OR@Cookeville

SweetScience

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is very interesting to me. Neither team really knows their opponent very well and they haven't played any common teams. I may have to give the edge to Cookeville just because it is home? I hope its just a clean and good game to watch for both teams. Playoffs isn't always about who is the better team, it is who plays better on that one night!

This game is very interesting to me. Neither team really knows their opponent very well and they haven't played any common teams. I may have to give the edge to Cookeville just because it is home? I hope its just a clean and good game to watch for both teams. Playoffs isn't always about who is the better team, it is who plays better on that one night!

anybody have any clue if this game is gonna be televised on oak ridges local channel? thanks in advance!

From watching our game with them and their stats from other games

Offensively, Cookeville likes to run. They pass very little. They have two backs in Martin and Bush that are both going to make the all district team. Martin gets more noteriety but Bush is a good high school back that plays really hard. If they dont turn it over you can expect around 24 points out of them offensively. They may get another touch off special teams, but as far as I know their special teams are average.

Defensively, they will play assignment football and are good against the run, but they are suceptable against the pass. We threw on them off of playaction fairly easily. Their DBs are small and not great athletically. Not bad players, but none of them will be filling a D1 roster anytime soon.

Coach J is a good coach and he will definately have his boys ready to play. They will do their jobs on every play and you have to be focused on assignment football every play or you are gonna lose.

Not knowing much about Oak Ridge except for the stats I have seen on unapproved website, this game looks like it should be vvvveeeeerrrrryyyyyy close. It appears you try to throw is but aren't great at it. You can run the ball some, and you can play defense pretty well.

The game seems almost like a push to me. Cookeville by 3 because its at home.