Cleveland vs Lawrence county

blueraiders22

The TSSAA Handbook only applys to the playoff seeding, not district championships. Only the district records apply to the district championship. Both teams had one loss in the district. cleveland beat bradly so cleveland is district champs. Cleveland is the district champs!

Read the handbook! It says to determine the district. Read people!!

You might as well give up! The Cleveland fans will not except what is plainly written it the handbook! Humor them and lets just say they are the Champs! The rest of the state really knows.

How did Tullahoma win District 8aaa? Their overall record was 7-3 and Columbia was 8-2. Tullahoma won the district and Columbia got a higher seed in the playoffs becouse overall records only count for state seedings.

OK people please listen! I have just talked with the TSSAA and I would like to say that both arguements are correct. The TSSAA did not define the rule correctly. The way the TSSAA has the handbook written then Bradley Central would be the 5AAA champs but in reality Cleveland is indeed your champs. The TSSAA representative I spoke with said they would look at the wording of the tie breaker rule and make any changes they needed to be made to ensure this confusion was taken care of. I really don't have a dog in this race but this arguement got me curious and I just had to call and find out the answer. I can see both arguements and I for one thought Bradley Central was the champs until I talked to the TSSAA. I do hope this answer will settle this confusion and we can move on to what this post was supposed to be about, how this game between Lawrence County and Cleveland turns out! If my answer does not satisfy everyone, here is the TSSAA number to call: 615-889-6740. Sometimes you get a recording and sometimes you actually get to talk with a real person. I think there must be a few fans and coaches calling in the tell them what a great job they did this year with the playoffs!! :roflol:

Edited by jvb123

Columbia lost two district games ( Tull and Franklin Co. ) and Tull had one district loss ( Shelbyville ). The other two losses were to Blackman and Siegel in Rutherford Co.

Columbia did indeed have two losses but they were to Tullahoma and Lincoln County. Your point was still well taken.

OK people please listen! I have just talked with the TSSAA and I would like to say that both arguements are correct. The TSSAA did not define the rule correctly. The way the TSSAA has the handbook written then Bradley Central would be the 5AAA champs but in reality Cleveland is indeed your champs. The TSSAA representative I spoke with said they would look at the wording of the tie breaker rule and make any changes they needed to be made to ensure this confusion was taken care of. I really don't have a dog in this race but this arguement got me curious and I just had to call and find out the answer. I can see both arguements and I for one thought Bradley Central was the champs until I talked to the TSSAA. I do hope this answer will settle this confusion and we can move on to what this post was supposed to be about, how this game between Lawrence County and Cleveland turns out! If my answer does not satisfy everyone, here is the TSSAA number to call: 615-889-6740. Sometimes you get a recording and sometimes you actually get to talk with a real person. I think there must be a few fans and coaches calling in the tell them what a great job they did this year with the playoffs!! :roflol:

What does the TSSAA handbook say in regards to attending 3 different schools in 3 years and never moving ?

If you indeed talked with someone at TSSAA as you said you did then then I stand corrected. I still feel as if my arguement was correct if they had gone by the way the handbook is written but if they say it misworded a bit then Congratulations Cleveland, District 5AAA champs!!

What makes you more mad G21? That we are #1 or that our 2 kids that jumped schools didnt stay to help make yall #1.

Come on people!! If I can admit that I was wrong about who won the district then surely yall can let a tranfer that actually was a none factor in the game between yall go! The running back had something like 1 yard in the first half and 60 in the second half. To me it may have actually fired up the Soddy team. Move on!!

Come on people!! If I can admit that I was wrong about who won the district then surely yall can let a tranfer that actually was a none factor in the game between yall go! The running back had something like 1 yard in the first half and 60 in the second half. To me it may have actually fired up the Soddy team. Move on!!

Exactly, Soddy did a great job at shutdowning j-mo, i give the props for it but its over with can we not just move on to this weeks game vs lawrence county thats the one that matters

Didnt say anything about the game between us....specifically about the championship. And if you want to move on.....stop commenting on it and only comment on the next game. If you dont know anything about Cleveland and Soddy. We dont like each other too much(clearly) so there will always be jabs!