creekwood at lexington

longsnapper37

Whew, where to begin. Let's start with the football.

1. Well, let's start with the pre-game actually. That ATV is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Props to the Make-a-Wish foundation and whoever else helped make that happen.

2. #20 played a great game for CW. Was a killer in the flats. Same for the QB. He played a tough game and got hit...hard...a lot.

3. Jim Stowe is smiling down on this team. Trap, Off-tackle, cross, and keeper. This team plays Stowe-ball.

4. The fact that this LHS team is so young is downright scary. That sophomore class is going to be tough in 2 years.

5. I thought Creekwood had a good game plan to shut down the outside attack. But they could not stop that and the inside game both.

6. I hope Kosisko for Lexington is ok. Leaving on a cart is never good.

On to other stuff...........

I've seen badly called games, but I don't know if I've ever seen a worse officiated game that I've ever seen tonight. People I was sitting around were commenting about the ref was going to be problems before the game even started....and they were right. I don't think I've ever seen a ref grab a player by the facemask before until tonight (and if that was my kid I would have been VERY upset). And I don't know all of the background, but it appears both sideline warnings were bogus. And I don't think I've ever seen the second one called in that situation nor one should be called unless it was totally blatant. That said....

While the Creekwood coach had every right to be upset, his actions merited at least a 15 yarder and IMO a one-way ticket to the parking lot. You do not and cannot act like that. I don't care. It was still a 1 TD game at the time and he and his team quit after that.

That said, when Creekwood had a player down with 2 minutes left and he gathered his team at the 50 yard line, that may have been the least classy thing I've ever seen at a high school football game. I'm sorry you got mad and wanted to make a statement coach. You had a player down. Don't do that...ever.

I'm sure I will be torn a new one by CW fans. Like I said, I thought the call was bogus and should have never been called. That still doesn't justify what happened after it.

Good win LHS. Keep it going.

I agree Sol. I think it was a very bad call, especially on a 4th down and 4. But, the coach did lose his composer and that led to 2 unsportsmanlike conducts. He had a case, he had every right to be mad, he did go over board though. At that point the games was far from over, after that huge tirade it was over. I'm sure he just got caught up in emotions, but you still have to have a stopping point.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had you known what the white hat had been saying to Creek Wood's players you would probably have a little more acceptance of the head coach's actions. And the two personal fouls after that incident one was because Creek Wood's player looked at one of Lexington's player the wrong way (at least that was the ref's explanation) and the other was on a player who never does anything that dirty or anything after the play, his personal foul because of his reaction to the ref telling him to "Shut the F*** up." As far as the meeting at the 50 yard line, the Head coach had already checked on his player TWICE then brought his team together to make sure they didn't say or do anything to the refs.

Had you known what the white hat had been saying to Creek Wood's players you would probably have a little more acceptance of the head coach's actions. And the two personal fouls after that incident one was because Creek Wood's player looked at one of Lexington's player the wrong way (at least that was the ref's explanation) and the other was on a player who never does anything that dirty or anything after the play, his personal foul because of his reaction to the ref telling him to "Shut the F*** up." As far as the meeting at the 50 yard line, the Head coach had already checked on his player TWICE then brought his team together to make sure they didn't say or do anything to the refs.

Sounds like a lot of drama at this one. I knew Creekwood would keep this one close.

I'm pretty sure the ref was a jerk to both sides. The officiating crew was terrrible. You will not hear me dispute that. Memphis crew I heard, TIFWIW.

When you as a coach go over and kick tht kickers net, you have lost all control.

close??? did you see the final score?

Were you there? Did you read the end of this(below) article? Did you read any of the posts above or do you base everything on scores?

Score in the fourth: Lexington 28 Creekwood 21

Lexington had fourth down and four, up by one score in the fourth quarter before the Referee issue gave them the first down. Without the penalty, Lexington punts and Creekwood has the ball with a chance to tie/or win in the fourth. Yes -I call that "keeping it CLOSE".... :bored:

Lexington took control in the fourth quarter after swapping touchdowns with Creek Wood in the third. A Creek Wood sideline penalty gave Lexington a first down on fourth-and-4 to sustain a long drive in the fourth quarter, and an unsportsmanlike conduct call a few plays later put the ball deep in Creek Wood territory.

Sellers then scored his touchdown on a 16-yard run to take a 35-21 edge.

Lexington will be back at home next week to take on Greenbriar, who defeated Chester County 17-12.

—Brandon Shields, 425-9751

Edited by ogor