Cleveland vs Lawrence county

blueraiders22

Back several years ago when they had bowl games, Cleveland would be district champs and head to head meetings would count. Being district champs now don't figure in the playoff system.

Binns............since you have jumped over here on the LCHS/CLEVELAND post what are your thoughts on this delema? According to the TSSAA rules, which team won the District 5AAA championship? I know you will give a straight answer and you being a Tullahoma fan and radio "STAR" I figure you would know how the rule reads as good as anyone and if you don't really know I also know you have some friends that work for the TSSAA that might be able to clarify this arguement. I know this has nothing to do with the playoff game but it has gotten interesting that so many people seem to be reading this tie breaking rule differently. I for one believe Bradley Central is the Champs according to the new TSSAA rules. In the past, I understand that Cleveland would be the champs. A little help here if you can.

Clearly that was back years ago and not now, so tell me this instead if going on about how district champs count and bowl games blah blah.....tell me who you think will win this Friday night and why you think you're right..after all, this is what the forum is about

Of course I think LCHS will take this one! They do have a good defense and run the ball well. I thought Tullahoma shut LCHS down better than anyone this year but I also think LCHS could have done a better job attacking T'towns defense. The pass defense has not been bad until T'town went to the spread and then it was a little unstable for a couple quarters. If Cleveland does a good job stopping what LCHS wants to do they always seem to have trouble countering what the defense is doing. It always seems to take them way to long to make an adjustment. I must say that LCHS likes to hit as hard as any team I have seen this year! With that statement, they sometimes get a little to aggressive and get flagged. They must play a hard, penalty free game to win. From what I have heard it seems Cleveland has a little trouble stopping the run. That could be bad if LCHS finds this weakness and stays with what is working! LCHS usually packs the house so Cleveland must be ready for a hostile environment! I could say that about all the District 8AAA teams though. We love our District 8AAA teams and I for one hope they all win! Go LCHS

I'm not quite sure why everyone is still arguing about who won the district and playoff seeding. It is what it is and this friday night it will be LC vs cleveland. so cleveland might want to focus on that instead of wondering if they won district because that no longer matters anymore. Its playoff time

No worries....our coaches and football boys are focused on doing what they need to do to beat LC. I have not heard one thing from them about the championship. This was something that was being discussed by the fans/parents/non-fans.

Your right at this point the title doesnt matter in what we are trying to accomplish next. But ultimately it does matter. It matters to those boys who have busted their butts since last year to have a better record than 3-7. They have worked hard to get better and we just want them to get the title that they deserve. Nothing wrong in that.

As for what we need to do on Friday, we have got to shut down the run game. This has been a weakness for us but I think our boys will do fine on Friday. Go Raiders!! :hungry:

No worries....our coaches and football boys are focused on doing what they need to do to beat LC. I have not heard one thing from them about the championship. This was something that was being discussed by the fans/parents/non-fans.

Your right at this point the title doesnt matter in what we are trying to accomplish next. But ultimately it does matter. It matters to those boys who have busted their butts since last year to have a better record than 3-7. They have worked hard to get better and we just want them to get the title that they deserve. Nothing wrong in that.

As for what we need to do on Friday, we have got to shut down the run game. This has been a weakness for us but I think our boys will do fine on Friday. Go Raiders!! :hungry:

If stopping the run is a weakness for you' you are going to have a looonnnnggg nite at lawrenceburg.

Eh, I still think our boys will be fine. But hey, I'm a little biased :D

I would say that could be the understatement of the year!! I think it is great to be loyal to your team! :thumb: I guess you will be making the trip over Friday night? How will the team be traveling and what time will they have to leave? I figure its a good 3 hour 45 min bus ride if its a minute.

Edited by fballfan101

I would say that could be the understatement of the year!! I think it is great to be loyal to your team! :thumb: I guess you will be making the trip over Friday night? How will the team be traveling and what time will they have to leave? I figure its a good 3 hour 45 min bus ride if its a minute.

We will be making the trip and I think the team will be leaving early Friday morning. I assume they will be taking a charter bus. I think its about a 3 1/2 hour trip by car and about 4 by bus.

We will be making the trip and I think the team will be leaving early Friday morning. I assume they will be taking a charter bus. I think its about a 3 1/2 hour trip by car and about 4 by bus.

If LC brings it Friday night, that will be the longest ride home those boys will have in their lives....just saying

Of course I think LCHS will take this one! They do have a good defense and run the ball well. I thought Tullahoma shut LCHS down better than anyone this year but I also think LCHS could have done a better job attacking T'towns defense. The pass defense has not been bad until T'town went to the spread and then it was a little unstable for a couple quarters. If Cleveland does a good job stopping what LCHS wants to do they always seem to have trouble countering what the defense is doing. It always seems to take them way to long to make an adjustment. I must say that LCHS likes to hit as hard as any team I have seen this year! With that statement, they sometimes get a little to aggressive and get flagged. They must play a hard, penalty free game to win. From what I have heard it seems Cleveland has a little trouble stopping the run. That could be bad if LCHS finds this weakness and stays with what is working! LCHS usually packs the house so Cleveland must be ready for a hostile environment! I could say that about all the District 8AAA teams though. We love our District 8AAA teams and I for one hope they all win! Go LCHS

Cleveland's defense has been very weak at times this year. You never know which Cleveland team will show up, If the cleveland team that us cleveland fans know show up then it could be a very close game. But if the one that played against soddy last week shows up then its going to be a very long game. It will be very intersting to see what happens. When the Chad voytik to B.J. Davis connection is on, nobody can stop those two. The offense will be ok, Slaughther just has to wake up the defense and do it fast

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

Per the handbook from the above link: If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

Bradley and Cleveland would be tied and we have beaten them; thus, making us #1.

This is a VERY interesting scenerio in the "new" handbook. My take on this is that "head to head" doesn't mean anything when using the tie breaker system put in place by the TSSAA. When you have two or more teams tied with the same district record you have to follow the "tie-breaking procedures" in the handbook. There are 7 tie-breaking procedures that should seperate the tied teams. As you go down the list of these 7 tie-breakers, "If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a playoff position, that team shall be rated above the others". This sentence means that you don't have to go thru EVERY tie-breaking procedure to find a winner. Once a team beats all other teams that are tied, they are rated above the other tied teams.

The first tie-breaking procedure is best overall record. In This first criteria, Bradley beats Cleveland and such is rated above Cleveland. There is no reason to move down the list of tie-breaking procedures because one team, Bradley, has broken the tie by winning the first criteria. This means Bradley is #1 in the district. Now does that mean Bradley is the distric Champs? I can't answer that, but based on the TSSAA handbook and their own published district standings it would appear that Bradley is #1 in the district and Cleveland is runner-up!

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

Per the handbook from the above link: If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

Bradley and Cleveland would be tied and we have beaten them; thus, making us #1.

This is a VERY interesting scenerio in the "new" handbook. My take on this is that "head to head" doesn't mean anything when using the tie breaker system put in place by the TSSAA. When you have two or more teams tied with the same district record you have to follow the "tie-breaking procedures" in the handbook. There are 7 tie-breaking procedures that should seperate the tied teams. As you go down the list of these 7 tie-breakers, "If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a playoff position, that team shall be rated above the others". This sentence means that you don't have to go thru EVERY tie-breaking procedure to find a winner. Once a team beats all other teams that are tied, they are rated above the other tied teams.

The first tie-breaking procedure is best overall record. In This first criteria, Bradley beats Cleveland and such is rated above Cleveland. There is no reason to move down the list of tie-breaking procedures because one team, Bradley, has broken the tie by winning the first criteria. This means Bradley is #1 in the district. Now does that mean Bradley is the distric Champs? I can't answer that, but based on the TSSAA handbook and their own published district standings it would appear that Bradley is #1 in the district and Cleveland is runner-up!

You might as well give up! The Cleveland fans will not except what is plainly written it the handbook! Humor them and lets just say they are the Champs! The rest of the state really knows.