6th Annual Gerry Bertier 3A Pick Em Contest

Gerry Bertier

FACT: You picked EL because you thought they would win. Hey...that's okay. We all knew it would be a good game...and it was. If you don't want to admit it...that's okay too. I might have picked EL too...but I doubt it. That's not on emotion either. I did not account for 2 kickoff returns. SC does not give up many...and had not given up even a long return all year. EL hit 2 big plays...I expected that too.

I knew SC would be able to pass...and they did. I didn't expect 354 yards... :D

FACT (ADVICE): If you don't want to be ridiculed...don't pick against one (or both) of your supposed teams in a pick 'em contest for all to see. ;) You have a no win situation.

Don't need your advice. I do OK without it. Also, when I post, I don't care what "all see". Not posting and entering "pick 'ems" to earn everyone's stamp of approval. Don't mind being ridiculed. Didn't pick EL becasue I thought they would win, but because I thought they COULD win, and no one else was picking them. Thought I explained that. When I enter a pick 'em contest, I always pick an underdog that no one else is picking that I think has a chance to win. If you were in the contest, would you pick SC to beat Alcoa if it got to that point? If so, you are picking based on emotion and not intelligence.

Been season ticket holder with the Titans since Day 1, but I picked San Diego last week. Doesn't mean I am a SD fan. ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't need your advice. I do OK without it. Also, when I post, I don't care what "all see". Not posting and entering "pick 'ems" to earn everyone's stamp of approval. Don't mind being ridiculed. Didn't pick EL becasue I thought they would win, but because I thought they COULD win, and no one else was picking them. Thought I explained that. When I enter a pick 'em contest, I always pick an underdog that no one else is picking that I think has a chance to win. If you were in the contest, would you pick SC to beat Alcoa if it got to that point? If so, you are picking based on emotion and not intelligence.

Been season ticket holder with the Titans since Day 1, but I picked San Diego last week. Doesn't mean I am a SD fan. ;)

Okay man...just trying to help. Guess you don't care who you alienate. Seems you would think twice about it...but hey...that's up to you..

Okay man...just trying to help. Guess you don't care who you alienate. Seems you would think twice about it...but hey...that's up to you..

If me making picks in a pick 'em contest alienates me from someone, they are pretty shallow. it's funny, but no one seemed to have a problem with it except you, but then again, anytime I post, you go on a mission to make something out of it. Have you ever noticed, I never pick at your posts, but you jump on every one of mine? If I alientate you, that is no big loss.

If me making picks in a pick 'em contest alienates me from someone, they are pretty shallow. it's funny, but no one seemed to have a problem with it except you, but then again, anytime I post, you go on a mission to make something out of it. Have you ever noticed, I never pick at your posts, but you jump on every one of mine? If I alientate you, that is no big loss.

Really...I could care less...but I will answer. I just like to have a little fun with you. You act like a kid that lost his lunch to a bully. You go into some kind of diatribe to explain what you have posted. Heck...you even told opponents how you would defend our offense. If you are on our side...I would hate to think how you would be if you were against us.

You raved on how we couldn't play with EL after CPA lost to them. I told you then it would be 2 different teams if we did meet. It doesn't matter why you did it. I just said...I wouldn't do it. You asked who I would pick if we play Alcoa...the answer is nobody. I won't pick it. I didn't pick the EL game...nor will I pick the PC game...or if we are lucky enough to play GP or Seq...or the winner of quad 4.

You see there are many SC fans on here. How many picked in that contest? I can tell you...NONE. There is a reason for that. If you are too shallow to know...then so be it. :rolleyes:

You are way too critical of coaches. That includes ours and our CPA friends. Man...don't you realize they read this site? All that does is p them off. Why do that? What do you get out of it? There's my diatribe.

volcamry42 had the best round picking all 8 teams to advance to the QuarterFinals. Still alot of football to be played. Over the next two weeks the contest will be decided. Now that my season is done, I will be out and about watching some good 3A football. I think Goodpasture vs. Pearl Cohn will be a great game to be out Friday night.

Name 1st Round 2nd Round Total

volcamry42 15 16 31

howdoitknow2 15 14 29

CPA4EVER 15 14 29

BulldogFan #2 15 14 29

polkalumni 16 12 28

sportsnut84 16 12 28

Solomon 14 14 28

smokinote 16 12 28

GCPioneer 15 12 27

harley2004 15 12 27

bd03 15 12 27

curiousdave 14 12 26

DSM10 14 12 26

CycloneCyclone 13 12 25

Gerry Bertier 14 10 24

budkilmer 14 10 24

FVHSJACKETS9 14 10 24

polkalumn01 13 10 23

DefMinded 14 8 22

rcombs 14 8 22

warhorse 14 8 22

Omniscience 14 8 22

gobulldogs 12 10 22

NEEDFORSPEED 14 8 22

BowdenBoy111 13 8 21

ballbasher30 12 6 18

Hello! Anybody there???

I'm here CPA4Ever, Gerry must be busy this weekend. Hopefully he will update during the week.

We play GP this weekend and I noticed you picked Milan in this contest. What differences will we see in GP this year versus 2008. Same offense? I hear from Needforspeed their seconday plays softer than he would like. Seems like every week he had mentioned it. Just wondering what your thoughts were?

I'm here CPA4Ever, Gerry must be busy this weekend. Hopefully he will update during the week.

We play GP this weekend and I noticed you picked Milan in this contest. What differences will we see in GP this year versus 2008. Same offense? I hear from Needforspeed their seconday plays softer than he would like. Seems like every week he had mentioned it. Just wondering what your thoughts were?

This will be a very good game. Both teams have had a great year and have great tradition in big games and getting to finals. Feel like Milan is on a roll right now, but just picked them on a hunch. GP is just as valid a pick. Milan will have to throw some to win, IMO.

Gerry, got an update? I think I may be leading. I have all Final 4 teams and am 26-2 overall.

I am currently 25-3 overall with 3 of the 4 semifinalists picked correctly (Elizabethton, Alcoa, & Milan).

I am going to end at 27-4 after Alcoa wins their next 2 games and wins YET ANOTHER state championship in Class 3A (the old Class 2A).

Had Pearl-Cohn beaten Goodpasture last week I would have this thing all but wrapped up CPA4Ever. 2 blocked punts & a 15 yard reception that turned into a fumble and a score for Goodpasture proved to be what ultimately did the Firebirds in!