creekwood at lexington

longsnapper37

rescue02 played football in the Special Olympics. He/She now wants to coach real football and that is truly insane!

Creek Wood, for the first time since the opening 2 games this season, is a healthy football team. Aaron Lee is back at QB and is throwing the football well. Kimo Odom is back at RB and had a nice game last week.

If Lexington is looking at "4-6" and thinking that is "what Creek Wood really is" then they are going to be in for a huge suprise. With those 2 guys on the field all season long the Red Hawks beat both Stewart County & Sycamore IMHO and enter the TSSAA State Playoffs at 6-4 instead of 4-6.

I know right now that Lexington is not Camden Central. They are not Fairview. They are not Dickson County. Greenbrier????? That remains to be seen.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this one will be closer than ya'll think. I don't think Lexington has enough discipline to consistently stop Creek Wood's offense. Lexington has a lot of athletes to recover from some of their discipline problems. Whichever defense can stop the other offense more often will win.

With Creek Wood finally healthy I expect them to come out with the upset victory in a close game coming down to a field goal. :popcorneater:

rescue02 played football in the Special Olympics. He/She now wants to coach real football and that is truly insane!

Creek Wood, for the first time since the opening 2 games this season, is a healthy football team. Aaron Lee is back at QB and is throwing the football well. Kimo Odom is back at RB and had a nice game last week.

If Lexington is looking at "4-6" and thinking that is "what Creek Wood really is" then they are going to be in for a huge suprise. With those 2 guys on the field all season long the Red Hawks beat both Stewart County & Sycamore IMHO and enter the TSSAA State Playoffs at 6-4 instead of 4-6.

I know right now that Lexington is not Camden Central. They are not Fairview. They are not Dickson County. Greenbrier????? That remains to be seen.

I know it has been a long season since we faced Creekwood, but looking back, they were one of the hardest hitting teams we faced all year. Two bruising backs and an awesome kicker. Even if Creekwood loses, Lexington will feel it in the morning.

Edited by ogor

If Lexington comes out playing like they have the last two games they will go deep in the playoffs. They beat Liberty 40 to 27 the score of this one doesn't reflect how bad they did beat them. They shutout JCM 49 to 0. Lexington is very disciplined and will be ready to play Friday Night. However, This is why they play four quarters of football to find who will win the game. Good Luck to Both Teams.

I know it has been a long season since we faced Creekwood, but looking back, they were one of the hardest hitting teams we faced all year. Two bruising backs and an awesome kicker. Even if Creekwood loses, Lexington will feel it in the morning.

creekwood will have to stop 3 good running backs and a qb that can hold his own and a very stingy defence that dont give u much

I saw this team play earlier in the year, right as they began to hit their stride. I have also seen a couple of their games on film.

they did not seem that fast to me, however they were very physical and they are disciplined.

they are very good up front. from what i could see the line play was the strength of this team.

the qb also does a very good job of running the offense.

Looks like I'll get to be there tonight. First time seeing Lexington play in a long time. I'm looking forward to it.

I've been told this is the fastest team in Lexington's history. That's ridiculously scary if true.

Far from the fastest team in history,but they are excellent at "assignment football".Keeping containment is Lexingtons phlisophy on D,and they do it well.If you can get a wideout or a back out in space chances are good that he wont be caught from behind,but when they hit you,you'll feel it.Offensively they pound the ball with multiple backs,and four or five yards per carry is just fine,but they will sweep the Q.B.with guards pulling and both big backs in front pretty often too.Put eight or nine in the box,and they will show that they are very competent passing the ball,they'd just rather wear your D down and keep it.Prediction?,if Creekwood is deep enough to rotate linemen out and keep 'em fresh,Lex. wins a close one,if not, Tigers ugly.

Whew, where to begin. Let's start with the football.

1. Well, let's start with the pre-game actually. That ATV is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Props to the Make-a-Wish foundation and whoever else helped make that happen.

2. #20 played a great game for CW. Was a killer in the flats. Same for the QB. He played a tough game and got hit...hard...a lot.

3. Jim Stowe is smiling down on this team. Trap, Off-tackle, cross, and keeper. This team plays Stowe-ball.

4. The fact that this LHS team is so young is downright scary. That sophomore class is going to be tough in 2 years.

5. I thought Creekwood had a good game plan to shut down the outside attack. But they could not stop that and the inside game both.

6. I hope Kosisko for Lexington is ok. Leaving on a cart is never good.

On to other stuff...........

I've seen badly called games, but I don't know if I've ever seen a worse officiated game that I've ever seen tonight. People I was sitting around were commenting about the ref was going to be problems before the game even started....and they were right. I don't think I've ever seen a ref grab a player by the facemask before until tonight (and if that was my kid I would have been VERY upset). And I don't know all of the background, but it appears both sideline warnings were bogus. And I don't think I've ever seen the second one called in that situation nor one should be called unless it was totally blatant. That said....

While the Creekwood coach had every right to be upset, his actions merited at least a 15 yarder and IMO a one-way ticket to the parking lot. You do not and cannot act like that. I don't care. It was still a 1 TD game at the time and he and his team quit after that.

That said, when Creekwood had a player down with 2 minutes left and he gathered his team at the 50 yard line, that may have been the least classy thing I've ever seen at a high school football game. I'm sorry you got mad and wanted to make a statement coach. You had a player down. Don't do that...ever.

I'm sure I will be torn a new one by CW fans. Like I said, I thought the call was bogus and should have never been called. That still doesn't justify what happened after it.

Good win LHS. Keep it going.