

Randy

" It's a GREAT system under 2 assumptions. #1 all districts are equal and #2 all non district schedules are equal. I think we would all agree these 2 things are not true. Therefore it's not a great system. By the way, let your coach know the invitation is open, I am sure you already have."

No district can ever be equal to your's, in your eyes, it is impossible. I don't have a coach, nor am I one, but if I was we'd being playing Monday. You guys may be good, but no one is as good as you are descirbing, this is ridiculous. :roll:

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't schedule a TN team!

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't be beat,

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we are better than you dream,

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't be beat!

....Everybody now, common on middle, show your awesomeness... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist..this is cult-like behavior. :lol:

Oh and because of your awesomeness, tell your coach, he is running from West TN. He knows he can get a game, challenge him to do it. Then start up those Hummers and let's go.

Edited by onefortheteam

I'm a Maryville fan who is thankful we are in Quad #1 We will have an easier route to the State than those in Quad #3 and #4 (no disrespect to DB or Riverdale). It would have been more equitable to put Oakland, Blackman or Smyrna in Quad #2 along with Riverdale.

There will be some great games and excellent gates for the Middle Tn teams (more $$$$$ for TSSAA). Also if I understand the home/away rules. Whoever comes out of Quad #1 travels to the winner of Quad #2 If that's Riverdale you have another big $$$$ game in Middle Tn for the right to play in Cookeville.

Quad #3 seems to have the best top to bottom teams in the state. The argument will be justified only if the Quad #3 winner takes the State Title. If I am in Quad #3, I just simply view it as an eight team playoff for the State Championship and I enjoy every game as if it were the State Championship Game!

Edited by oldhick76

Randy

" It's a GREAT system under 2 assumptions. #1 all districts are equal and #2 all non district schedules are equal. I think we would all agree these 2 things are not true. Therefore it's not a great system. By the way, let your coach know the invitation is open, I am sure you already have."

No district can ever be equal to your's, in your eyes, it is impossible. I don't have a coach, nor am I one, but if I was we'd being playing Monday. You guys may be good, but no one is as good as you are descirbing, this is ridiculous. :roll:

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't schedule a TN team!

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't be beat,

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we are better than you dream,

We are so awesome, We are so awesome, we can't be beat!

....Everybody now, common on middle, show your awesomeness... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist..this is cult-like behavior. :lol:

What grade are you in? So, you would agree that all districts are equal? I am asking your opinion, not what you think mine is? How good is this team I am describing? And btw, white station better shine that ball up real good, because people like yourself wont care about it in 5 more weeks, like you obviously don't care about the past 8, just the past 1. So enjoy it for another month. I am done talking with you, you obviously can't show objectiveness, just look at the Maryville people, they know the truth about the way the Quads played out this year. Only think Memphis doesn't have to worry about it, they will always be west, so you could care less.

I'm a Maryville fan who is thankful we are in Quad #1 We will have an easier route to the State than those in Quad #3 and #4 (no disrespect to DB or Riverdale). It would have been more equitable to put Oakland, Blackman or Smyrna in Quad #2.

There will be some great games and excellent gates for the Middle Tn teams (more $$$$$ for TSSAA). Also if I understand the home/away rules. Whoever comes out of Quad #1 travels to the winner of Quad #2 If that's Riverdale you have another big $$$$ game in Middle Tn for the right to play in Cookeville.

Quad #3 seems to have the best top to bottom teams in the state. The argument will be justified only if the Quad #3 winner takes the State Title. If I am in Quad #3, I just simply view it as an eight team playoff for the State Championship and I enjoy every game as if it were the State Championship Game!

Its a shame Maryville will have to play DB before the semifinals though. Anyway, the Quad 3 winner isn't necessarily going to win it all. It's kinda like the reason NBA and MLB play series in the playoffs. In 1 game anything can happen, so just because you come out of the toughest Quad doesn't mean you will win your semi-final or championship game, just means you had the toughest road to get there and have proven yourself against those teams.