Help, Need game for week 9, 2011

FootballDad

Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) is trying to fill our 2011 and 2012 football schedule. Week 9 is the primary target date, but we can schedule a week 7 by moving our open date on week 7 to week 9 if necessary (not preferred). We are willing to travel as far as Nashville, Chattanooga, or Tri-Cities and even out of state to schools in KY, NC, AL & GA if they are near the TN border. All classifications are on the table except for DII. We are a DI 3A (playoff) team with app. 400 students with NO financial aid/scholarship athletes.

I am not the coach or the AD, but I am trying to help secure some leads for him as he prepares our team for the playoffs. Please respond ASAP on this thread and I'll forward the information. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Hampton they play the same school twice a year or the team they play Johnson County!

Did you all drop Elizabethton or vice versa!

We want to keep the Etown game and have made that offer repeatedly. Still no response. Great matchup, great game, great atmosphere in Betsy, but we're not sure why we are not getting a YES or NO. Who knows, but if Betsy will call the answer is YES. Not trying to make any kind of big deal about this, just trying to fill out our 2011-12 schedule.

I'll ask coach if he's spoken with Hampton or Johnson County, thats a good idea since they play each other twice. Thanks.

Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) is trying to fill our 2011 and 2012 football schedule. Week 9 is the primary target date, but we can schedule a week 7 by moving our open date on week 7 to week 9 if necessary (not preferred). We are willing to travel as far as Nashville, Chattanooga, or Tri-Cities and even out of state to schools in KY, NC, AL & GA if they are near the TN border. All classifications are on the table except for DII. We are a DI 3A (playoff) team with app. 400 students with NO financial aid/scholarship athletes.

I am not the coach or the AD, but I am trying to help secure some leads for him as he prepares our team for the playoffs. Please respond ASAP on this thread and I'll forward the information. Thanks in advance for your help.

How about Greeneville? We lost all 4 non district games...we are in talk with some schools but nothing set in stone except for shill week 0 and mw week 1...they are in talk w/alcoa and db...Hollar at us

Wish we were closer to each other. Would for sure be a great game and would definitely make our team stronger - win or lose. Good luck finding an opponent, if they check your last game against the mighty Tornadoes they will probably politely decline.

Not sure about Polk Co. - had heard that Notre Dame, Tellico Plains, Chattanooga Christian and possibly Walker Valley were dropping them. Seems like they were looking at picking up Chattanooga Central and maybe Signal Mountain, like I said, not sure, but maybe a possibility.

According to one of the Polk coaches only Tellico and Notre Dame are dropping us. Chatt Christian wants to keep us because it brings them a big gate. So unless some thing changes Polk's schedule will be in no particular order: Bradley, South Pitt, Walker Valley, Meigs, McMinn Central, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, Signal Mountain, Chatt Central, and Chatt Christian.

Personally I was hoping for us to pick up C.A.K. or Cleveland, but it looks like an improved out of district schedule.

How about Greeneville? We lost all 4 non district games...we are in talk with some schools but nothing set in stone except for shill week 0 and mw week 1...they are in talk w/alcoa and db...Hollar at us

Week 9 is a set up conference week for Greeneville. I believe that week is Grainger on Greeneville's schedule. CAK would have to move another game to be able to schedule, but that would be a heck of a game.

Coach Bradley has already called Greeneville. The answer was NO, but it may have been due to the opening in the schedules not matching up. I know Greeneville was talking with Powell (Powell told us that when we called them) and possibly Alcoa, but it wasn't going to work out with CAK. If things don't work out sooner, then maybe later Greeneville and CAK can work the schedule around some how. Thanks.