6A playoff brackets

my2cents

Maybe middle Tennessee has won so many championships because they've been able to play at home for so many years. If the BC Bowl were in Memphis or Johnson City every year the results might be a little different. Just a thought.

I hear what everyone is saying but the TSSAA cannot adopt a position that football in one region is superior to the others...they just can't do that, even if they believe it. They adopted a philosophy for quad alignment and have been pretty consistent since they started posting the potential quads. The only thing I saw that looked 'fishy' was the move of Maryville from quad 2 to quad 1. I never could figure out what changed from one week to the next on that one.

But they can adopt logic and math to realize the 4 quad system favors dramatically the middle of the state. They should use 2 brackets to even it out.

Maybe middle Tennessee has won so many championships because they've been able to play at home for so many years. If the BC Bowl were in Memphis or Johnson City every year the results might be a little different. Just a thought.

I hear what everyone is saying but the TSSAA cannot adopt a position that football in one region is superior to the others...they just can't do that, even if they believe it. They adopted a philosophy for quad alignment and have been pretty consistent since they started posting the potential quads. The only thing I saw that looked 'fishy' was the move of Maryville from quad 2 to quad 1. I never could figure out what changed from one week to the next on that one.

Something fishy huh , Sorry , but Riverdale Should be the last team complaining about these brackets .

The obvious thing here is you use opinion to draw conclusions. You are not interested in fairness. Yeah, we know, we are scared to play yall, because you would, NO doubt, dominate every year, all the time, forever and ever. You are embarrassing yourself with these outlandish statements. Arrogance is always the highest before the big spiral death spin.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ more and POST less. This whole argument is about fairness. Check my post on the quads I would have drawn up before you talk to me about fairness. I have NEVER said Middle TN teams would dominate West TN teams every year, all the time, forever and ever. Someone else did post that 15 of the past 20 champions are from middle tn, that my friend is not opinion, but FACTS that you choose to overlook. In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle. READ more, I will not reply to any more of your posts. I do understand that you are a relatively new member to CoachT, long time posters know my track record. BTW, you never told us your school....

Edited by randymc

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ more and POST less. This whole argument is about fairness. Check my post on the quads I would have drawn up before you talk to me about fairness. I have NEVER said Middle TN teams would dominate West TN teams every year, all the time, forever and ever. Someone else did post that 15 of the past 20 champions are from middle tn, that my friend is not opinion, but FACTS that you choose to overlook. In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle. READ more, I will not reply to any more of your posts. I do understand that you are a relatively new member to CoachT, long time posters know my track record. BTW, you never told us your school....

You did state your opinion as fact. You said and implied your teams were unbeatable.

Use logic and read yourself. Start with your post above. Specifically , this "In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle". How come their has never been an all East or all West final? Let me guess your reply, because they are not awesome like us..or maybe, because their district wasn't in a paper poll. But the fact is.....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE SYSTEM! This FACT, not opinion, is at the very least a contributing factor to your champion list and the "middle greatness".

As to not replying, I could care less, you know, I know and anyone who reads ALL of the posts knows. I do not expect you to concede any points, even though I have proven mine and you have used polls, paper articles and other fluff.

I don't have a school, I follow Arlington and a few others. Why this is of any relevence to the posts only you know? The discussion has revolved around your refusal to admit, that it is possible, middle tn is not the best every year and that the playoff system favors the middle of the state. But hey, you can lie to yourself if you want.

Also, as to your track record, what is it? You are always right or that you NEVER admit you could "possibily" be WRONG?

Goodluck this Friday.

Edited by onefortheteam

You did state your opinion as fact. You said and implied your teams were unbeatable.

Use logic and read yourself. Start with your post above. Specifically , this "In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle". How come their has never been an all East or all West final? Let me guess your reply, because they are not awesome like us..or maybe, because their district wasn't in a paper poll. But the fact is.....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE SYSTEM! This FACT, not opinion, is at the very least a contributing factor to your champion list.

As to not replying, I could care less, you know, I know and anyone who reads ALL of the posts knows. I do not expect you to concede any points, even though I have proven mine and you have used polls, paper articles and other fluff.

Goodluck this Friday.

Lets pretend your team is Whitehaven since you won't tell us. If Quad 4 bracket had Whitehaven(1 of the top 5 teams in the state) and the TSSAA decided to put Oakland, Smyrna, Brentwood, Blackman, Mount Juliet, Franklin in quad 4 with Whitehaven and move White Station into a quad with Collierville, Germantown, Lincoln County, Franklin County and Coffee County. How would you like that? Why is Whitehaven, who is obviously the best team in the Memphis area having to play a lot of the other top teams in the state while Memphis Melrose gets to play teams that barely made the playoffs. I don't expect a true answer from you.

Lets pretend your team is Whitehaven since you won't tell us. If Quad 4 bracket had Whitehaven(1 of the top 5 teams in the state) and the TSSAA decided to put Oakland, Smyrna, Brentwood, Blackman, Mount Juliet, Franklin in quad 4 with Whitehaven and move White Station into a quad with Collierville, Germantown, Lincoln County, Franklin County and Coffee County. How would you like that? Why is Whitehaven, who is obviously the best team in the Memphis area having to play a lot of the other top teams in the state while Memphis Melrose gets to play teams that barely made the playoffs. I don't expect a true answer from you.

Thank you for replying, since I will not....obviously I have stated my opinion as facts, and obviously the facts there have been several middle vs. middle finals are my opinion and not facts, and OBVIOUSLY I have implied that our teams are unbeatable, eventhough there is not a single unbeaten team among them (athough there are only 7 losses among quad 3 teams to teams that aren't in quad 3, and 1 being to a Ensworth)....these FACTS are seen by others as opinions. FACT that unapproved website found District 7AAA to be 8th toughest league in the country (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201010110318) but again, that's my opinion, I must have dreamt all this up. Does it guarantee us a state championship, of course not, does it make our teams better to play against each other. Same website happens to Rank all TN teams Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, Ensworth after Friday's games. Ridgeway checks in at #11 and Whitehaven #14. But that's all on paper.

Thank you for replying, since I will not....obviously I have stated my opinion as facts, and obviously the facts there have been several middle vs. middle finals are my opinion and not facts, and OBVIOUSLY I have implied that our teams are unbeatable, eventhough there is not a single unbeaten team among them (athough there are only 7 losses among quad 3 teams to teams that aren't in quad 3, and 1 being to a Ensworth)....these FACTS are seen by others as opinions. FACT that unapproved website found District 7AAA to be 8th toughest league in the country (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201010110318) but again, that's my opinion, I must have dreamt all this up. Does it guarantee us a state championship, of course not, does it make our teams better to play against each other. Same website happens to Rank all TN teams Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, Ensworth after Friday's games. Ridgeway checks in at #11 and Whitehaven #14. But that's all on paper.

You can't possibly be reading what I posted. I never said a middle vs. middle did not happen. I said this ""In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle". How come their has never been an all East or all West final? Let me guess your reply, because they are not awesome like us..or maybe, because their district wasn't in a paper poll. But the fact is.....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE SYSTEM! This FACT, not opinion, is at the very least a contributing factor to your champion list."

You have implied your teams could not be beaten by other areas. This IS opinion.

A website poll IS opinion.

Come on, man.

What are you thinking/reading????

Edited by onefortheteam

You can't possibly be reading what I posted. I never said a middle vs. middle did not happen. I said this ""In many of those years it was Middle vs Middle". How come their has never been an all East or all West final? Let me guess your reply, because they are not awesome like us..or maybe, because their district wasn't in a paper poll. But the fact is.....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE SYSTEM! This FACT, not opinion, is at the very least a contributing factor to your champion list."

You have implied your teams could not be beaten by other areas. This IS opinion.

A website poll IS opinion.

Come on, man.

What are you thinking/reading????

Don't think he ever implied that his teams could not be beat by anyone.

This is my "true" answer. Polls, rankings and other fluff is opinion, not fact. For the purpose of seeding, how can you use a poll to say teams that never played each other are better or worse than the other...you can't.

The playoff system is flawed, in the fact that EAST and WEST have to eliminate each other every year, BEFORE playing the middle "2"(a VERY IMPORTANT NUMBER TO NOTICE RANDY)bracket winners. Furthermore, (randy, that means there is more, keep reading)it is easy to see that the system is skewed to the middle. As Randy stated earlier and I quote "many years it has been middle vs. middle". How can it ever be EAST vs EAst or WEST vs. WEST? It can't, it is virtually impossible. This IS a contributing factor to the champion's list...now, now, I did NOT say it is the only reason for the middle winning more titles, I'm sure you can see the math here.

I understand you think it is unfair to have to play your teams, but how is it not unfair to other quads to assume they could not compete in your Quad? I mean do we know for a fact, that in any given year, any top team in D7 would dominate other districts? No, no we don't. The only fair way is 2 brackets 16 each, line it up where at least most teams play a different area opponent.

Edited by onefortheteam

Don't think he ever implied that his teams could not be beat by anyone.

He did, it is alot of reading, but he implied that D7, was no doubt the strongest all the time and that no one else really had a chance, that no one..no that people (specifically West TN and Arlington) are scared to play them and they have to go Kentucky to fill their schedule. I would say that sums up...unbeatable. There was more, but this is silly. He knows my points have been made and instead of being up front and admitting it, he resorts to "taking his ball and going home". :roflol:

Edited by onefortheteam

In reading this thread I find it really interesting how some are pitting middle versus west or east. Back in the bad ole days when the name Bradley Central meant something, it was only East versus West, and the brackets reflected that.

Today there has been a real shift in population, with the huge growth around Nashville which means more schools, and more athletes. Therefore is really simple to see why Middle Tennessee schools have gained a certain amount of dominence in recent years. That doesn't mean they can't be beat or that other areas won't have teams that a perfectly capable of winning it all.

That being said I would agree that Quad 2 is probably the weakest quad, top to bottom. I was totally surprised to see the Bears as #1 seed. I really expected to be 2 or 3 in the brackets. Bradley has had a good season but I have seen enough football over 35 to 40 years of watching HS football to figure that we will likely not make it out of our quad. Just don't expect a pushover.

So your saying....that the middle part of the state, who has 50% or more of the teams in the playoffs and 2 quads, have won more? IT is surprising that they have not won all of them. Every year they have 2 chances. East and West have to eliminate each other TO PLAY the middle 2 brackets. The middle is basically guarranteed a finalist every year.

Since you are clearly new to high school football, understand the quad system is a new creation. Before this most recent splt, you essentially had the teams in each section of the state go through their regions/or adjacent regions once again, before one of the teams in the middle part went East, one went West. When one from the middle played their counterparts (who did the same thing)on either end of the state, they invariably had one win the championship, often times at least one team from the middle part was in the championship game.

Traditionally, teams from the Western part of the state in this classification never made it past the semi-finals. Not conjucture, not hyperbole; fact. The fact that the middle portion of the state has won 15/20 underscores the point. The split is almost the same in the private classifications as well.

The number of schools in the area is irrelevant. More schools do not make better teams. The better teams end up in the semis and finals, no matter from where they come from. Matter of fact, the ONLY way you could've guaranteed having one team from the middle part of the state IN the finals each year was to have East vs. West,Middle vs. Middle.

Unfortunately, your attempt at logic is clouded by your regional emotionalism, not historical facts. Historical fact says that Memphis invariably turns out better basketball teams than the rest of the state. Where does your logic fit THAT one in? But don't believe me, ask a head coach. They'll say the same thing.