What's going on at Powell

phs1998

Ok, Ive read enough bashing/rumors and it is getting ridiculous. I pay well to be informed of many things associated with High School Football and there are so many inaccuracies in the above posts that its pathetic. Even the post about the Senior stealing cleats is not entirely accurate, close but not the whole story. All of the posters who are saying he stole ipods and money need to check their sources. I will not let the true details out now until due process has taking place but when the truth is revealed about what actually DID happen, there will be alot of people that have made comments about this young man that will want to apologize to him. With that said, let the system do its job and quit with the he said she said stuff because they are so far from the truth and like some have said he is a minor as well.

PS. A similar thing happened at Halls a few weeks ago and I bet no one know about that... go figure.

Hypothetically, if a person purloined a pair of shorts from a gym class locker room, does that register on your seriousness meter?

Edited by DiverCity

Hypothetically, if a person purloined a pair of shorts from a gym class locker room, does that register on your seriousness meter?

Well, In your "hypothetical" situation I would want to know if the student was actually stealing a pair of shorts or borrowing them to dress out or what? Both scenarios are wrong in my opinion and its details like this that the system will find out and make their decision. Like I said, Let the system have time to work.

But I do say this. Stealing is Stealing and anyone doing so should be punished. Yes I hope this young man has to pay for what ever he did, but some of these rumors are so far from the truth.

If a person steals a car then send him to jail, but if a person stole a pencil does he still need jail time?

I hope the young man is punished for his wrong doings, but I also hope the punishment fits the bill.

I still think Powell does fine without him this week and the rest of the year. Is anyone going to start a MoEast vs Powell thread or have I over looked it? Im ready for my predication already!

Edited by ScoreAtWill

Well, In your "hypothetical" situation I would want to know if the student was actually stealing a pair of shorts or borrowing them to dress out or what? Both scenarios are wrong in my opinion and its details like this that the system will find out and make their decision. Like I said, Let the system have time to work.

But I do say this. Stealing is Stealing and anyone doing so should be punished. Yes I hope this young man has to pay for what ever he did, but some of these rumors are so far from the truth.

If a person steals a car then send him to jail, but if a person stole a pencil does he still need jail time?

I hope the young man is punished for his wrong doings, but I also hope the punishment fits the bill.

I still think Powell does fine without him this week and the rest of the year. Is anyone going to start a MoEast vs Powell thread or have I over looked it? Im ready for my predication already!

I think I agree with your answer. What I thought you were getting at earlier was that iPods and money are much more serious than the hypothetical shorts scenario. With that said, of course the punishment should fit the crime. And on that question, a prior history of offenses and whether or not a person can be linked to other missing items from the hypothetical gym class locker room are equally important considerations to the kind of item that was filched.

Like you, I also noted certain inaccuracies in some of the other posts here. But IMO and with all due respect that doesn't make them rise to the level of bashing as you claimed in your first post. Rather, I think most of the posts have been thoughtful and reserved.

Edited by DiverCity

Well there may be some inaccuracies but the facts are that he has stole something and there has been speculation that this is not the first time! The merchandise was over $200 and he is suspended for 1 game! There are also other rumors about what some of his team thinks but I don't want the thread to get deleted...the story is out and I know the facts so who needs ScoreatWill...aka...Mr. Info...to tell us!

Suspend him 1 game or whatever I wouldn't get rid of him for the season. Look at what the kid sees on tv week after week with the Vol players that are about 8 miles down the road. Setting a good example

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Powell will do just fine, with or without Mobley. Their mobile qb is their main threat.

Is anyone concerned about the kid, or is everyone only concerned about the player?

Well there may be some inaccuracies but the facts are that he has stole something and there has been speculation that this is not the first time! The merchandise was over $200 and he is suspended for 1 game! There are also other rumors about what some of his team thinks but I don't want the thread to get deleted...the story is out and I know the facts so who needs ScoreatWill...aka...Mr. Info...to tell us!

I will comment at you one time only. Wrong, way under $200 and he is suspended for the entire playoffs, not one game.

The above post is total bull, you don't know any more than anyone else or you would tell...and no one cares about Halls...they are not in the playoffs.

Hey guys Scoreatwill stinks he is a scoundrel :) but he just very well might know what he is talking about. Trust me I learned the hard way. LOL At any-rate what ever that has happened the school and coaching staff have taken a zero tolerance for some qualified reason. I am sure we all have made mistakes in our life and this young man will pull through this and be a better person; after all, mistakes if corrected, will make anyone a better citizen. My prayers for this young man and his family!

• Upvote 1

The above post is total bull, you don't know any more than anyone else or you would tell...and no one cares about Halls...they are not in the playoffs.

Whatever the real truth is we may never know, but the fact remains that the trust between this young man and his team mates is forever broken. If and when he comes back I hope they can put this behind them and focus on the task that is ahead.

Good luck to the Panthers and my prayers will be with this young man.