Obion Central @ Ripley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else run into those Ripley fans that were parked behind the end zone talking trash as OC fans went by? Not kids but supposed adults. One woman was giving it back to them pretty good though. It was a tough pill to swallow losing last night, but that could be a great motivating factor in the off season. This will be the fourth year in Coach Jackson's system. The offense should be really good next year. They finished the year averaging 33 points a game which is outstanding. Like P&G said, find a defense and you've got a really good team next season.

After all, what else would you expect from folks at Ripley ? The coach had already brought bags of cut grass from their ( Ripley ) practice field the week before and dumped on Rebel field before the game. That is just the kind of folks they are...They will meet their match, just give them time. Just shouws what their coach is teachng down there and looks / sounds like it is carring over to the adults. I know it made it harder leaving the stadium that night after the game but the Rebels following were much much better fans by walking by and doing the damage come game time next year.

Edited by UCGRAD

After all, what else would you expect from folks at Ripley ? The coach had already brought bags of cut grass from their ( Ripley ) practice field the week before and dumped on Rebel field before the game. That is just the kind of folks they are...They will meet their match, just give them time. Just shouws what their coach is teachng down there and looks / sounds like it is carring over to the adults. I know it made it harder leaving the stadium that night after the game but the Rebels following were much much better fans by walking by and doing the damage come game time next year.

They will get blown out next Friday...

They will get blown out next Friday...

Thats what everybody said last week.I am not from ripley, but you guys must be the sorest losers i have every seen.You got beat,let it go!!!. By the way the last time i went to a ballgame at the LOG DUMP yall call home it was pretty rude up there also. As for next week they might lose, they might win. But one thing for sure they beat yall, and are the last 4a team left from 13 4a still playing. So i am pulling for them even if they did beat us to.

Thats what everybody said last week.I am not from ripley, but you guys must be the sorest losers i have every seen.You got beat,let it go!!!. By the way the last time i went to a ballgame at the LOG DUMP yall call home it was pretty rude up there also. As for next week they might lose, they might win. But one thing for sure they beat yall, and are the last 4a team left from 13 4a still playing. So i am pulling for them even if they did beat us to.

It's been awhile since you have been to Rebel Field I take it...

As far as facilities go in the 4A part of 13AA, OC has the best, in my opinion...The only thing not so good is the visitor's dressing room but opposing teams don't need to be comfortable anyway...As far as the 3A teams in the district go Martin Westview is hard to beat...Of course their facilities are UTM's facilities...Long story short, Obion Central has greatly improved their facilities over the last 8 years or so...

By the way...Me thinking Ripley will get blown out doesn't make me a sore loser...I don't think OC would have beaten Kingsbury either...I thought Kingsbury was going to blow out Crockett County as well because they (Cavaliers) are so one dimensional...People looked at their record and discounted them on that alone...That was and will be a huge mistake going forward...

The Rebels season has come to an end.

Ripley 34

OCCHS 28

With 9 minutes and change...the Rebels were down 34 to 15 and made a game out of it. Turnovers killed the Rebels. Ripley had a chance to score once more around the 9 minute mark but didn't and let the Rebels back into the game. Ripley couldn't finish the Rebels off and turned over the ball a few times late in the game.

This game will be on their minds for the rest of the year. I just hope some of the kids didn't have the mind set that it was going to be another "W" but kids are kids. Keep you head up folks. Give coach Jackson more time. He has the program heading right.

No matter how good you are...beat a team that is decent one week and expect to beat them again 7 days later on their turf is hard. Mistakes didn't help out as well. Decent seaon overall for the Rebels...should have one at least one maybe two more games. Should haves and could haves are the past. The Rebels need to continue their building a good program. You heading in the right direction...keep it up. You have come a long way in two years.

I really think the TSSAA has a playoff formate that sucks. The Rebels should NOT have had to play Ripley in the playoffs first round as just completed playing them in the regular season game. Westview as well...they win their district and have to travel and will not ever host a home field game this year. NOT Right...not right at all. But it is what it is. I have a feeling they will tweak the format even more.

The Rebels end their season at 5 - 6. Not bad but overall...they played well aginst Westview, Crocket Co. Deep down, their district is down from top to bottom with NO true leader. I predict Liberty Magnet to go to the championship game now. They are the team to beat.

Good year for the rebels! :thumb:

Watching the two Missouri teams that beat OC this season....They are in the second round of the playoffs...

(11-0) Sikeston is beating (10-1) Cape Central 27-0 in the third period...The Bulldogs beat the Tigers earlier in the season at SEMO 21-0....I believe the 8 point game (42-34) the Rebels played Sikeston is the closest game the Bulldogs have played so far...