Help, Need game for week 9, 2011

FootballDad

Wish we were closer to each other. Would for sure be a great game and would definitely make our team stronger - win or lose. Good luck finding an opponent, if they check your last game against the mighty Tornadoes they will probably politely decline.

I wish you guys were closer as well. I'd love to see that game. No chest thumping by the Warriors, if we did that we would hurt our little ol selves, ha. Good luck to the Bulldogs in the playoffs. FYI: if we are able to make our way to round 3 and unable to stop the F5, maybe we can at least take them down to an F2 or F3 for you, but their run game is brutal with #2 & #1 at TB. Almost like playing a small college team.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Hampton they play the same school twice a year or the team they play Johnson County!

Did you all drop Elizabethton or vice versa!

Coach says he will try Hampton tomorrow, had not spoken with them yet. He had already spoken with Johnson County, didn't get an outright NO, but certainly didn't get a YES either. We'll see. Thanks.

FootballDad I'm just wondering, do you guys usually bring a big crowd when you travel? I'm just asking because I'd love to see CAK or Alcoa come to the Chattanooga area to play. Good luck against Kingston and hopfully Polk will play well enough for us to come visit you all next week so I can buy some of that banana pudding I've read so much about. :hungry:

FootballDad I'm just wondering, do you guys usually bring a big crowd when you travel? I'm just asking because I'd love to see CAK or Alcoa come to the Chattanooga area to play. Good luck against Kingston and hopfully Polk will play well enough for us to come visit you all next week so I can buy some of that banana pudding I've read so much about. :hungry:

We have a loyal crowd for away games and it is growing, but I wouldn't say we bring a big crowd. For a school our size (app. 400 students) though I think our crowd is respectable. And we wouldn't get upset if we have to pay to park :D Hope to see you guys Round 2, should be a great game if it materializes. If so, look me up and I'll treat you to some of that nanner pudding. Yum, yum. My wife and several of the other moms make it from scratch.

We have a loyal crowd for away games and it is growing, but I wouldn't say we bring a big crowd. For a school our size (app. 400 students) though I think our crowd is respectable. And we wouldn't get upset if we have to pay to park :D Hope to see you guys Round 2, should be a great game if it materializes. If so, look me up and I'll treat you to some of that nanner pudding. Yum, yum. My wife and several of the other moms make it from scratch.

If you need some Crow Sauce Barb makes a purtty darn good batch so I've heard! :roflol:

My goodness that's twice he has mentioned how small their enrollment is. I tell you sometimes these private schools kind of get me a little teary. They are so under privileged I feel sorry for them. A private school in West Knoxville, I bet they hardly have enough equipment to field a team. " They only have an enrollment of around 400 you know".

Edited by BROKEDOWN

My goodness that's twice he has mentioned how small their enrollment is. I tell you sometimes these private schools kind of get me a little teary. They are so under privileged I feel sorry for them. A private school in West Knoxville, I bet they hardly have enough equipment to field a team. " They only have an enrollment of around 400 you know".

Sorry the enrollment figure sounded like "crying", just trying to be descriptive when answering the question. Truth is it is hard to have a crowd as big as schools who have much larger enrollments. Thats all I was saying. So let me rephrase my answer: Yes, we bring a great crowd. Our crowd will be as big, per capita, as any school you will play. FIXED :mrgreen:

It would great to see a Catholic, Webb, Farragut, or Bearden on CAK's schedule! Another battle of West Knoxville. :thumb:

I agree... CAK, Catholic and Webb should always be on each other's schedule every year.

Webb used to play Bearden and for whatever reason that series ended. CAK and Webb play in 2007 and 2008 but for whatever reason it didn't work out to keep it going. I know Webb has asked Farragut the past couple of years but it didn't come together.

FootballDad... why no DII schools?

Edited by PowerSweep

Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) is trying to fill our 2011 and 2012 football schedule. Week 9 is the primary target date, but we can schedule a week 7 by moving our open date on week 7 to week 9 if necessary (not preferred). We are willing to travel as far as Nashville, Chattanooga, or Tri-Cities and even out of state to schools in KY, NC, AL & GA if they are near the TN border. All classifications are on the table except for DII. We are a DI 3A (playoff) team with app. 400 students with NO financial aid/scholarship athletes.

I am not the coach or the AD, but I am trying to help secure some leads for him as he prepares our team for the playoffs. Please respond ASAP on this thread and I'll forward the information. Thanks in advance for your help.

If yall are not opposed to traveling to the Chattanooga area, I would love to see how Sequatchie Co. could far against a knoxville school. Our team this year is mostly Sophmores and Juniors including a 1000 yard rusher. And Sequatchie always travels good, brought nearly 400 to Pigeon Forge a few years ago. I dont no wat coach barger has so far heard rumors of adding 6A soddy daisy but we should have the last two weeks availible

I agree... CAK, Catholic and Webb should always be on each other's schedule every year.

Webb used to play Bearden and for whatever reason that series ended. CAK and Webb play in 2007 and 2008 but for whatever reason it didn't work out to keep it going. I know Webb has asked Farragut the past couple of years but it didn't come together.

FootballDad... why no DII schools?

Sweep, many of us Warrior fans would like to continue to play Webb. Our football program continues to improve, especially in the past couple of years, and I believe the Warriors are capable of competing with the Spartans, not sure if we could win but they should be entertaining and very competitive games. We play each other in most other sports already. I know many of us have a great respect for Webbs athletic programs. I know CAK is actively soliciting a game with Catholic at this time.

The main issue I believe is simply the financial aid/scholarship players that DII schools recruit and put on the field. I've heard numbers as high as 75% of a DII schools starting lineup being scholarship athletes (not sure what Webb's is, haven't heard that number) A "hand picked team" if you will. While CAK, being a private school, gets unjustly accussed of recruiting athletes with financial incentives, we do not do that. I believe the powers that be feel like we should play against schools that do not offer scholarships. Not saying that I agree, just trying to answer the question.