Cleveland vs Lawrence county

blueraiders22

This Bradley fan recognizes that Cleveland won the Dsitrict 5, since they won the head to head match with the Bears. No problem there.

But it is a screwed up system when the #1 team of the district is a 6 seed in the playoffs and the #2 team is the 1 seed in the brackets.

It is screwed up but we could have helped ourselves by winning against Soddy. Thats the way it goes I guess. Good luck on Friday.

This Bradley fan recognizes that Cleveland won the Dsitrict 5, since they won the head to head match with the Bears. No problem there.

But it is a screwed up system when the #1 team of the district is a 6 seed in the playoffs and the #2 team is the 1 seed in the brackets.

Seeding is primarily based on overall record and I can see the point about a district#2 seeded above a district#1. However, the flipside of the coin is this, Coffee County-District6 champs, 3-7 record, #1 seed? I don't think so! This would punish teams with better records. District 1's & 2's are only automatic qualifiers and nothing to do with seeding. I haven't looked at the brackets very close. Are there any other district champs with an 8 seed?

I'm not quite sure why everyone is still arguing about who won the district and playoff seeding. It is what it is and this friday night it will be LC vs cleveland. so cleveland might want to focus on that instead of wondering if they won district because that no longer matters anymore. Its playoff time

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

Per the handbook from the above link: If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

Bradley and Cleveland would be tied and we have beaten them; thus, making us #1.

All the talk about head to head only comes in play at a certain point. You have to look at the first ten games to determine who won. Read well before all of that Section 2. D. talk. Saction 2. B. under General Ragulations:

2. B. In the event of a tie for a championship, second place, or qualifier, should one of the team’s opponents play 11 games, only the first 10 games played shall be counted.

Friends...we are talking about the tie for a championship and the first ten games count. It seems clear that Bradley won. Now reread Section 2. D. again. It again mentions that all district and nondistrict games count. It lists the 7 tie breaking rules. It does mention that head to head pretty much trumps all other tie-breaker rules. But Cleveland never tied with Bradley when they determined final standings. Bradley had an 8-2 record. Cleveland was 6-4. That's how I interpet it. But then again, we are talking about TSSAA. They seem to make the rules as they go some times. or at least bend the rules for some teams.

And by the way, district championships do mean something. It is what every team strives for at the beginning of the season.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

Per the handbook from the above link: If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

Bradley and Cleveland would be tied and we have beaten them; thus, making us #1.

The most important thing you are missing is, WHEN ONE TEAM HAS BEATEN ALL THE OTHERS THAT ARE TIED. This does NOT mean on the field or head to head!!! This means in the TIE BREAKER. The rule is plain as day people!! Read the handbook. It is not some junk they just decided to randomly print. This is how the TSSAA determines who wins the District so they know what 2 teams to place in the playoffs!! Bradley Central wins DISTRICT 5AAA by winning the first #1 tie breaker. That would be overall wins for some of the Cleveland fans that somehow can't understand. I just can't understand how this is so complicated. Things are obviously not the same as they used to be. The playoffs are different and the tie breaker for the district is different. Second place with a 6-4 record is not bad! :roflol:

Let's get back to who's going to win this Friday night.

You are right VOLFAN!! We do need to just let all this who won first and who won second crap go. I can just hear the LCHS coaches telling their team that the runners up, no the champions, no the runners up of District 5AAA will be coming to town Friday night! Actually, I bet neither team gives a big whoop where they finished in the district. Its time to play some football!!!

Edited by fballfan101

You are right VOLFAN!! We do need to just let all this who won first and who won second crap go. I can just hear the LCHS coaches telling their team that the runners up, no the champions, no the runners up of District 5AAA will be coming to town Friday night! Actually, I bet neither team gives a big whoop where they finished in the district. Its time to play some football!!!

Preach it brother! I'm just ready to see the outcome! From what I hear Lchs is stronger on the Defense and Cleveland has one heck of a QB.

Back several years ago when they had bowl games, Cleveland would be district champs and head to head meetings would count. Being district champs now don't figure in the playoff system.

Clearly that was back years ago and not now, so tell me this instead if going on about how district champs count and bowl games blah blah.....tell me who you think will win this Friday night and why you think you're right..after all, this is what the forum is about