8-2 will get you a #4 seed, WOW!

futbolfan

Your eventually going to have to play another district opponent anyway, so what does it matter if it is 1st round or 2nd?

When more playoff games = more money for your program, you see why it does indeed matter if you play them 1st round or 2nd round, and if they are at home or on the road....

there are definitely flaws in the system, but hey, there is 32 teams in the playoffs and all 31 have 0 points right now. To be a state champion, you are going to have to beat someone, I played when two teams per district (kentucky) went to the playoff, 8-2 and your season was over, if you are the better team then you will win. IT WILL BE SETTLED ON THE FIELD.

Edited by the prophet

Henry County had to play a district opponent in the first round last year, and they will again this year. I agree, this system is a joke.

Swarm...why are you complaining about the system?...HC had a gift from the "football gods" last year and was unable to capitalize on it...likewise, the Quad's could not be more favorable for HC this year...and you don't like the system??....why??

The brackets are drawn up based on several criteria with wins and the strength of opponents that you have played as the overriding factor. It's a very simple process. If you win your games then your seeding will take care of itself. There is absolutely no subjectivity to the seeding process. It is merely a matter of numbers. If you take time to look at the TSSAA weekly playoff standings you will find that is the case. I'm certainly not here to defend the TSSAA but the current playoff criteria is without bias. If you end up having to play someone in your district, area, quadrant, etc., that you feel is unfair, then go back and look at who you beat and who you lost to versus your playoff competitor.

Best of luck to all the teams and here's hoping that no one has any serious injuries!

Edited by baconbreath

:thumb:

The brackets are drawn up based on several criteria with wins and the strength of opponents that you have played as the overriding factor. It's a very simple process. If you win your games then your seeding will take care of itself. There is absolutely no subjectivity to the seeding process. It is merely a matter of numbers. If you take time to look at the TSSAA weekly playoff standings you will find that is the case. I'm certainly not here to defend the TSSAA but the current playoff criteria is without bias. If you end up having to play someone in your district, area, quadrant, etc., that you feel is unfair, then go back and look at who you beat and who you lost to versus your playoff competitor.

Best of luck to all the teams and here's hoping that no one has any serious injuries!

Sorry, but you make way too much sense to post on this topic. :thumb:

I agree with you about the criteria and everyone being seeded properly. I just believe that the quads have the wrong teams in them. I think that when you have 4 teams in quad one with the same record as the number one seed in quad 2, you can move a team that may be 2 miles closer to quad 2 into quad 2. as for quad one and two i think moving knox west to quad 2 and knox catholic to quad 1 would even out everything. I understand what you mean that you have to beat everyone to be champs but it is harder playing tough teams week in week out and then having to go play another tought team like Columbia, such as someone from quad one would have to do, rather than someone like Columbia whom will have a cake walk, before having to face a team from quad . TSSAA has definatley given an advantage to Columbia. They have set it up perfectly for them.

there are definitely flaws in the system, but hey, there is 32 teams in the playoffs and all 31 have 0 points right now. To be a state champion, you are going to have to beat someone, I played when two teams per district (kentucky) went to the playoff, 8-2 and your season was over, if you are the better team then you will win. IT WILL BE SETTLED ON THE FIELD.

If there are 32 in the playoffs and 31 of them dont have any points right now, which team does have points right now? :shock:

If there are 32 in the playoffs and 31 of them dont have any points right now, which team does have points right now? :shock:

Alcoa, if you don't believe me go watch Sweetwater warm up for the 1st round match up at alcoa, I guarantee you that Alcoa is up at 2 touchdowns before the opening kick off. lol

If this is true then why is Anderson County rated ahead of the 2 and 3 seeds from quad 2 on the latest TSSAA rankings. That is the whole problem, they are ranked ahead of those 2 other teams. So you want to say there is no subjectivity then this wouldn't be the case. If you say it is on travel, then again you are incorrect because catholic is in the top of that 2nd quad bracket, and they are only 20 minutes apart, and travel time is basically the same to these other schools based on their proximity to interstates traveled.