6A and 5A playoffs brackets released

mjuhb

a few notes on Bradley (and they have come a long way)...

2nd place in a very weak Dist 5

the only quality wins they have is Soddy Daisy and Polk Co

lost to 3A Loudon

1 of the lucky teams out of this TSSAA circus

do these first round match ups make since??

Coffee Co. at Bradley

Franklin at Oakland

i am an east tennessee guy, but if i am out of murfreesboro, i am in nashville this afternoon making them redo the 6A brackets

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute freaking joke!!! You reward Riverdale, and punish the others. The most ridiculous thing in all the brackets is a rematch of Gallatin/Hendersonville!!! THEY PLAYED LAST NIGHT!! Brentwood's reward for playing a brutal schedule is a 1st round game with Smyrna??? I dont get it

I totally agree with ya widetackle...Think i figured it out..there was 4000 + fans at the wave yard last nite to see the Hendersonville gallatin game...Its all about the money ...! The TSSAA gets part of the gate...

All valid points in this post. The Rutherford Co and Williamson Co match ups in the first round should not be happening. Why don't the T$$AA go ahead and have every team in the state be part of the playoffs and get it over with?

Maybe we should form a tea party?

I was thinking the other day, if they let everyone in, that's about the only way to make it fair about who gets in. And the tea party, if fans boycotted the 1st round of all playoff games, that's HALF the money, but not worth it to the kids...

It would send the message though.

And what message is that ? Getting a little tired of all the whining myself .... maybe next year we should just let Rutherford County play for the state championship and the rest of us will just play for second place ..... would that make you happy ?

Just to show how weak quad 2 is;

Brentwood the #8 team in quad 3 would be a #3 seed in quad 2. (#3 seed is probably about where they should be as they are a very good team capable of beating anybody)

Also 5 of the bottom 8 qualifying teams are in quad 2.

If you seeded the teams overall 1-32 using tssaa's on seeding criteria this is what you get:

Quad 1 #1,#4,#12,#17,#20,#21,#22,#27 Average seed - 15.5

Quad 2 #9,#16,#24,#26,#28,#29,#30,#32 Average seed - 24.25

Quad 3 #2,#3,#7,#11,#13,#14,#15,#18 Average seed - 10.375

Quad 4 #5,#6,#8,#10,#19,#23,#25,#31 Average seed - 15.875

Quad 1 looks pretty decent. Quad 4 looks pretty decent. Quad 2 looks very, very, very weak. Quad 3 looks very, very, very, strong. This all could have been fixed very easily just by moving 1 or 2 teams to balance out the power.

IF you move Blackman to quad 3 in place of Lincoln County. Then you get this:

Quad 2 #3,#9,#16,#24,#26,#28,#30,#32 Average seed - 21

Quad 3 #2,#7,#11,#13,#14,#15,#18,#29 Average seed - 13.625

You could also move Oakland to quad 2 in place of Riverdale. Then you get this:

Quad 2 #3,#7,#9,#24,#26,#28,#30,#32 Average seed - 19.875

Quad 3 #2,#11,#13,#14,#15,#16,#18,#29 Average seed - 14.75

Then the 4 quads average seed would be this:

Quad 1 15.5

Quad 2 19.875

Quad 3 14.75

Quad 4 15.875

This would be about as fair as you could get it and there would be very little difference in travel distance. Lincoln County would have to travel to Smyrna instead of Soddy Daisy. Coffee County would travel to Blackman instead of Bradley Central(actually closer).

Let me get this right, if someone from quad three gets in the state title game and wins it then they are the best team in the state, however, if one of those teams gets in and loses or none of those teams make it then it is because of the seeding? It is the playoffs, what do you want a cake walk, then be that much better than your oponents, people complain about the pitiful schools making the playoffs but when that someone has to play a good opponent then they get upset. IF the top two teams from each district made the playoffs, there would be some tough match ups in the first round. Get over it and settle in on the field.