Cleveland vs Lawrence county

blueraiders22

According to the TSSAA Bradley Central is the District Champs. Please keep in mind that head to head doesn't mean anything anymore. Bradley Centrals 8-2 record made them the District Champs. I am not trying to start anything, ask the TSSAA.

Please provide the website where you got this. Cleveland won the region title when we beat Ooltewah and Rhea beat Soddy. If it was a three was tie it would be determined by overall record but when its a two way tie it is determined by head to head and since we beat Bradley, we are Region champs.

Please provide the website where you got this. Cleveland won the region title when we beat Ooltewah and Rhea beat Soddy. If it was a three was tie it would be determined by overall record but when its a two way tie it is determined by head to head and since we beat Bradley, we are Region champs.

http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/regionalstandings.cfm?class=3

Bradley Central (6A) AAA 5 5 1 167 121 8 2 280 171 Rhea County,Soddy-Daisy,McMinn County,Ooltewah,Walker Valley

Cleveland (5A) AAA 5 5 1 185 125 6 4 286 216 Bradley Central,McMinn County,Walker Valley,Rhea County,Ooltewah

Soddy-Daisy (6A) AAA 5 4 2 146 79 6 4 227 153 Ooltewah,Walker Valley,McMinn County,Cleveland

Rhea County (6A) AAA 5 4 2 165 129 5 5 227 233 Walker Valley,McMinn County,Ooltewah,Soddy-Daisy

Ooltewah (6A) AAA 5 2 4 112 142 4 6 195 243 Walker Valley,McMinn County

McMinn County (6A) AAA 5 1 5 99 136 2 8 151 202 Walker Valley

Walker Valley (5A) AAA 5 0 6 107 249 2 8 211 404

As you can see the TSSAA has Bradley Central ahead of Cleveland. If there is a tie then the District Champs will be determined by the TSSAA tie breaker rules. Never once does it say anything about head to head. I am not saying that is the correct way, I am saying that is how the TSSAA does it. If you do not believe this post then contact the TSSAA and just ask them. I have aslo pasted the tie breaker rule below.

Just call the TSSAA and confirm this!

D. Teams shall qualify for the play-offs by finishing 1st or 2nd in their district/region or by placing high enough in the

state wide standings for their classification based on a set criterion.

For the purpose of district/region standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular

season games, both district/region and non-district/non-region, shall count. If at any point when the following tiebreaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that

team shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district/region standings has been determined, the

tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated

to determine all places in the district/region.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Once the district/region champions and runners up have been determined, the remainder of the 32 team bracket

in 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A and the remainder of the 24 team bracket in 1A and 2A shall be completed with teams as

they appear on the overall standings within each classification (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A). The standings will

be determined with the following criteria:

Note: Some of the tie-breaker criteria below involve games against non-Division I opponents. If a team plays a

school that is not in Division I, the following criteria will be used to determine that schools’ classification for the

purpose of breaking ties. Non-Division I being non-TSSAA schools, TSSAA Division II schools, and out-of-state

schools.

http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/regionalstandings.cfm?class=3

Bradley Central (6A) AAA 5 5 1 167 121 8 2 280 171 Rhea County,Soddy-Daisy,McMinn County,Ooltewah,Walker Valley

Cleveland (5A) AAA 5 5 1 185 125 6 4 286 216 Bradley Central,McMinn County,Walker Valley,Rhea County,Ooltewah

Soddy-Daisy (6A) AAA 5 4 2 146 79 6 4 227 153 Ooltewah,Walker Valley,McMinn County,Cleveland

Rhea County (6A) AAA 5 4 2 165 129 5 5 227 233 Walker Valley,McMinn County,Ooltewah,Soddy-Daisy

Ooltewah (6A) AAA 5 2 4 112 142 4 6 195 243 Walker Valley,McMinn County

McMinn County (6A) AAA 5 1 5 99 136 2 8 151 202 Walker Valley

Walker Valley (5A) AAA 5 0 6 107 249 2 8 211 404

As you can see the TSSAA has Bradley Central ahead of Cleveland. If there is a tie then the District Champs will be determined by the TSSAA tie breaker rules. Never once does it say anything about head to head. I am not saying that is the correct way, I am saying that is how the TSSAA does it. If you do not believe this post then contact the TSSAA and just ask them. I have aslo pasted the tie breaker rule below.

Just call the TSSAA and confirm this!

D. Teams shall qualify for the play-offs by finishing 1st or 2nd in their district/region or by placing high enough in the

state wide standings for their classification based on a set criterion.

For the purpose of district/region standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular

season games, both district/region and non-district/non-region, shall count. If at any point when the following tiebreaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that

team shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district/region standings has been determined, the

tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated

to determine all places in the district/region.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Once the district/region champions and runners up have been determined, the remainder of the 32 team bracket

in 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A and the remainder of the 24 team bracket in 1A and 2A shall be completed with teams as

they appear on the overall standings within each classification (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A). The standings will

be determined with the following criteria:

Note: Some of the tie-breaker criteria below involve games against non-Division I opponents. If a team plays a

school that is not in Division I, the following criteria will be used to determine that schools’ classification for the

purpose of breaking ties. Non-Division I being non-TSSAA schools, TSSAA Division II schools, and out-of-state

schools.

I am not seeing where it says that they are #1. I just see that it has both teams with the same record.

I am not seeing where it says that they are #1. I just see that it has both teams with the same record.

Probably the wrong blog to be discussing who won the district. If you read the tie breaker rules then you will see where head to head means nothing. Again, call the TSSAA and confirm this. It really doesn't matter anyway, the playoff positions are all that really matter. Wether Cleveland is district champs or not, they need to only worry about Lawrence County!

Edited by fballfan101

Probably the wrong blog to be discussing who won the district. If you read the tie breaker rules then you will see where head to head means nothing. Again, call the TSSAA and confirm this. It really doesn't matter anyway, the playoff positions are all that really matter. Wether Cleveland is district champs or not, they need to only worry about Lawrence County!

Ok got confirmation. They are list on the site by overall record not by who the champ is. Go Raiders! Beat Lawrence Co!

Ok got confirmation. They are list on the site by overall record not by who the champ is. Go Raiders! Beat Lawrence Co!

I hate to burst the Cleveland fans hearts but Fballfan is correct. Bradley Central wins the District 5 Championship. Don't dwell on it long though, yall have a very good Lawrence County team to concentrate on. If it makes you feel any better, LCHS is 4th in their district and they have a 7-3 record.