Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

Before I respond to this comment let me establish the point that these teams should not even be playing each other this early. Two of the top teams in the state playing in the first round, really? Since when did 8-2 get you a 6 seed? Alright that's enough let me move on to the game...

Franklin is really weak? Hmmmm...they lost to a Brentwood team by 3 points in a game in which they comitted 5 turnovers. The same Brentwood team Oakland needed a last-second touchdown to beat. Yeah, looks like a real big talent differential there. The strengths of the two teams are Franklin's passing game (388 yards against a solid Brentwood defense) against Oakland's power running game. I think it will be a very close game and whoever commits less turnovers will win.

Seldom do people brag about teams they lost to, unless they beat no one on their own, but I see ya point. If you rely on how competitive other teams are to gauge how you will compete, your grasping for straws! I will be rooting for you, but if you don't play you best game all year. You will get crushed! Oakland is nasty and will stomp you into a mud hole if you don't come out and punch'em in the mouth early. :popcorneater:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Franklin,

Welcome to big boy football. My prediction. Franklin will score some points but Oakland overpowers them in the long run. Too much size and speed. Don't forget the MacDaniel/Crawford factor either.

P.S. Final rushing stats for Franklin the other night against Brentwood were 78 yards. I think you'll have even a harder time running the ball against Oakland and if the game gets 1 dimensional, look out.

Franklin can go ahead and plan their football banquet. You will be free starting the second week in November. Oakland wins this one with ease. Big numbers for Mayberry. Mitchell will troll the secondary all night like a one man wrecking crew. Dont forget about the passing game. It is real good also. Go Pats!!!

Havent seen either team play this year but I have followed Franklin and I hear a lot about Oakland as a friend of mine is a first year coach there. I think Oakland will pull this one off based on their regular season schedule. Oakland plays in a better district and played tougher non-district opponents. The toughest team Franklin played this year was Brentwood and from what I've heard from several people at the game the final score doesnt tell the whole story.

I would love to see Franklin pull this one out but I truly believe Oakland is too much for the Rebels this week.

P.S. Final rushing stats for Franklin the other night against Brentwood were 78 yards. I think you'll have even a harder time running the ball against Oakland and if the game gets 1 dimensional, look out.

In the words of the immortal Bill Boner...."I think I'm gonna call a foul on" ibiii for replying to his own reply. That will be 15 yards from the spot of the reply and it's still first down. :popcorneater:

I have decided not to respond to anyone and just talk about my Rebels. When I respond to posts and give my opinion then people like Mr. Hogan and ibiii decide that it is open season on me. I love Football and I love my Rebels. What is wrong with me saying what I believe. I said I was wrong. Our Defense did not dominate as they had all season long. Brentwood had way too many big plays. We could not stop the running game and then when we did they just went deep on us. :( Well all of that said the game was still a 3 point game and we had 4 or 5 turnovers. So, I say we don't turn the ball over we probably win. So, I am looking at this game the same way. No turnovers and the Rebels win. Turnovers and the Rebels lose!

That is all I have to say. I will do a prediction later in the week.

In all honesty, as much as i hate Franklin losing to Brentwood, Franklin got the better end of the deal!

I don't think I agree but not really sure where you're coming from. Apparently, Brentwood was no better than an 8 seed regardless of the outcome of the game. If Franklin had won, would their seeding not be better? Could they have been the 4 seed with a home game vs. Mt. Juliet or McGavock? I don't know - just aksing.

And, of course, the players at Brentwood and Franklin would both vehemently disagree with your statement. (I know you weren't making that point.)

I don't think I agree but not really sure where you're coming from. Apparently, Brentwood was no better than an 8 seed regardless of the outcome of the game. If Franklin had won, would their seeding not be better? Could they have been the 4 seed with a home game vs. Mt. Juliet or McGavock? I don't know - just aksing.

And, of course, the players at Brentwood and Franklin would both vehemently disagree with your statement. (I know you weren't making that point.)

After making my post I realized, had Franklin won they would have been 9-1 and would have been ranked better. Whose to say though with the way that TSSAA is seeding teams this year that they would have had a better matchup? Anyway we look at it you have to beat the best to be the best. It still doesnt make sense that a District Champ is an 8 seed. This is why the TSSAA should not do seedings based on wins. If they continue to do it this way then regular season games are going to turn into cup cake games and high quality teams will not play other high quality teams.

What i was thinking when I said that Franklin got the better end of the deal was based on their current matchups Franklin got the more favorable one. Still dont believe either Franklin or Brentwood will win, but like i said earlier, theres always hope.

In the words of the immortal Bill Boner...."I think I'm gonna call a foul on" ibiii for replying to his own reply. That will be 15 yards from the spot of the reply and it's still first down. :popcorneater:

Atleast you didn't eject me from the game!!! I should have been less lazy and edited my original post. Crap - back to the JV again........ :twisted:

Franklin can go ahead and plan their football banquet. You will be free starting the second week in November. Oakland wins this one with ease. Big numbers for Mayberry. Mitchell will troll the secondary all night like a one man wrecking crew. Dont forget about the passing game. It is real good also. Go Pats!!!

Job milo, I likie. Which reminds me I still need $20.00 from each parent for banquet and trophies. And please remember we are proud to offer this year for the first time you childs trophy to read "Team MVP" for an additional $5.00! :popcorneater: