Obion Central @ Ripley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Rebels will be fine Friday night. while I don't like them playing the same team 2 weeks in a row, last week definitely was not a fluke. You don't get a fluke win by 29 points. I do not expect the same point difference, but I do expect the Rebels to come out on top again. Ripley will make some adjustments I'm sure, and this will be a closer game. The Rebels have to maintain the level of play they had last week on both sides of the ball, with some improvement on pass defense. The pass defense scheme was good, but Ripley still managed to get some receivers open deep. Their primary receiver may have better hands this week and could pose a serious threat if not kept under wraps. That said, Ripley has to overcome some execution hurdles to knock off OC. With the athletes they have, they can give any team nightmares if they can execute. And, they cannot continue to be outcoached. I love the "wild thing" offense that they run, but I think it would have been a closer game last week if they had gone to jet sweeps and primarily a run game. Their plays are fun to watch and can be unreal to scheme for.

Hopefully, OC will have to scheme for someone else come Saturday morning. Again, I'll take the Rebels by 10 points. GO REBELS!!!

OC/RipleyII........

I am not sure if this is what everyone had in mind with the "new" playoff system, but OC fresh off a solid win over Ripley, begins the playoffs at.......Ripley. Oh well, I have heard some talking about not wanting to play the same team two weeks in a row, and while I somewhat agree with that, I think OC will be fine. I have heard talk about Ripley having film of last weeks game to prep for this week, and that too is true, but you know, OC has film of the same game, and I am interested to see what Coach Jackson and his staff do with that film in reguards to this weeks match-up. This is a good Riley ball club, and we all know that, but to be honest, OC is a very good bunch themselves. OC has improved all year, and are night and day better than they were when they played...oh say Crockett earlier in the season. OC must bring the "A" game, not only Friday, but every game from here on out. The football program at OC has been up and down, mostly down for many, many years, but this group, and these coaches seem to have really turned a corner. Attitude is a key, and the attitude at OC has changed, which having been in the press box for alot of years, has been so much fun to watch happen. Here is to seeing a HUGE part of Rebelnation in Ripley Friday night, and to a Rebel WIN!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorneater:

Edited by VOREBS

VOREBS, I agree. Film will not help Ripley against the OC offense. The reason there are so many receivers with catches, a different key receiver each week, is that the offense is built to adapt to coverage. Some nights the middle is open, some nights the flats, some nights the screens, and some nights the run. OC just has to be consistent in executing the game plan. Turnovers and poor execution are killers for every team. If the Rebels avoid those, they will play again next week.

Weaks burned the Tigers last Thursday night and if they put that linebacker out there on him again he will do it again...If they try to key on Weaks the Tigers will get introduced to McGrew, Cary and Ward...Fair should have another good night running the ball...I don't know if he will get another 200 or not but with that kid's heart I wouldn't bet against him...I'd say Ripley saw roughly 1/6 of the Rebel offense last Thursday night...The key to this game will be the defense, field position and turnovers...I don't see the Rebels confused like they were early in the game with those gimmick formations...I'd say the coverage confusion that almost led to touchdowns by 81 will be fixed...I think kicking away from their best players is also smart and will be done again...Ripley will be fired up and the Rebels will have to weather their early emotion..An early TD by the Rebs may effectively quiet this bunch down as they looked like they were ready for roundball season at times out there Thursday night...Don't let them hang around...Put a foot on their throat and take their will to play from them early....

Bring the whole family out Friday night...Show these young men the support they deserve..Come early and bring the noise....

stinks for ripley to have a slew of athletes and get beat by non athletes /

The OC Rebels will have to muster up a repeat of their Week 10 effort to advance in the Class 4A Playoffs...

The Rebels will travel to Ripley to face a team that they just beat Thursday night in Troy by the score of 44-15....

The Rebels dominated the game in the second half by allowing only one Ripley first down and outscoring the Tigers 28-0...

The Rebels LaDevin Fair had a huge night rushing for 236 yards on 29 carries after being questionable for the game after a sternum injury he suffered in the Gibson County game a week earlier...The Rebs passing attack was on target as well as Trey Phipps passed for 186 yards on 16 for 24 passing...

The Rebs have a 2000 yard passer (Phipps is 162-261 for 2228 yards and 18 TDs..He has been picked 8 times) and a 1000 yard rusher (Fair has 1031 yards on 160 carries and 15 rushing TDs)..The Rebs also have 5 receivers with over 20 catches for over 260 yards...

stinks for ripley to have a slew of athletes and get beat by non athletes /

Whatever.......you know, Ripley does have alot of athletes, no doubt, but OC has athletes, who do what the game plan calls for, and if you think they are non athletes, well, not really worth the effort. OC will have to contain the athletes from Ripley on "D", and they did a good job of that last week. Ripley never really looked like they could stop OC's offense, and will a week change that very much, I doubt it. P&G, you are right, they can't cover #17 with a LB, if they try, BIG NIGHT for Weaks. Looking for an OC WIN Friday night!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Well the plot thickens....

Excerpts from an article in today's edition of The Messenger....

Revenge on OC vowed by Ripley

Al Pellegrino did not hesitate nor mince his words.

“There will be a different outcome,†the Ripley head coach said when asked to assess Friday night’s rematch between his Tigers and Obion County Central in the Class 4A state playoffs.

"We weren’t ready to play and we had no focus."

"There will not be a 30-something point outcome this week"

It's bad enough to bring a 10th ranked team into a place and play a bunch that is 4-5 and get outscored 38-0 after taking 15-7 lead but why add fuel to the fire ??...I'd argue with Pellegrino about his team not being ready to play...They did afterall lead for all but the last couple of minutes of the first half...Now after OC started handing it to them they did start to look more and more out of focus...I'll concede that to him...As for it not being a 30-something point outcome this time around...I don't care if it's a one point outcome just as long as OC is the team ahead at the final horn...

Read the whole article at :

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=48172

Well the plot thickens....

Excerpts from an article in today's edition of The Messenger....

Revenge on OC vowed by Ripley

Al Pellegrino did not hesitate nor mince his words.

“There will be a different outcome,†the Ripley head coach said when asked to assess Friday night’s rematch between his Tigers and Obion County Central in the Class 4A state playoffs.

"We weren’t ready to play and we had no focus."

"There will not be a 30-something point outcome this week"

It's bad enough to bring a 10th ranked team into a place and play a bunch that is 4-5 and get outscored 38-0 after taking 15-7 lead but why add fuel to the fire ??...I'd argue with Pellegrino about his team not being ready to play...They did afterall lead for all but the last couple of minutes of the first half...Now after OC started handing it to them they did start to look more and more out of focus...I'll concede that to him...As for it not being a 30-something point outcome this time around...I don't care if it's a one point outcome just as long as OC is the team ahead at the final horn...

Read the whole article at :

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=48172

The extra little "quotes' to add all over the fieldhouse before thr Rebels travel South. This just goes to show us all that this coach really better becareful on what and how he says things. His foot is in his mouth now for sure and may come out the other end come the final seconds of the rebels game this Friday.

Go Rebels, make this your first win of many this playoff season. Bring back a little more purple to troy...but from a different field! Ha!...Good luck guys. We ALL want the Rebel "W".